2wd + 4wd fenders

terranoman

I'll have to believe you, I don't have any 2wds to compare to. Ok, Factorynissan parts differentiates between 2wd and 4wd fenders for the D21 (1995) but does not for the WD21 (1995). This means that all Pathy fenders are the same (thats what I thought)? So what D21 fenders are interchangable with the the WD21, the 4wd items only??

Just trying to get a definitive answer...

B

The 2wd D21 fender will bolt up, but the wheel bulge won't match the rear bulge on the WD21. The 4wd/WD21 fender swap is pretty common among the low-rider crowd since you can tuck the big wheels in there a little easier.

The 2wd D21 fender will bolt up, but the wheel bulge won't match the rear bulge on the WD21. The 4wd/WD21 fender swap is pretty common among the low-rider crowd since you can tuck the big wheels in there a little easier.

Thanks, I get it now. I was only 1/2 right. The Pathys have 1 fender, the HBs have two, the difference is in the bulge. The 4wd HB bulges the same as the Pathy and the 2wd is insecure...

B

None of the parts suppliers differentiate between 2 and 4wd when selecting fenders so I suspect you have 'more bulge' on the brain... :tongue:

B

LMAO

Yes there is a difference, those bulges come in different sizes. You can get an aftermarket fiberglass one that is even bigger than the 4x4 one.

Oh man...

And yea, I agree, I parked next to a 2wd and the flares are clearly different...shoulda took a picture, but at the time this thread didnt exist!

Here is my '97 D21. There is hardly any bulge in the fenders or the bed.

The 4wd HB bulges the same as the Pathy and the 2wd is insecure...

By that logic my gutless 2wd D21 should have massive fenders :D

IMG_1829.jpg

My buddy that I bought my 94 from had 2wd fenders on it before I bought the truck. He has 2 low riders and was going to use the fenders from the 94 pathfinder on one of his 2wd's, the first pic shows the PF with a 2wd fender on it, second has the stock 4wd fender:

click on the pics to getter a better view of each

33pdlrn.jpg

30aymg6.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

Your original post: "hi guys what is the differance between 2wd + 4wd front fenders?? "

My opinion is: "I can't see a difference, can you see a difference?"

Your original post: "hi guys what is the differance between 2wd + 4wd front fenders?? "

My opinion is: "I can't see a difference, can you see a difference?"

if you can't see the difference better go invest in an eye test !! LOL

If you are looking at replacing fenders, remember also that the right side fender for a vehicle with power antenna is different than one with non-power antennea. One has a square hole, one has a round hole. Many people forget and many sellers dont know.

• 3 weeks later...