Door seals

TooQForYou

Has anyone done anything to improve their door seals to prevent mud/water from entering while wheelin? So far mine have done a good job but I was just wondering if there was anything that could be done to improve the seals.

lol...

I make sure the sills, and the rubber weather stripping is clean, so it has a better chance to 'seal'.

That said, I have had a tiny bit of water in the truck 2 times, once in a pretty long, and deep water crossing. And another time I got stuck in a muckhole for at least 20 mins or so. Limiting your time in the drink will lessen the chance of water/mud getting in.

I know what you are talking about my weather striping does the same thing. It generally gets pulled away from the corners I find that the extra you need to make it stay on has usually gotten pushed under the step guard at the bottom of the door opening.

i had that problem, til a week ago. i noticed that they are lined with metal framing. you can pull them off, and squeeze the channel tighter, and then push it back on. i did it with all 4, and they haven't budged since. they also look better inside, no more wavy linings.

Ya just these last couple days with it getting Very Hot inside during day and down in the low 40's at night I noticed and both of my rear doors the seal keep coming off so I finally decided to break out the epoxy and solve the problem for now

Seems to be a general R50 problem mine has the same problem on the back corners of the doors , I kept pushing them until I gave up and now I occasionally put them back when my daughter complains

Though before entering the window, you have to slide across the hood :tongue:

LMFAO..." I dont care WHO you R....DAT DER WAS FUNNY!!!!"

My rear seals are fine...just my driver side at the bottm of door...noticed some rust in edge of cab..upon further inspection most of the "tabs" holding the seal on the door had been torn away...obvioulsy not sealing too well anymore.

Tye

Good thread. I had forgotten I had had this problem as it hasn't happened in a while. But I too had the problem ...and prob still do...with rear driver side door...the molding would come loose in the rear "corner" at about the height where the top of the seat is. It's been ok for a long time now though.