Caturday Is Everyday

Precise1

Keep the Danger pics coming! As for getting underfoot, be careful until you have him trained.

From my experience, training cats isn't as tough as it sounds - just takes a little persistance. We trained Persephone to fetch a rattly ball and to "sit and stay" waiting to be fed.

Yea, we've been doing good shop far, he's gotten a lot bigger since we first found him but because he it's growing, so is his need to go ranging, he's VERY adventurous so on one hand yay he's bigger and more mature, and then ahh, hey where's Danger? We don't know if he's going to be hiding out in the hoses hanging off the wall or at the top of huge stack of equipment, or some where outside..going to have to get a kitty GPS! I'll tell my co-worker new rule, check under the fork lift before moving.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Wow. . . just wow. I like the way the cat looks back, sees that the woman (mother, presumably) is coming to attend to the child, then takes off in hot pursuit of the dog.

Maybe that's the difference between cats and dogs? A dog would be satisfied with chasing off an attacker, while a cat takes the "assassin" approach. . . . ?

murderous_0b8ee3_1936936.jpg

Check out the video in this link of a cat saving a little kids butt from a dog attack .

Gotta be the worlds most badass house cat .

GO KITTY GO !!!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/pet-cat-saves-boy-from-attacking-dog--with-video--161925992.html

My wife showed that to me today. Good Kitty!! :aok:

If you watch closely, it doesn't do the normal pounce/claw/bite, it kicks off sideways with all feet knocking the dog away several feet. Then it spins around to get some more...

It is a nice rebuttal to the perceprtion that cats are aloof and uncaring, I've had and met many that were fiercely loyal.

B

Hey guys just thought I'd let you all know Danger is still kicking and doing fine. We've started locking him in the office when we're planning to do a lot of back and forth on the forklift. He likes to inflict pain via flaying the skin much like one certain Ramsay Snow. Pics.

20140509_161649_zpsxhzpoupa.jpg

20140509_162731_zps3kgc0m2c.jpg

20140521_104423_zpswvr0a2ue.jpg

Ha ! Lock him up in jail works !

Danger Kitty stays un-squashed and you guys get some POM , good deal....

Those kitten claws are sharp , but thankfully they don't go too deep .

My 14 year old cat came to me at 6 weeks old , freshly plucked from her semi-feral Mom .

She had never been handled and was a little ball of hissing spitting fury if you picked her up .

I would hold her and just go for it , my hands were bloody for a couple months...

She eventually settled down and actually became one of those cats that flops over for belly rubs .

She's a good cat , one of these days I'll post a pic .

• 2 weeks later...

You guys will be glad to hear that Danny built a cat door into one of our office doors between the shop and office for Danger to go through and it works great! Which is actually a double bonus because he inadvertently fixed a hole I'd punched in the bottom of that door with the forklift a while back, now it looks great and Danger can come and go as he pleases. We've found he appreciates using the cat box in the a/c as opposed to the one out in the shop.

He's also now got a collar with his name and all our numbers on it. So hopefully if anyone finds him, they'll call us...yea he's all sweet at first but then he starts attacking your hands and feet and wrapping himself around your arm and then he starts kicking with his back feet to really tear you apart! I'll try to get Danny to give me his video of when we were teaching Danger how to use the cat door. It's also got a lock on it for when we don't want him coming in the shop..so He's learned to test it before trying to go through it.

Sweet!! Thank you for looking out for Danger's safety, bro. Sometimes the best cats - people-interaction-wise - are the "dumbest" when it comes to protecting themselves. Finding a balance between trust and self-preservation is a dangerous lesson for them to learn.

Two new Danger vids. This freaking cat man...it's pretty unbelievable, it's stolen 3 grown mens hearts, the 3 of us that work in our shop. And we're all DOG guys. I've got a Maltese, Danny has a Rottie and a mutt and Adam has 2 PomPoms and a pure bread German German Shepherd from Heidleberg. We're all stupidly in love with this stray cat that somehow appeared in our yard. Now we have two cat boxes and a cat door and get attacked by this little monster while we're trying to work. Can't make this stuff up.

Cats can make awesome pets, and who can't appreciate watching a kitten play? I understand preferences or being indifferent to pet cats but never the 'I hate cats' mentality. :shrug:

It looks like Danger is happy and healthy, so good job you guys!

Next time you have the chance, get a few ping pong balls and leave them in the office. You'll get an indoor soccer show that would make Pele proud! You might have to fish them out from under the sofa occasionally though...

B

He looks like a "talker" , responding when spoken to .

My old buddy "Doink" was a big talker , he had a range of vocalization and we'd have conversations .

He was a cool cat !

RIP Doink....

Has Danger been (gasp !) neutered yet ?

It seems severe to some , but in a few months those hormones will trump everything .

He'll figure out that others of his kind are outside the fence and do his best to get out there .

My old buddy "Stupid" (yes I named him Stupid...) , I left him intact and wished I hadn't .

He became a classic alley cat , staying out for days , fighting , etc....

He'd come home and act like a perfect gentleman , but in the end Feline HIV got the best of him at 5 years old .

I cried like a little girl .

I love dogs and always carry a box of cookies for any I might meet along the way .

I'll have at least one when I retire , as of right now it wouldn't be good for the dog with my schedule .

To me and it's just my opinion , the dog people vs. cat people debate seems to be one based on dominance .

Dogs respond to the proper use of dominance by becoming a doting member of the pack , while cats respond to dominance with a "WTF do you think you are" attitude .

Cats being more solitary and secretive by nature , they seem to respond best to those who realize that they retain a good bit more of their wild instincts .

Edited by Beatup96

Doink and Stupid, I like it! My cat is named Poop, so same naming convention I think. :D

I like dogs as well, as with most animals. I've had dogs, cats, rabbits, parakeets, hamsters, lizards, a turtle and others I'm not thinking of.

This is the first time I've had a place suitable for a dog, but I don't like to pick up dog crap and I'm not ready for the needs attention most dogs want/need. Poop is a good fit for my wife and I for now...

I've often summed up the difference between dog and cat lovers as "Dog owners want a companion they can command and control, cat owners want a friend to hang out with."

When people say that cats are stupid because you can't train them, I simply say that in order to train a cat you have to be smarter than it, and then stare at them... :D

In all seriousness though, the big and interesting differences is that dogs were domesticated by man, bred and trained for various tasks where as cats more moved in on their own when man started agriculture. They formed a symbiotic relationship with man to deal with the rodents that were attracted by surplus foods/grains, and operated more on a neutral basis. They were not really bred for specific tasks (they do it well enough already), nor to be commanded. That said, anyone who has binded with a cat knows they listen to commands quite well.

With some of the 'new' breeds, I might buy my next cat, rather than wait to be adopted (again). An aquatic cat like the Bengal would be a lot of fun!

B

Danger has not been cut yet and yes we are going to have that done, maybe possibly Friday morning, he's going in for a check up and some shots and stuff. And he already doesn't need a reason to get outside the fence even though he's never seen any tail before. He already has a territory in the area around our shop, which is his Home. Yesterday he learned how to climb a 6 ft chainlink fence and then walked across the top of it. There's no way to keep him in unless we deliberately lock him in the office and then lock the Cat door before he can run through it.

Danger is one of the most entertaining, annoying, surprising, affectionate little creature I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. He goes from running around the shop or the office at 100 mph and looks like he's hopped up on Coke, to cuddling in your lap and either A. Biting and clawing the crap out your arms and hands, or B. chilling out and purring and using his paws to try and gently figure out what your face is made of. Ten minutes of sweetness can turn instantly back to him constantly gnawing on your hands and the more you throw him across the room to land on a couch, the more he comes right back at you and he loves it. Such a fun game for him...not his victim. Hey Precise I think Danger is a Charcoal Bengal too. I don't know what an aquatic cat is though. Do Bengals like the water?

Man, all your excitement about Danger is making me like my own cat, Booger, even more. I've posted about him in here before, but he's a big fat turd of an orange tabby that is the coolest cat I've ever had. He's the first male I've had, before it was always spayed females. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but he is very interesting.

His favorite game is fetch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8krwFDvuyM&sns=em

My wife and I shot this video when he was still a juvenile; I guess he was about 9 months old at the time. He is almost 5 now and much fatter, lol, so he's not nearly as excited to play as he used to, but it's still his favorite. Current fetching toy is a length of weedeater line. :shrug:

By the way, noticed it's your birthday today, gv280. Feliz cumpleaños, amigo.

Edited by linewar

That is a great video linewar! Time to start feeding him better/less food though, you don't want him to become a couch catato... ;)

Both of you, make sure to buy to quality food that has Taurine and doesn't have ash or other fillers. I didn't know this growing up and my first cat, Sandy, loved Chef's Blend cat food. Well, he was damn near blind when he was put down thanks to our ignorance...

Danger has not been cut yet and yes we are going to have that done, maybe possibly Friday morning, he's going in for a check up and some shots and stuff.

the more you throw him across the room to land on a couch, the more he comes right back at you and he loves it. Such a fun game for him...not his victim.

Yeah, get him snipped, the vet will know when it is appropriate. You don't need another 3-4 Dangers a few months from now, that wouldn't be cute anymore.

I get your game, and I love his crab walk attack but don't get him too used to that game; hopefully he will grow out of it. A kitten is one thing, but a full sized cat doing that with focus is another...

Tenderloin anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M9U9ll-vVk

Hey Precise I think Danger is a Charcoal Bengal too. I don't know what an aquatic cat is though. Do Bengals like the water?

I'm no expert on breeds, but before I said he looks like a mackerel tabby, yet now I see he has spots on his side, not stripes, so that leans more towards a wild cat mix. :shrug:

Cat: yes

Breed: Danger

Name: yes

:lol:

Aquatic just means they aren't afriad of water like most 'domesticated' cats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4YcV6VRgA

A lot of wild cats are very comfortable in water and that can carry through in hybrid breeding. Would you like a mini-jaguar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTnLgImuXQ

B

Hey those cats are cool man! Pretty neat and I think they do kinda look like Danger, they seem to have similar color patterns on their face and head with the mask and stripes over the top around the ears. Linewar really sweet cat Bro, beautiful. I am fully back in the fold now I think as being a cat person..I'm both actually I love dogs and cats. Thank you for the birthday wishes as well.

Ha ! Lock him up in jail works !

Danger Kitty stays un-squashed and you guys get some POM , good deal....

Those kitten claws are sharp , but thankfully they don't go too deep .

My 14 year old cat came to me at 6 weeks old , freshly plucked from her semi-feral Mom .

She had never been handled and was a little ball of hissing spitting fury if you picked her up .

I would hold her and just go for it , my hands were bloody for a couple months...

She eventually settled down and actually became one of those cats that flops over for belly rubs .

She's a good cat , one of these days I'll post a pic .

Best cat that ever owned me started the same way :aok:

She is long gone now (caught her in the late 80's) but never forgotten.

• 3 months later...

Mods this thread should be pinned so that New users could see it, it's a great thread and I'm not just saying that because of Danger.

However I do have a bit of a Danger update for you guys, though it's not what I'd been hoping for. Unfortunately, I somehow accidentally deleted a lot of my pics from my phone, which had a bunch of great Danger shots included. I do have some good ones though and you can see how much he's grown. And he has been snipped as well.

He's doing great by the way, he's pretty much asserted himself in our little 8 building community, when our shop is open, he is free to range and he goes and says hi to the neighborbors and car builder guys laying under their vehicles he walks up and lays down and hangs out with them. One day he brought us a freaking beautiful girl back to the shop, I guess she'd found him and checked his tag and brought him to our shop..that was nice ;)

He is a BIG cat...and solid, man...he's a fighter. We play wrestle with him a lot and we'll throw to the couch and he'll immediately bound right back and wrap himself around our arm and bite the crap out it. If he's on all fours and you try to take a swing at him, he raises up and absorbs the blow, catching your arm with his paws and he hangs on! He probably weighs a good 15 lbs it would seem. At this point He'll be 8 months old on Oct 14th. We estimate his birthday to be Valentines day, Feb 14th. My buddy Daniel and I just can't help being stupidly overwhelmed and in love with this cat, it's the damnest thing I've ever experienced.

th_20140710_101057_zpsr8vv0iai.jpg

th_20140710_101120_zpsvd1ibelz.jpg

th_20140711_1253030_zpsgmaegcj1.jpg

th_140618_0002_zpsdvxg2pmv.jpg

th_20140812_152339_zpswiz3curs.jpg

th_20140930_111246_zpsvo6ci4pm.jpg

th_20140930_111202_zpsxqxqmw3l.jpg

Edited by gv280z

Too funny, I was just thinking about Danger the other day... wondering how he was doing.

Yeah, he looks like a big one, you can usually tell by the width of the nose and length of the snout, with the standard tabby type breeds anyway. If he is only 8 months old, be ready to see him get bigger and then put on a little more muscle once he stops growing, especially if you horse play with him a lot. You might have a 20 pounder on your hands in another 6 to 9 months and have to put up Attack Cat signs to warn people with dogs to stay away.

My Mom came by with a little dog a few weeks ago, and we had to put it in the house because little 12lb Poop was stalking it and was going to take it out when it was in the back yard.

Keep enjoying your new owner Bud! :D

B