Crazy Xterra on CL

muddfildvaynes

looks like @!*% to me

x2

Is that a ford grille that was cut to fit?

Definitely a ford f series grille up in there..

Not to mention the pool of fluids underneath it :thumbsdown:

But, if I had a 2001 X I was looking to build up, 3k for a parts truck and working goodies might be worth it !

For parts maybe, but it looks all mashed up and who says whoever did the SAS did a good job?

B

As long as the axel internals are good, it would be simple to fix if the springs are hung, or mounted poorly.

Hard stuff is done... some fixin of some rigged/broken crap if necessary, no worries about scratchin it. Being ragged lookin don't make it a POS, gotta agree with GG, as long as the vitals are good... welders are at hand for a reason.

I emailed the guy pretending to be interested. He said he doens't know if the tbelt was changed, and that it was the PO that put the ford grille in and did the sas.

That's a good deal for anyone who knows what's on it is. It might not look like a good package as a whole, but there are a ton of good parts on that.

it looks all mashed up

You say that like it's a bad thing?! :ohno01:

As others have said, that's a deal for the parts involved. It could end up a nightmare or it could be a well-built rig and the guy doesn't know what he has. He bought it pre-built. Maybe he got a deal on it, smashed it up a bit, and figures it's not worth much? To most people running down to Safeway for some groceries it's not worth much. What percentage of the buyers out there (or guys driving trucks like that one) are actually wheelers?

Yeah, I do. Scars is one thing, but when it looks like it was dropped on it's side from 10' feet up by a crane, I wonder what else was damaged. :crazy:

B

Yeah, but body damage is skin deep, if the drive train isn't screwed, it it well worth that $$$.

a 1 ton ford front end is worth 12-1500 bucks alone. if its a 1 ton front end.. it IS from a ford cause they are the only ones with the drivers side drop.

the rear end is worth no more than 500.

mind you, these are all FACTORY. if it has gears, which it must or it woldn't move with the 3.73 gears, it would be worth more.

If it has say,4.56 gears or so, and lockers and 1 ton axles.. 3k just for axles is a good price..