My Friend's Ratsun

Kingman

He wanted me to share with y'all because this is a Nissan forum... So here's his Nissan/Datsun/GMC/Ford/Jeep/Auto Parts Store Special. :D

It started out as a '77 Datsun 620, lowered 2WD. Then it was straight axled with a Dana 35 from a Jeep Cherokee with GMC 1-ton disk brakes, rancho springs, a Detroit locked Dana 44 rear end from I don't know what, 4.88 gears, Ford drivelines, motor and tranny out of an '88 Z-car, Jeep transfer case, 25 gallon Bronco fuel cell, old ass 8,000LB Warn winch, home made bumpers, and an UGLY ASS CANOPY that his old man likes. Anyone want a red canopy with 3 doors, 3 locks, and 3 different keys?? :lol: Yeehaw!

dadshouse026.jpg

055.jpg

dadshouse029.jpg

032.jpg

027.jpg

023.jpg

020.jpg

thing is, it may be, um, different and uglay, but she'll run til the earth ends! FartExplode-vi.gif

Ugly?! That thing is a little cream puff! :lol: It is ugly but she's a good ol' truck. Gonna get a camo skin kit for it, it's gonna be sweet!

As Nick would say "it goes over stumps like speed bumps." What a clown...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

:scratchhead: Paint? What for? It's just going to be driven into more trees...

I get to drive this little creampuff to Vancouver tomorrow from Carson (50 miles). Hopefully the oil pressure gauge line doesn't burst again and spray oil all over the cab again.

:scratchhead: Paint? What for? It's just going to be driven into more trees...

I get to drive this little creampuff to Vancouver tomorrow from Carson (50 miles). Hopefully the oil pressure gauge line doesn't burst again and spray oil all over the cab again.

time to get an electric oil pressure gauge, or something along those lines...

motor and tranny out of an '88 Z-car

So it's a VG30E? If that's the case can you get me some pics of the motor? Most importantly where the steering column/shaft goes past the motor to the steering box. Many people send me inquiries on VG converting 620s but I've never seen one. Just looking it seems the steering shaft to cylinder head/header clearance would be the tightest point. :shrug: