Jackson Autosport's R50 Missing Link

tekazgtr1984

so looks like i might be making a couple of these for some fellow forum members. im not 100% set on the price yet but it will be much cheaper then Jackson Autosports ( you have to cover shipping though) . just have to see how much all the material will run me

so if anyone else is interested let me know so i can buy some material in bulk and make them all at once

if your in the Souther California area i could prolly local drop off or you guys can pick em up

PM sent

Thats cool...w/ shipping and all...it might b cheaper for me to get it here in Canada..im in Ontario. I thought bout asking the local fab shop to get some work done. Bet they ae BIG $$ tho eh???

tye

Support the Canadians yo! :aok:

so looks like i might be making a couple of these for some fellow forum members. im not 100% set on the price yet but it will be much cheaper then Jackson Autosports ( you have to cover shipping though) . just have to see how much all the material will run me

so if anyone else is interested let me know so i can buy some material in bulk and make them all at once

if your in the Souther California area i could prolly local drop off or you guys can pick em up

pm sent

• Like 1

Well guys, Since it was labor day weekend and I wasn't going to be doing anything I decided to go out and make one so here is my write up....

P9060323.jpg

passenger side lower a arm mount with bolt out, 1-1/2" inch square tubing is the biggest that will fit

P9060324.jpg

bolts out on both sides

P9060325.jpg

I reused the bolts (long enough.

P9060326.jpg

P9060328.jpg

1-1/2" square tubing at 23-3/4" is what I used. I decided to just cut the tubing at angle instead of welding two mounts to attach it, which increase's strength

P9060329.jpg

P9060330.jpg

Drilling 9/16" mounting hole

P9060338.jpg

P9060337.jpg

test fit of the cross-member, upon tightening I noticed I couldn't fit the socket in

P9060333.jpg

P9060334.jpg

Milling out a small amount of material to clear the socket, as so in the picture below

P9060335.jpg

I then remounted the crossmember to make sure it still fit and tightened fully and went for test drive. I did notice right off the back that body roll was reduced

P9060339.jpg

P9060340.jpg

I then removed and spray painted primer base and gloss black coating on for rust protection

I'm in. I will send you a PM.

Got my link and installed it this weekend, I notice a marginal difference in handling and stiffness, nothing too extreme though. All in all I think it was $50 well worth it. Especially, in sport of a shop that is actually producing a part for the r50.

Got my link and installed it this weekend, I notice a marginal difference in handling and stiffness, nothing too extreme though. All in all I think it was $50 well worth it. Especially, in sport of a shop that is actually producing a part for the r50.

THAT is one of the best comments ive heard latley!!!! Nevermind supporting the local guy here or there or wherever...how about supporting "ANYONE" especially commercially tht makes parts for our poor little R50's. Im ordering mine as soon as i can find the $!!!!!

Tye

Edited by ty01pathfinder

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

We're pleased to see our missing link being copied - we knew it would be!

The one pictured above is a design we tried and rejected. It'll work fine, we just wanted to weld the tube completely shut so that it wouldn't fill up with mud, wet snow and, in our location, road salt. The distance between the mounting holes varies, both from production tolerances and even the most minor collision will tweak the unibody, so we made our holes slotted to allow for this. We didn't want anyone calling back and saying the bar didn't fit.

Our design also has the advantage that it can be installed with a thicker wall impact socket or even a crescent wrench (not recommended !)

Whichever one you buy or build yourself, one thing is for sure - it will improve your truck.

John Jackson

Jackson AutoSport

Winnipeg Canada

• Like 3

I'd like to thank you again, John. This has been hands-down the best bang-for-buck improvement product I've purchased for my rig. And it's always nice to see local shops making custom schwag for the R50. I think it's high time you get one; Winnipeg doesn't have many modded Pathfinders. :(

Mass-produced SFD's would be awesome but I think vehicle inspection agencies would have a field day with that. Regardless, I can't wait to install mine! :jig:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

Finally emailed an order in...if I hadn't been so busy at work I too could be giving my thought on this already.

Jacksons post makes tons of sense...I know my path has been hit before, as well if you can remember GopathGo had twisted up his rig pretty good...that would make the copied bar tough to fit...though I really like the one pice design and it could be filled with spray foam!

MAXEDPath---I would consider the spray foam to fill it up...many people use this stuff to stiffen hollow body parts also, an all around super product...the spray foam and your bar!

Installed mine today, did not notice any difference on my local roads, but on the highway where it gets pretty choppy I was not getting as much side to side motion or shuddering, so for me it was well worth the money...

BTW: you need a 22mm socket for the bolts your removing, and on my 01 with 117k they were pretty much a pain in the ass to get out, so expect a good workout even with a breaker bar.

Those bolts can be epic buggers, especially for those of us residing in the good 'ol rust belt... :rolleyes:

I sprayed mine with penetrating fluid, waited 15 minutes and had at 'em with a breaker bar. Worked like a charm. But I'm sure an air ratchet or impact gun would make quick work of that rust, too. :happy: