What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Worked on the lady's rig this weekend. Cranked up the front torsion bars to match the rear JGC springs we just put in. her truck is around 2.5" suspension lift now and it looks and rides great! Her truck is coming along nicely, it's just about ready for the VG33E swap, we have the new block all cleaned and painted. Ill get some new pictures up soon. I'm slightly jealous, we get to spend so much time cleaning up each part and repainting everything for her swap. Mine had to be done fast and in a pinch so it doesn't LOOK as nice.

We also installed energy suspension front sway bar kit (extended end links, new poly bushes) to get the front end all sorted out.

Next weekend is my truck, fix the little spot on the frame, fix up my alignment a bit, and get a day pass of insurance to take it up the mountain. :)

I used Volvo clips to re-mount my DS front corner light. The Nissan parts guy didn't have any in stock so he snagged some from the Volvo bin since the two share the same parts counter. They actually fit better than the Nissan clips. Best part of all - No charge.

replaced both broken rear lugs, one either side. then I sandblasted and plasti dipped the wheels. also did a quick and dirty job of covering some rust on the rear wheel wells. (good from far but far from good) it'll do until I have time to do a proper job.

also Plasti dipped front and rear bumpers, Its all Tactical Black now baby! build thread with photos to happen soon.

Wasn't today but it was like a week ago I just never get on te forum that much anymore but anyways I made/installed a light bar for some led lighta I bought awhile ago but I need more lights so it won't look so goofy

Changed fuel filter. Napa Gold (Wix) <br />Removed stock side steps. They were rotted out. Pulled a few plugs to check em. Good to go. Sent from smert fone<br />

Edited by Rebelord

Yikes... 120 of gas in a day. That's steep! lol.

I was forced to work on my 240 today instead of my pathy. Went to replace my rear sway bar bushings last week and the end links snapped in half on both sides...so I fabbed up my own end links to fit the poly bushing set I got...also had to bore out the d-bracket bushings from a 15mm (stock 240sx rear sway bar) to 21 mm (hicas 240sx rear sway bar). painted it all up and ill install it tomorrow. Then I can work on my pathy more!

Fixed the rear cargo light for good... wired it to the tire carrier switch instead. This turned out trickier than I'd expected so I made a video of it for anyone else who wants to give it a go:

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out! Maybe not good as new, but it didn't cost me a dime and I don't have to grope around in the dark for the light switch anymore.

I also changed the oil today... first time doing it DIY. Gotta get one of those relocation kits next time around!

I had a rear brake service (clean, lubricate, adjust) done at Nissan for $40. I also had them adjust the brake pedal free play since there was a noticeable amount, and adjust the parking brake. Now the play I noticed is nearly eliminated (invoice says the tech adjusted what little play there was at the MC input shaft) and the parking brake goes up 4 to 5 clicks as it should. Those two adjustments costed me $90 (hour's worth of labor, I guess). The brake pedal has less travel, feels more firm, and braking is more even and powerful. I had a $25 coupon that expired today so I figured I might as well use it. I'll probably get a rear brake service yearly or so, the $40 cost isn't bad and there's been a noticeable improvement the two times I've had the service done. My rear brake components have about 50% life left as said on the invoice, not bad for OEM components with 141.5k miles on them.

well my ladys pathfinder has had the tailpipe snapped off the muffler and just dangling around now for a while...had the day off by surprise so we took the opportunity to fix up her trucks exhaust system.

We took out the tail pipe section, and inspected and not only did it snap off the back of the muffler (some straight through type, cant tell the brand) but there was a hole in the section of pipe immediately following the muffler. The exhaust pipe after that hole looked brand new though so I chopped off the bad stuff, ground down the nasty broken off bits on the muffler and filled the gaps with fresh new pipe. Also took the time to add a 2``-2.5`` flare so her truck has a 2.5`` tail pipe now. Also gave the rear section of exhaust a coat of black rust paint so it should hold up now, also looks really nice. :)

Holy it sounds so much better now! Much quieter but has a nice throaty undertone with the 2.5`` tip. All the low end power is back as well as I`m sure the gas mileage. The cat isnt banging around on the cross member now, either.

Total cost for todays repairs = 4.51$ for the 2-2.5`` flare adapter, some wire in my welder and some leftover black high temp rust paint we had kicking around.

Well after almost 10h of work my Iron Man springs /NX4 strut spacers and KYB shocks are in! ride is great and I went from 32" (ground to fender) to 36" up front and just a wee bit more out back!

Heading out to the range for a shake down ride today.

build thread and pics to follow!

started installing the oil filter relocation kit, got the adapter on, have to remove it tomorrow because I forgot to put oil on the O-ring !!, got the hoses cut to length and the ends installed, have to pick up another length of hose to cut to put over the oil hoses in a couple spots so they don't rub on anything. The swivel hose ends are a 1" hex size, can't believe all the wrenches I have and my set goes from 15/16" to 1 1/16", no 1" anywhere, will have to pick one up tomorrow.

On the sentra, replaced the steering U-joint with a better used one I pulled from a junkyard car few years ago, steering feels tighter, old joint had some play in it.

Today, was so pissed off almost beat the PF with a large hammer, it wasn't it's fault just so mad.

I finished installing the oil filter relocation kit, filled the engine with oil (and the filter), started it and oil was coming out like crazy from behind the filter adapter, removed the hoses from the adapter, removed the adapter, cleaned where the O-ring sits, re-installed it and the hoses, started the truck and AGAIN same thing oil coming out from behind the adapter !!

No idea why but I'm done with it for now, normal filter is going back on tomorrow !!

Edited by ahardb0dy

Aw man that's a bummer... maybe the fitting on the end of the line is not correctly clamped on??

Went to visit my truck to inspect what I have to replace on the frame..... went over it thoroughly and its all solid but one area above the passenger rear wheel. Right in front of the panhard mount cap on the outside of the frame. The underside is shot but the upper 60% of the frame is solid and thick. So I'm going to cut off the panhard mount cap and replace a u shaped section on the bottom of the frame for about 5" section. Not too worried about structure as the top majority of the frame is still solid. I'll POR15 it all after and should last me another 2 decades :)

I don't know what brand of adapter you used, but I've read some of them just leak. I think it was some reviews at Summit.<br /><br />Oh I replaced a center link. Its a Moog, as mine was so bad I couldn't wait for a Hoohaa to show up. I need another car/bike/segway to take to work in situations like this.<br />

Edited by Trogdor636

It's a transdapt adapter, only thing I read on their instructions was that if the adapter doesn't contact the sealing surface you may have to cut the nipple down, I didn't have any problems when I used the same adapter on my 87 hardbody, unless the JDM VG30 is different, but I doubt it. Going to check the nipple tomorrow and screw the adapter on with out the O-ring to see if it bottoms out on the nipple, still going to pick up a regular oil filter for now.

Nefarious, what fitting on the end of the line are you referring too??

The hose ends I used are the socketless type that just push into the hose, none of the 4 ends were leaking at all.

I was amazed after draining out the old oil and refilling it when the oil leaked out it was BLACK, looked like it was in there for 100K miles.

I washed it since its been a long time and also polished up my chrome wheels looks a lot nicer I should probabaly keep up with the washing but other than that its still a stock pathy but I love it