Boot

The one inside the cabin, ot one of the small ones on the linkage under?

Linkage boots... dealer

Shift boot inside the truck, post in the parts wanted section here on the forum, hit a wrecking yard or the dealer.

If it is the one under the decorative leatherish one I would head straight to the dealer. They're only like 30 dollars. It's called an insulator there though so watch out I got the wrong part the first time.

I have yet to find the rubber one in any condition other than crappy at any of the local junkyards, and I'm still looking !!, I did find the top leather one but it came out of a pickup and it is different than the pathfinder one.

Ahhh...that's why the leather one is so flimsy! Yeah underneath it is nothing except linkage and road.

there's supposed to be a flat(ish) rubber one under that. its molded to the shape of the shifter base and has frills for the t-case shifter to slide thru. I was told there is one left in the country and they wanted 160 for it lol. so I cut my own out of 1/2" hard foam

I've seen that type in the junkyard, it has a straight slot with little frills like you said, the other type I've seen and had on my 87 Hardbody had a round hole that fit around the shifter, with the 3" body lift the second type would pull the shifter out of 4 low sometimes guess that is why we have to mod the shift lever, don't see any problems occurring with the first type

what r u talking about? locking it in? It may have been from the body lift not allowing the shifter to move back as far as it was supposed to, it's been so long I'm not 100% sure of the particulars, I know we had to heat up the lever and bend it slightly.

Once you shift it into 4L, PULL the handle, it moves and locks the transfer case into gear :aok:

This is something that I did not know about for the longest time :shrug: The first time I did it, it felt stuck, but then poped and moved. Now it's simple to do... kinda tells me that it had not been "locked in" in a very long time.

The 4L problem is a common and well known side effect of a BL thumbsdown_anim.gif

I've seen that type in the junkyard, it has a straight slot with little frills like you said, the other type I've seen and had on my 87 Hardbody had a round hole that fit around the shifter, with the 3" body lift the second type would pull the shifter out of 4 low sometimes guess that is why we have to mod the shift lever, don't see any problems occurring with the first type

the slit on the first type has to be extended a little. also using a Hardbody shifter helps too since the lower part of the top half is differant(the millde piece lol.th_HBkicksFWD.jpgth_HBtaller.jpg

Ok, I'll have to try the 4 low thing, I've only had it in 4wd so far to see if it was working. I knew the shifters were different I was looking for a hardbody shifter last week at the junkyard for someone on here but all the hardbody's were 2wd

Once you shift it into 4L, PULL the handle, it moves and locks the transfer case into gear :aok:

This is something that I did not know about for the longest time :shrug: The first time I did it, it felt stuck, but then poped and moved. Now it's simple to do... kinda tells me that it had not been "locked in" in a very long time.

The 4L problem is a common and well known side effect of a BL thumbsdown_anim.gif

:scratchhead: So in addition to it "popping up" after N you pull it up even further?

As for the floor boot, yeah, mine is shot and I have never seen one in a wreck that was good. I went Red Green on mine and just covered the space with duck tape :shrug: the leather upper boot covers it.

the leather boot I got from the junkyard had to come out of a 2 door pathfinder as I know there were no 4wd hardbody's there, it fits the console pretty good and the snaps line up but about 2" of the front is wide open, looks better than the one I had that was all torn up.

As for the floor boot, yeah, mine is shot and I have never seen one in a wreck that was good. I went Red Green on mine and just covered the space with duck tape :shrug: the leather upper boot covers it.

Hmmm.....Duct tape. Yet another use, and the silver color will make it look so custom! HAHA!

My TC shifter pops up automagically when I put it into 4lo. I pushed on it pretty hard today to go back into neutral while I was messing with it today. I had to push it down to get it back into N and then 4hi

I have the part number for the boot somewhere I will post it when I find it. It is not an expensive part at nissan and is well worth it because it makes it a lot quieter inside!

Yeah I did the 4 low lock in today. And your right that's pretty cool! We got alot of dry and wet gravel banks down here to 4 wheel on and they can bounce you around pretty good. Nice to know that will stay locked in! Yeah I need that boot bad! Cruising at 70 today you can watch the boot fill up with air....looks like a leather ballon!