Jackson Autosport's R50 Missing Link

tekazgtr1984

Been about 2 weeks, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

I checked the tracking information they gave me and mine is coming in tomrorow. Takes about 2 weeks since it's coming from Canada. Call them up and get a tracking number.

Thinking of ordering one of these. Anyone else who's installed one notice much difference?

Definitely a difference. Steering feels less mushy, improved rigidity, especially on crappy roads. The truck just feels better. Nissan should have run a bar like this from the factory.

Hi gang It has been a while since I have posted here.

I made up and fitted a brace nearly exactly the same as this around 4 years ago. I used it to mount the rear end of the one piece bash plate I fabricated. It worked well and caused no problems.

The only problem with their design is it doesnt look crash safe and will significantly reduce the movement of the engine downwards away from the passenger compartment in a crash.

To over come this problem I hole sawed two large holes at either end in the top of the box section. My theory was these top holes become shear points if the engine is pushed downwards but would not significantly reduce structural strength for upward impacts on the bash plate.

Geoff

OK it's on!! and wow. Big difference in torsion and stiffness. You can feel the tightness when making turns and driving over speed bumps. What a ride. For $50 bucks, it's an upgrade you can really feel. Guys, I totally recommend this upgrade for the price.

i was thinkin...y not get sometone to make that up for me (dont have the means myself)...but really...can someone make it for less money...not for a retail price...i doubt it! Unless you have friends tht have metal shops eh????

I think ill look into it, even tho after replacing my TOTAL suspension and links...i couldnt imagine it handling better of stiffer!!!!!

Tye

P.S. just looked...thats my "69th" post...closer to 100. tee hee

Edited by ty01pathfinder

a bit of a side note...sort of related....can i remove/detach the stabilzer/antisway bar without consequence when i go off roading????

And what about the Pan Hard Rod...i lost 1-1.5 " of lift when i had to reconnect that thing...still dont have a longer one or a drop down bracket!!

Tye

removing the sway bar will actually help you off road because u will get more articulation (flex) and keep your wheels on the ground. only down side is the body roll when takin turns or on freeway exits

the pan hard bar must stay connected! it serves as an extra link bar to keep your axle centered while it goes through its motions so i would recommend you get or make a bracket ASAP!!!

you can still drive without it but i would NOT recommend it!

Edited by pathblazin420

OK it's on!! and wow. Big difference in torsion and stiffness. You can feel the tightness when making turns and driving over speed bumps. What a ride. For $50 bucks, it's an upgrade you can really feel. Guys, I totally recommend this upgrade for the price.

Good stuff. :aok:

are you guys BS'ing i thought this was a big joke

Uh, no. I'm quite serious about my rig, thanks. ;)

I thought it was a joke too Adam. I have no anti-sway bars (front or rear) so I might try this out just for a bit easier ride.

Trust me, Boston. It's $40 well-spent. Especially in your case, with no front stabilizer. :aok:

How about off-road performance ? has anyone tried to go off road with the bar on ?

Yes, I took my rig in some rough stuff on the way home from work the other night. Noticeably more controlled feel, especially over uneven terrain.

And for the record, I made this thread because of the bang-for-your-buck this piece of hardware offers. I think this knowledge should be shared because locally, there isn't much of a Pathfinder enthusiast base.

It's all about the love, people. The Pathy love... :lol:

Good stuff. :aok:

Uh, no. I'm quite serious about my rig, thanks. ;)

Trust me, Boston. It's $40 well-spent. Especially in your case, with no front stabilizer. :aok:

Yes, I took my rig in some rough stuff on the way home from work the other night. Noticeably more controlled feel, especially over uneven terrain.

And for the record, I made this thread because of the bang-for-your-buck this piece of hardware offers. I think this knowledge should be shared because locally, there isn't much of a Pathfinder enthusiast base.

It's all about the love, people. The Pathy love... :lol:

sure does sound like a well spent 40 bones!!!!

Tye

gunna look into it fer sur

the 89-95 toyota crowd have been using similar IFS trusses for a while. Sonoran steel and several other companies make them for 4runners. I'm glad to see someone start producing similar products for the R50s. Mine will see this upgrade soon. (just got to finish a tire carrier first)

the 89-95 toyota crowd have been using similar IFS trusses for a while. Sonoran steel and several other companies make them for 4runners. I'm glad to see someone start producing similar products for the R50s. Mine will see this upgrade soon. (just got to finish a tire carrier first)

Hey I noticed your in the SAE mini baja. I competed in that competition several years ago. Oddly enough I was the suspension and drive train designer which it appears your also tackling. Great fun!

so looks like i might be making a couple of these for some fellow forum members. im not 100% set on the price yet but it will be much cheaper then Jackson Autosports ( you have to cover shipping though) . just have to see how much all the material will run me

so if anyone else is interested let me know so i can buy some material in bulk and make them all at once

if your in the Souther California area i could prolly local drop off or you guys can pick em up

• Like 1

Hey I noticed your in the SAE mini baja. I competed in that competition several years ago. Oddly enough I was the suspension and drive train designer which it appears your also tackling. Great fun!

Cool, yeah I'm the captain of Auburn University's Baja team this year, and redesigning a double wishbone suspension with a roll induced rear steer setup. If any of ya'll are in Louisville KY, we'll be racing there September 25th, and ya'll might enjoy the races in the spring. (Kansas, Illinois, and Alabama this year)

While I'd like to support the people building for the R50s, if any of ya'll are near Chattanooga TN or Auburn AL, I'll help ya make one of these supports when I make mine.

so looks like i might be making a couple of these for some fellow forum members. im not 100% set on the price yet but it will be much cheaper then Jackson Autosports ( you have to cover shipping though) . just have to see how much all the material will run me

so if anyone else is interested let me know so i can buy some material in bulk and make them all at once

if your in the Souther California area i could prolly local drop off or you guys can pick em up

Thats cool...w/ shipping and all...it might b cheaper for me to get it here in Canada..im in Ontario. I thought bout asking the local fab shop to get some work done. Bet they ae BIG $$$$ tho eh???

tye