What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

go electric

Boogie-woogie-woogie!

Cleaned out some of the scaliness inside my reciver hitch so I can actually fit one of my trailer recovers in it.

72E2A393-08EF-4D39-BADB-989C00D05C3C-123

Now WhiteOwl can actually hook up to the boat (even if most the time it won't be be hauling it around)

• Like 1

When you care enough to paint the retaining pin but you don't care enough to take it out first :lol:

I replaced the struts for my rear window. The old ones wouldn't hold the window even slightly open. The new ones, to my surprise, actually lift the hatch all the way up, entirely on their own, when I hit the button, which was not something I was aware they could do. This makes me glad I relocated the fogs away from the hatch popper!

Speaking of which, guess who has a remotely activated spoiler now. :wiggle:

• Like 1

changed out all the locks on the 88, now the key doesnt fall out of the ign. on wasboard trails, replaced the rear hatch rods on the 94 now I dont have to prop it up when its cold

Installed my B&M tranny cooler & my "Missing Link" cross bar, then stood there for about 35 mins debating where to put the second battery in my new dual battery set up. Still couldn't decide.

Oh, & I removed my fog lights.

Edited by theexbrit

Sunday I re installed my front diff. Wow the guy is heavy.

After a very dry season, we have heavy rain and mosquitos by the billion. Imagine being on your back fighting with the diff and these little vampires eating you alive.

Life in the tropics. :laugh: .

Philippe.

• Like 1

Installed my B&M tranny cooler & my "Missing Link" cross bar, then stood there for about 35 mins debating where to put the second battery in my new dual battery set up. Still couldn't decide.

Oh, & I removed my fog lights.

Where are you planning on installing the second battery? (I'm assuming this = 35 mins of debating?)

When you care enough to paint the retaining pin but you don't care enough to take it out first :lol:

I actually did take it out, but I had to put it in to paint where my hand was. Hence the overspray :lol: I'll touch it up later!

I actually did take it out, but I had to put it in to paint where my hand was. Hence the overspray :lol: I'll touch it up later!

Unh-uh .. I'm with Slarti on this one. The ole' rule is ..

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin.

Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.

Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.

Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.

Five is right out.

Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

*edit .. voluntary removal of blood eating rabbit from the quoted movie .. this ain't Po-ho!

Edited by devonianwalk
  • Like 2

Where are you planning on installing the second battery? (I'm assuming this = 35 mins of debating?)

I'm trying to get it under the hood as I'm too lazy to run a 4gauge wire to the back of the car :laugh: Apparently, you can fit 2 side by side if you turn them 90 degrees. I need to make new tray first though. If I had my snorkel finished I'd probably put the second battery where the old air filter box was.

90seven said "No pics, didn't happen", so here's a couple of pics of my latest "mods"...........

B&M cooler with oem tranny cooler

2013-04-20114446_zps8d87696b.jpg

Installed, through the grill, fog light removed

2013-04-22100249_zps5f24865e.jpg

Missing Link bar installed

2013-04-22100324_zpsff3a590c.jpg

I actually prefer the look without the fog lights, makes it less "mall cruzer" I think. I just did the fog light mod so that I can switch them on any time, with or without headlights, so when I get my bumper I'll use the circuit for some other front lights. I also have a couple of other lights that I'm going to install on the front somewhere, shine them out to the sides of the front, it's a barstaaard trying to see what's there when making a turn in pitch black desert nights, the headlights don't shine out to the sides nearly enough.

• Like 1

After struggling to stay above 45 going up a mountain pass the other day, I picked up some seafoam spray. The hose system it comes with is pretty weak and I didn't put a whole lot in there... anyone else use the spray? Where'd you put it in? I shot some into the accordion pipe where a vac line hooked up but I was worried I'd muck up the MAF.

After struggling to stay above 45 going up a mountain pass the other day, I picked up some seafoam spray. The hose system it comes with is pretty weak and I didn't put a whole lot in there... anyone else use the spray? Where'd you put it in? I shot some into the accordion pipe where a vac line hooked up but I was worried I'd muck up the MAF.

Start the truck. Disconnect the vacuum for the brake booster. Or disconnect before hand. Just hold your thumb or plug it to start the truck.

Stick the hose into the can. Keep the RPMs at about 2k for half the can.

Or, in your case, spray about half the can in while keeping RPMs about 2k.

Shut off truck. Let sit for 10+ mins. Start truck; repeat. Let sit again. Reconnect any disconnected lines.

Start it up and hold RPMs ~2k for about 30secs. Let idle for about 2mins. Take it for a drive.

Someone to help you keep the RPMs up is very helpful. Also, ONLY DO THIS IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA.

Be ready, warn neighbors, etc. Might create enough smoke to get the Fire Department called on you. (Has happened to me several times.)

• Like 1

I'm trying to get it under the hood as I'm too lazy to run a 4gauge wire to the back of the car :laugh: Apparently, you can fit 2 side by side if you turn them 90 degrees. I need to make new tray first though. If I had my snorkel finished I'd probably put the second battery where the old air filter box was.

90seven said "No pics, didn't happen", so here's a couple of pics of my latest "mods"...........

B&M cooler with oem tranny cooler

Snip

Wow! Your truck came factory with a tranny cooler? Never knew these had that option?!?

Pretty much same cooler I have. Except mine is a Hayden. With the amount of room available, and where you wheel with the heat. Why not try cleaning up the old one and running with the new cooler in series?

Into the new cooler, out the the stock then back to the transmission? For a little bit of extra cooling capacity?

Wow! Your truck came factory with a tranny cooler? Never knew these had that option?!?

Pretty much same cooler I have. Except mine is a Hayden. With the amount of room available, and where you wheel with the heat. Why not try cleaning up the old one and running with the new cooler in series?

Into the new cooler, out the the stock then back to the transmission? For a little bit of extra cooling capacity?

I think the SE's &/or models with a tow package as Tungsten said, are fitted with tranny oil cooler (it's in "section 310" of my dealer workshop manual). The diagram looks exactly the same as my cooler......

cooler_zps5f50430e.jpg

I thought about using both coolers but I think the B&M will be more than sufficient on it's own, I never had any overheating tranny fluid problems I'm just making sure I don't get any. I'm keeping my old one though, just in case :D

Went to pickapart with my lady today and she bought her vg33e for the swap in her 93 Path SE(99 pathfinder se donor) with low km. 187$ out the door with a 25$ core charge so 162$ after tax! Going to go pull it tomorrow. :D We will both be rocking a 93 WD21 with a R50 VG33E swap lol.

• Like 1

Thanks Rebelord, I'll give that a whack.

I learned two things today. One is that Rockauto's $3 Pathfinder door handle is in fact an 80s Sentra handle, which to be fair looks exactly like a Pathy handle. The other was that the door handles from 80s Sentras do not in fact fit Pathfinders.

:headwall:

But where there's a redneck there's a way, and it turns out the Pathy mount place will accept a Sentra handle with a little modification, as will the linkage, and I now have a functional door handle again. No more climbing in through the back! :dance: Looks dead stock too.

• Like 2

I learned two things today. One is that Rockauto's $3 Pathfinder door handle is in fact an 80s Sentra handle

I've had so many issues with Rock Auto lately, they probably just sent the wrong part. If I need the correct part right now for a weekend fix, I don't order from them anymore. If its something I plan on doing in the near future and have time to send the part back if its broke/not the correct part/used (yea, I was sent used inner TRE's) then I take a stab with them.