still have noise under truck pass. side

ahardb0dy

Still getting this noise, thought it was the floor flexing under the pass. seat but the floor is solid, seat is tight to the floor, seat itself is tight (back to bottom), there is nothing under the truck on the pass. side that could be hitting the floor, checked the rear trailing arms as well as the strut bar no play in anything, I'm stumped and this noise is making me nuts, any other ideas on what to look at?? Thanks All

rear discs, today I pulled the pass. rear tire and checked all the links,sway bar end links and the rotor and caliper, even checked the body mounts, everything looks good and tight, no idea where this noise is coming from. Sounds like a clunking noise. Did not pull the rotor to check the e-brake

check the front crossmember bolts, they are four (2 + 2) they often become loose. They are right there in the front.

Also (and this can sound stupid) check the tire nuts, the pathy's have very short wheel studs and the tire bolts can get loose very easy (One of my tires came of while I was driving.. NOT cool)

I'll check the cross member bolts tomorrow lugs should be tight will check them as well, noise is not a click, click, click type of noise hard to describe sounds like something is hitting the floor from underneath

• 3 weeks later...

this noise is happening more frequently, drove the pathfinder to work Thursday and Friday and noise is starting to drive me crazy!! Don't hear it at all while driving only when going really slow.

Today went back under the truck to check the tranny mount as my buddy says it sounds like it's coming directly under the middle of the truck, I think the rear mount that bolts to the cross member and trans is shot, looks like the rubber is broken, going to pry up on it with a pry bar tomorrow and put a thick piece of rubber that I have in between to see if the noise goes away, will post results

I had something like that happen to me. As it turned out the tailpipe was separating from the muffler. Why the sound happened at slow speeds is beyond me!

took the truck for a slow ride today where I live, not slowing for the speed bumps and didn't hear the noise at all. I think the 2 bolt heads on the rear trans mount where it attaches to the crossmember were hitting the top half of the mount causing the noise, as I said I inserted a piece of rubber between the 2 halves of the mount as a test, will pickup a new trans mount soon. thanks all for the help in trying to figure this out !!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's this?

Technical Service Bulletins

Date: 02/15/2000

Component Name: 020000 SUSPENSION

NHTSA #: NTB99074

SUMMARY: SOME VEHICLES BUILT BEFORE JN8AR07S4XW350146 AND EQUIPPED WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MAY EXHIBIT A CLUNK NOISE FROM THE REAR END OF THE VEHICLE WHEN STOPPING. *TT

You got a body lift from AC? My seat felt like it was popping when my weight would shift over a bump or hill. The drive shaft loop extensions made it so the loop was kind of in a neutral position, if you will, it wasn't resting firmly against the frame mount. Jabbed an old tire iron in there...good to go! Figured it would come in handy if for some reason I get knocked on my ass having to defend myself I can grab that iron and come out from under my pathy like Chuck Norris and wop a dude.