Aftermarket Support

dirtydeeds

So I've heard that there isn't much aftermarket support for Pathfinders and this thread is for all of you! Please post up products you would like to see, and problems you need resolved. My specialties are suspension and exhaust, but please post up everything, I have a lot of resources! Check out my site to get more ideas! dirtydeedsindustries.com

Edited by dirtydeeds

I'll start with some quick, easy ones.

For the WD21:

Quality headers at a good price (Thorleys are $400 at the cheapest)

Mid pipes to match up to cat back systems

Pan hard rod drop bracket

Idler arm brace (Calmini's are garbage, mine is so far out of square it won't mount)

Modified transfer case shifters for 3" body lifts

Sway bar quick releases

Do you want to get ito bumpers, sliders and skid plates?

For R50:

Soccer ball enclosure for cargo area

Starbucks drive through curb feelers

External grocery racks for Costco trips

Seriously,

Sub frame drop kit

Strut spacers

Snorkel (if you figure this out, you will be the only one making them)

Do you want to get into bumpers, sliders and skid plates?

B

B did mallcrawler already scrape @ starbucks? rolling.gif

As far as the idler arm brace why not design and Idler arm that rotates on a 1" shaft and 3 sets of needle bearings.(oh wait thats a second steering box on my frame) but seriously, a brace is just a bandaid the (ez to replace bushings) still wear out just not as quick.

you got a link for those rough contrty arms?

go find a small 4x4 shop in your area (not a chain) and ask them for a price on just the arms(arms and shackles, no shocks), they can order them that way.... mine came to 240 with shipping, and he didn't charge me tax.

I won't mention the shop's name so he doesn't get in trouble with RC for underselling...

The best deals can't be posted on the interweb... when I met him he said he never charges full retail price, so I think he may have cut like 20 or 30 bucks off, but it still beats 400

Edited by OldSlowReliable

No aftermarket support? There's plenty of junkyards for us to pull parts from other vechiles and make fit ours!

yep;

Dual stering box mod

JGC coilsprings

240zx ignition coils

hardbody t-case shifters to fit our body lifts

Front LSD I still haven't found; 4/87-89 300zx turbo (exept white shiro edtion) (I still haven't found one)

Camshaft cores to send to schneider

early 300zx turbo harmonic balancer to run serpentine belt on water pump and 2" overdrive pulley on alterantor.(this mod has not yet been confrimed)

Edited by MY1PATH

yep;

JGC coilsprings

240zx ignition coils

Front LSD I still haven't found; 4/87-89 300zx turbo (exept white shiro edtion) (I still haven't found one)

early 300zx turbo harmonic balancer to run serpentine belt on water pump and 2" overdrive pulley on alterantor.(this mod has not yet been confrimed)

how bout a cat back system that exits just before the rear tire? Just a little rumble at idle and cruising, but sounds pissed off when you gun it?

And as posted above, by idler arm brace, do you mean a brace for the steering box? Or is it actually the idler arm you were referring to?

I replaced my Idler arm with a steering box. It does not need any more modifacation.

Regular Idler arms with a brace can still wear out their bushings just not as fast and the brace helps preven the bending of the small Idler shaft. It works for people but it could still be better no?

SO What I meant was instead of designing a brace, why not design an better idler arm. let it rotate on a large diameter shaft (3/4" or 1") and let it turn on 2 or 3 sets of needle bearings so that it'll last a hundred times as long before ever needing service.

240zx ignition coils

I still want to do this one, you had any longterm affects of this one? (I'll search later)

how bout a cat back system that exits just before the rear tire? Just a little rumble at idle and cruising, but sounds pissed off when you gun it?

Make your own? If I can do it...

And as posted above, by idler arm brace, do you mean a brace for the steering box? Or is it actually the idler arm you were referring to?

There is a mod for replacing the idler arm with a manuel steering box, strength is the reason. Idler arm braces are helpfull but the steering box swap is stronger.

I still want to do this one, you had any longterm affects of this one? (I'll search later)

Make your own? If I can do it...

There is a mod for replacing the idler arm with a manuel steering box, strength is the reason. Idler arm braces are helpfull but the steering box swap is stronger.

what I am asking is about the aftercat, if I made on would people want it? Is there anybody in Socal Area that would b interested n helping with r&d? I would give a real good deal, basically parts only, labor pretty much free

Im sure some would be interested. I think the only bolt on cat-back system is made by Gibson. Not sure how much, but I think somewhere in the $350-$500 range. Being our cats get quite hot(some burn up the floors) a high flow cat with tuned pipes and muffler would be a good idea. As Im sure ou know, Its all about cost.

Some guys have had either a Flowmaster installed with lightly larger pipe, some withe stock size. I think we all know that the exhaust system could use some help. And as far as breathing goes, maybe a new intake design or snorkel for both stock and with body lifts.

how about something simple to start things off..A Panhard rod drop bracket.

I just dont see paying almost a $100 for those..Calmini is the only one that makes them that I know of and at $70 plus an outrageous $28 shipping mad.gif

I'd be interested to see one that raises the axle side instead as this supposedly raises the roll center for increased satbility

240zx ignition coils

None, its the same ignition system just a differant coil. I think pathfinder is 32,000v and the 240 is like 38,000v or something like that. But an aftermarket 55,000v coil, as I discovered, will eventually burn out your transitorviannen_09.gif if you by aftermarket I'd say stay 45,000v(msd 8222) or lower

thumbsup.gif Edited by MY1PATH

If you can find a way to keep it from getting smashed/ dragged off by the frame while draging the frame on a rock, I'd so go for it.

Im sure some would be interested. I think the only bolt on cat-back system is made by Gibson. Not sure how much, but I think somewhere in the $350-$500 range.

They start at about $250.

The mid-pipe Precise suggestd would be nice, direct bolt in with O2 bung.

If you can find a way to keep it from getting smashed/ dragged off by the frame while draging the frame on a rock, I'd so go for it.

my tail pipe exits in the rear fender well just behind the lower link mount. It sits between the lower link and the frame. Its very much out of harms way, not even the link can touch it.

look for it 1:12 into the vid.

mines ran between the frame and lower link... Don't touch at full flex but I still have my swaybar connected

yep;

Dual stering box mod

JGC coilsprings

240zx ignition coils

Front LSD for R200a is available from 4x4parts

I'll start with some quick, easy ones.

For the WD21:

Quality headers at a good price (Thorleys are $400 at the cheapest)

Mid pipes to match up to cat back systems

Pan hard rod drop bracket

Idler arm brace (Calmini's are garbage, mine is so far out of square it won't mount)

Modified transfer case shifters for 3" body lifts

Sway bar quick releases

Do you want to get ito bumpers, sliders and skid plates?

The Calmini Idler Arm brace I have installed without any trouble and has so far worked like a champ.

Calmini also makes a very nice panhard drop bracket. Again, no problems so far.

For the midpipe, Look at the following:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-642510/

serves nicely as a midpipe and helps isolate the engine vibration and resonance from the rest of the exhaust system.

The Calmini Idler Arm brace I have installed without any trouble and has so far worked like a champ.

Calmini also makes a very nice panhard drop bracket. Again, no problems so far.

For the midpipe, Look at the following:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-642510/

serves nicely as a midpipe and helps isolate the engine vibration and resonance from the rest of the exhaust system.

my calmini brace works too.

however the point is we would like other options - cheaper if possible. calminis drop down bracket is downright expensive.

we also need a place to put the 02 sensor on the midpipe so that option wont work.

mines ran between the frame and lower link... Don't touch at full flex but I still have my swaybar connected

ok, so i've been buried with work all day and this thread is goin off! I'll read all the posts in detail and figure out what's goin on asap! It sounds like there is a need for a cheap, high quality bolt on after cat system. Simple and easy to install, I can do that! I'll study up and figure out something for that.

In the mean time, if you guys can round up somebody in socal who wants one, I'll put it on cheap for the oppurtunity to fit one to their truck and make a kit.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so i've been buried with work all day and this thread is goin off! I'll read all the posts in detail and figure out what's goin on asap! It sounds like there is a need for a cheap, high quality bolt on after cat system. Simple and easy to install, I can do that! I'll study up and figure out something for that.

In the mean time, if you guys can round up somebody in socal who wants one, I'll put it on cheap for the oppurtunity to fit one to their truck and make a kit.

Once again, if there is anyone in socal who wants to let me use their truck to fit an after cat exhaust system, please speak up. I'll charge just a little over cost of parts, just enough to pay for electricity, gas, wire, etc. email if interested \Email me