Problems with Trans.

WyKi

Well... Title says it..Please help me out on this one guys.

I was driving down the road normally with out hard acceleration, or anything and all of a sudden the trans. went to neutral. I was like :wtf: ... :scratchhead: So I pulled over and accelerated and nothing. put it in parking, shifted down to reverse and nothing, down to drive,2,1 and nothing the PF accelerates but doesn't move neither forward or back in any gear. Please help me figure this one out as it's my daily driver and I have nothing else to move on at the moment. :shrug: I got under the PF to see if the shift linkage has gotten loose or something and nothing.. I told my girlfriend to shift it from "P" to all the other gears and everything seems to be working fine, The PF has never given any other signs of trans. problems. It has Trans. Fluid and it's clean/full. I haven't changed/bypassed the oil cooler, think that has to do something with it? prob. clogged up? Hope to hear/read form you guys soon.

Edited by WyKi

Wow. It isn't necessarily the stock tranny cooler because most people report symptoms like missing gears first, although it may be. :shrug:

I don't know the auto trannys well but go to the Garage section and download the Factory Service Manual pinned towards the top. There is an entire diagnostic section that must cover things like 'does nothing at all'.

B

Links are broken or something.. errors come out..

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at rapidshare.co...dfnsnpath95.rar.

I am no auto tranny expert at all.

However I have run into something similar with TH-350 trannys. Nothing at all suddenly from having everything working right usually signifies a loss of pressure somewhere. I am unsure if our trannys have valve bodies similar to a TH tranny, however.. When one of the TH trannys "burned" up its valve body gasket, pressures would go flying all over the place and you'd go no where fast.. Generally happened from "generous power braking"..

Any input on this from someone who's taken theirs apart?

Wouldn't a dead tourque converter cause something like this?

Yes, the same happened to a member in Canada ayear or two ago. Went from fine to nothing, but he really should run the diagnostics to be sure.

I got under the PF to see if the shift linkage has gotten loose or something and nothing

I think he would have seen a major leak...

B

So I did another code check on the POWER light, and at first it just kept on flashing like crazy....and it didnt stop. so I did the procedure again and now it keeps one paused flash then 10 quick ones. And did another one on the ECU and got only one code 55. Any idea? as now my truck is in no movement whatsoever...

good idea.. I thought of that also.. :scratchhead: but yea if that happened it wouldn't turn on thanks tho

Would a messed up transmission computer do this? Cuz I just saw one on ebay for 90 bucks, but its for the 4x4 one.. will it work on mine? *not 4x4*

• 3 weeks later...

****UPDATE*************with video

well guys took the tranny down and took a look at some mechanical stuff, and well the torque converter was f'ed up..

opened up the oil pan of the trans and everything looked good nothing messed up. so changed the oil filter and the torque converter. Re installed the tranny, but when i went to turn it on it didnt start. Now i did notice something different, when i lasted turned it off. it was in parking on both the trans. floor shifter and on the dash. Now when i went to turn it on the floor shifter was still on parking BUT the dash said it was on "2", So I imagine that thats why it didnt want to turn on. any way to fix this up to see if the truck will finally drive? thanks.

Edited by WyKi

inhibitor switch? also with the key off the switch, I could move down from parking to any other gear without pressing brake. :scratchhead: funny didnt do that before...

Sounds like when the shifter linkage was hooked back up, it was done wrong. unbolt the shift linkage, and push it all the way forward on the transmission, and rebolt the linkage.

Thanks Silverton.. re checked that and it was hooked up right. BUT i decided to take the inhibitor switch apart.. could hold myself anymore.. and well to my surprise it was broken inside., so that's why it didnt move from "2".. now to see where could i get one :scratchhead:

• 2 weeks later...

BACK ON THE ROAD GUYS... it was the power converter after all, then the neutral safety switch :aok: Thanks for the heads up on where to look.

thank you for sharing your videos and updates!

No Problem just trying to show you guys what i was passing thru.. so if it happens to any of you to know where to look aswell..

big job man especially on your back congrats and very rare for this to happen to a Nissan

thanks. on my back? :tongue: why is it very rare?

Edited by WyKi