Painting the Pathy

brix542

Hey I'm planning on painting my pathy in the comming weeks. I've got 2 colors picked out. I'm going to be taking the fender flares off and painting it like that. I do not plan to put the flares back on. I've seen both color in person and like both just cant decide which one to put on the pathy. Any ideas? Thanks.

Dark Blue

100_0572a.jpg

Light Blue

0112or_01zoomFord_BroncoFront_Drive.jpg

What are your plans to use the truck for? That dark blue on the mustang while it sure is purty ain't nearly gonna take the abuse o the blue on the bronco. Looks lie you could do a quick touch up with a can of spray paint on the lighter one while a shiny coat of wax will make th dark one look awsome next to a quad cab ram with chrome ventshades and color matched 24" wheels and thornbirds...

Its going to be my dd once I turn 16. So mainly to school, work, round the farm, and going mudding/trail ridding whenever I feel like. I'l probally go with light blue seeing as it be easier to fix scartches I know will happen when I'm working on the farm. And if it matter I'l probally be running 31x11.50s or 32x12.50s with white letter facing out. Thanks.

Edited by brix542

the matte color will likely cost much less and will not reveal dents or scratches so easlilly when you get them.

The mustang is beautiful color. but $$$$ and every dent golf ball or larger will show like a sore thumb.

Dude, paint it WHITE. Scratches and dents won't show. Simply as that

Mine is dark blue / petrolium crappy like ... and every time I go offroading I get like 20 new scratches and dents.

Edited by Slashjt

Ya cash will play a major role in deciding. But me and grandad is doing it ourself so if paint is cheap anough might go with dark. Slash if you looked at my avatar you would see it already is white and dents do show with white. Thanks.

The white does hide alot man... and you can get touch up paint at any office supply store!

Seriously though, what the white shows compared to the dark blue... lets just say take your time and do the bodywork right.

I like the dark blue. It's kinda hard to believe my paint is 16 yrs old!

my 93 pathfinder was/is the same colour, i like it. it held up fairly nice even tho it i has 17 years of abuse. cant say the same for the frame

paint ur pathy like the desert runner!

1590819290_498ea224c8.jpg

Leaning towards the light if I can find it somewhere. Any Ideas? Desert runner- I've painted trucks before but not that good yet. Flat black is to common round here for my taste. Almost every '85-'95 lifted truck round here is flat black. Im up for any other colors if yall have any suggestions except white of any form or black. Thanks

I found the grabber blue on ebay for $100 + $20 shipping. That's 1 gallon of paint and 1 quart of reducer. Think that will be anough to cover it? I'm going to grab primer from a local store and have the stuff to sand it. Havn't decided if I'l put a clear coat over top of it. Not sure if it would be worth the extra $75-$100 for it. Thanks.

I found the grabber blue on ebay for $100 + $20 shipping. That's 1 gallon of paint and 1 quart of reducer. Think that will be anough to cover it? I'm going to grab primer from a local store and have the stuff to sand it. Havn't decided if I'l put a clear coat over top of it. Not sure if it would be worth the extra $75-$100 for it. Thanks.

you should put on a clear coat, it does more than make the paint shine. It protects the paint. Without it the paint wont last long at all. if you are going through the trouble of painting it with that blue, your gonna want it to last a long time. what you can do is look at using a matte/satin clear coat that is completely flat(no shine). if its metallic paint id go for the gloss clear coat.

and for the amount of paint, there is supposed to be a little formula: 7oz per panel per coat. id look into it.

I see you live in NC....now you decision is going to be based on whether you are a Duke fan or a UNC fan....Just kidding...i cant really stand either but I hate UNC the most...I like that darker blue...

Lol I hate Duke worse the UNC but I'l prob go to ECU or NCSU. I've found it cheaper on Summit so once I get a check I'm expecting in the next week I'm going to buy the paint and hopefully have it done before July 2. Thanks

• 1 month later...

What's you all's opinion on repainting a black Pathy another color? Only vehicles I've painted different colors were when we covered up all our vehicles with the AG-44 "Forest Green" and put them into green cammie and then the three different types of desert for humping the sand box over in Eye-Rack.

What's you all's opinion on repainting a black Pathy another color? Only vehicles I've painted different colors were when we covered up all our vehicles with the AG-44 "Forest Green" and put them into green cammie and then the three different types of desert for humping the sand box over in Eye-Rack.

It's your truck, honestly the only opinion that matters is yours! Pick a color YOU like, or if everyones opinion matters, pick a couple different shades you are undecided on and make a poll on em.