What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I topped off my battery with distilled water. Two of the cells were lower than the rest, with the others all even just below the bottom of the vent holes. Perhaps the low cells explained my recent difficult cold starts? How full do I fill the cells? I see no max line. Should I fill to the middle of the vent holes?

I should inspect the batteries on the rest of the vehicles I maintain. That was the first time I ever topped off a battery.

In my experience, the outside cells tend to evaporate quicker. I top mine off with filtered drinking water like we do at work on our electric fork lifts.

Went with a friend to a newJY looking for parts for his GDs ranger and spotted a 88 pathy burgundy color, been wanting to do something about the dent in the drivers side front fender for years. $50.00 and I have a cherry fender. Now I'm thinking do I really want the flat black hood and cowl or do I want it all the same color again, the hood and cowl are cherry. Think I'm going to make another to Pomona LOL

Man O Man I just changed out my stock horns to gm horns and now instead of roadrunner Beep,Beep! I've got HONK! HONK!!! Also cleaned up the wires and metal plate that covers the fuel pump and removed the heat shields covering the manifold so I could check manifold bolts and yea found one bolt broken so may just get all 12 bolts and replace them with the 300zx bolts which are stronger than stock sounds like a project but you and I all know thats life.And as the late great Jerry Garcia said gotta keep on trucking.

I hooked a tow strap to mine and hooked the other end to a massive 70s hood that needed to be somewhere else. Worked out pretty well actually, except for the banjos playing in the back of my mind.

Seafoam does NOT kill your cats. ;-)

That's good, I've grown rather attached to the furry little buggers. :fish:

My battery died. Time to get a new one.

I've been waiting for mine to die. Some Kragen battery that has a date of February 2003 on it that came with my truck.

Edited by Trogdor636

Replaced both head lamps and fog lights with some Sylvania Silverstars. I know these lights tend to burn out prematurely as I have them on all of our cars but, I really do love the light out put.

Finished prepping and laid the 2 base coats on my lady's vg33e block. Good old gloss black. Looks amazing so far. We will wait a couple days and then finish the coats and start putting everything back together with the vg30e externals. Everything is coming together!

And for my truck I picked up some steel to patch a small rust hole in my frame. The rest is mint, just one tiny spot has a hole...weird spot but ill fix it next weekend. My truck is almost ready for the trails again and my gfs us almost ready for her vg33e swap. This will be a fun summer!!!

I had to replace my battery the other day. Got an Autocraft Gold 810CCA Group 27 for $74 after $40 off $110 discount code and after I got the $15 core charge back. Cranks like lightning now. The original size is Group 24. Group 27 fits okay height wise, but it is longer than the stock battery tray. I just left it there, anyway. The area below my battery tray is getting a little rusty, probably from typical battery corrosion and water collecting and sitting there. I wiped it off with some Simple Green and some more paint flaked off, but it's not too bad. http://i.imgur.com/Vbl3P3c.jpg

Edited by Towncivilian

Used rust encapsulator on front and rear tube bumpers, as well as both rock sliders. They had been getting a little rusty, so that helped a ton. After it had dried several hours later, I sprayed undercoating on all of them as a protective coating. Looks great, and after that dries It should be preserved for a decently long time!

Finished prepping and laid the 2 base coats on my lady's vg33e block. Good old gloss black. Looks amazing so far. We will wait a couple days and then finish the coats and start putting everything back together with the vg30e externals. Everything is coming together!

And for my truck I picked up some steel to patch a small rust hole in my frame. The rest is mint, just one tiny spot has a hole...weird spot but ill fix it next weekend. My truck is almost ready for the trails again and my gfs us almost ready for her vg33e swap. This will be a fun summer!!!

You just gonna put a VG30 crank? So you don't want to modify all the brackets for her truck too?

James

Nope, Mr.510 crank adapter is being used for her truck this time. Her truck is her daily driver so we need to have it off the road as short as possible. Vg33e full short block, heads, crank, oil pump, filter housing, etc... just the accessories and manifolds will be from the vg30. Oh and the vg30e water pump and left side valve cover.

Should go in nearly like stock with only a few minor modifications to fit the vg30e accessories but with all the benefits of the vg33 like the stronger crank, better oil pump and filter location, round tooth timing setup, right side valve cover oil filler extension. We are painting everything too. I will be a little jealous! I never made my vg33e half as pretty as hers, ah love.... lol....

I'll get some pics of the progress today. I was too tired after working all day yesterday I just wanted to flop and crack a brewsky lol.

Edited by Nefarious

Cool, you still have to do a little modding with his crank adapter. He shows it all in his VG34 thread. Should be easier than all the modding you had to do on yours. I have a pile of parts I will turn into a VG34 one day, my VG30 just won't quit though. I got a VG33 from a frontier with all the accessories in the same locations as the pathfinder so they should just bolt up.

James

Finally installed a voltmeter! Didn't really need one but it fills the hole in the dash.

P1010003-18_zpsf5853b78.jpg

If you're considering putting a gauge there, put it down a ways. I had to put this one here because of other holes I'd drilled, but I had to do some trimming under the dash to clear it.

cleaned the Maf. Tried to hunt down a fuel leak around the tank. I pulled the access cover and it's not coming from the area around the fuel pump. But I can see where the fuel has left stains down the sides of the tank like it coming from up top somewhere. Guess I'm going to have to get one of those cool video inspection scopes and snake it around the top of the tank. Last resort I guess I could drop the tank but rather not.

cleaned the Maf. Tried to hunt down a fuel leak around the tank. I pulled the access cover and it's not coming from the area around the fuel pump. But I can see where the fuel has left stains down the sides of the tank like it coming from up top somewhere. Guess I'm going to have to get one of those cool video inspection scopes and snake it around the top of the tank. Last resort I guess I could drop the tank but rather not.

Make sure its not a spot weld on the bottom of the tank. Mine had what looked like something draining down the sides too, but it was a spot weld on the bottom. Pull the gas guard and you'll see it.

Finally installed my tranny cooler! Now to figure out how much fluid to add... I hear the trans dipstick is a PITA to read, any tips? Will running it to warm it up with low fluid damage anything? It didn't lose much (maybe a third of a cup) during the install but I imagine the lines and the cooler will take up a fair amount of fluid.

Also you can check some of the top of the tank just by pulling the access hatch under the rear carpet.

He said he pulled the access cover so I think that's what he meant.