Why Oh Why Did Nissan Green Light This?

Toby

Nissan Joke

I'd rather see an aborted fetus than this thing... I don't see the point of it. it will be smaller than the Rogue. And it will be underpowered. At least the Isuzu Vehicross actually had some offroad prowess. this thing looks like it might follow the Aztek route and just be there. With a production run of 3 years and won't sell the final vehicle until 5 years after production ended.

Gotta admit, I don't think it looks all too bad...4.0L & 4wd would be sweet though

Not big enough for a V6. And no conventional 4WD, just AWD as an option. I think the engine in it is going to be the same 2.5 I4 they've used for years.

It doesn't look like it's high enough to do any real off roading outside of maybe pulling into your front yard.

Still shares too much of a resemblance to

Pontiac-Aztek.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/5468551/nissan-juke-coming-to-freak-america-out-with-its-foreignness

500x_nissan_juke_01.jpg

I like Nissan and all but we're getting over saturated with Crossovers. And this thing looks like a more modern Pontiac Aztek. I'm not sure what is going through their heads...

Oh my gawd,it looks like a old 1969 mustang got raped by a pathfinder and this is the ugly bastage the mustang gave birth too...and sadly the thing crawled off before being killed by its sire...

A Mini buffed ou on 'roids, kinda like Stalone... No thanks, I have no need use for it.

Some of the replies are great though!!

Ok, which lights are the headlights, which are the foglights, and which are the fake ones to ward off predators?

Um, I'm normally not a grammar/spelling Nazi, but you misspelled "Fuglyness".

Why couldn't they make it attractive looking?

Is that not possible?

What the hell is going on with some of these automotive designers today?

You guys should do a story on today's current crop of automotive designers.

Ask them the hard questions, like, "What the fskc is wrong with you? and "What the hell were you thinking?"

You could end it with, "Are you ever going to make attractive cars again? and "Do you really think this is the line of work for you?" or maybe, "How'd you get this job?"

:rofl:

B

Still better than the original tiburon from hyundai

Ahh yes, the Cavalier on steroids. An atrocity in every way! :lol:

This thing is, well, different, but I'm not 100% swayed either way. Have to see it in person.

It just me or does that mini look like a new fj with out the sueacide doors on it...If this is what the new cars are All going to look like I'm never going to buy any thing newer then '03...

I had already set my cut off at 94...though it is because of air bags. I do like some things newer though, so I have ammended my original cut off to 2000, and just yank the damn explosives and swap in a grant wheel.