Why Oh Why Did Nissan Green Light This?

Toby

It just me or does that mini look like a new fj with out the sueacide doors on it...If this is what the new cars are All going to look like I'm never going to buy any thing newer then '03...

Mazdas with a big smiley face, flame surfaced BMWs, Acuras, VWs and others with big strips of chrome across the grill for what purpose? Even my current Z with it's shark teeth grill and goofy single rear fog light that looks like a receiver hitch. I could go on and on but the point is for all the giant leaps in technology vehicle styling seems to be getting worse.

Have all the good designs been taken? Or maybe just reserved for cars I can't even afford to think about.

Edited by dhardison

I think the tiburon doesn't look half bad, a buddy @ school drives one and loves it

The first gen Tibby takes the cake, IMO. The last few gens are just trash... Now, the new Genesis coupe, on the other hand, is something fierce. Props to Hyundai on that. But, too little, too late compared to the competition offered from the Japanese automakers.

As for this new Nissan, that picture doesn't look right. Has this exact design been confirmed? It looks a little off, proportions-wise. :scratchhead:

Mazdas with a big smiley face, flame surfaced BMWs, Acuras, VWs and others with big strips of chrome across the grill for what purpose? Even my current Z with it's shark teeth grill and goofy single rear fog light that looks like a receiver hitch. I could go on and on but the point is for all the giant leaps in technology vehicle styling seems to be getting worse.

Have all the good designs been taken? Or maybe just reserved for cars I can't even afford to think about.

I'm not big on chrome myself. Blackout grills are nice for sure though. Hints of chrome aren't bad either.

The first gen Tibby takes the cake, IMO. The last few gens are just trash... Now, the new Genesis coupe, on the other hand, is something fierce. Props to Hyundai on that. But, too little, too late compared to the competition offered from the Japanese automakers.

As for this new Nissan, that picture doesn't look right. Has this exact design been confirmed? It looks a little off, proportions-wise. :scratchhead:

I don't think Hyundai is late at all. the Genesis coupe is turning a market. People who don't want muscle cars but want a sporty 2 door, and the genesis has just that. Not many other automakers have something comparable to it in that price range.

Also that's the final design. The concept was shown a year ago or something.

I don't think Hyundai is late at all. the Genesis coupe is turning a market. People who don't want muscle cars but want a sporty 2 door, and the genesis has just that. Not many other automakers have something comparable to it in that price range.

Which is why Nissan did the Altima coupe, though it isn't in the same price range.

Which is why Nissan did the Altima coupe, though it isn't in the same price range.

Powerful FWD V6? Nah. I love the styling of the Altima Coupe. But it's not in the same league at all lol. It competes with the Accord Coupe and Eclipse more than Genesis coupe

Powerful FWD V6? Nah. I love the styling of the Altima Coupe. But it's not in the same league at all lol. It competes with the Accord Coupe and Eclipse more than Genesis coupe

The Accord coupe is NO competition, it's just a sick joke.

The Accord coupe is NO competition, it's just a sick joke.

the Altima Coupe is 270hp and the Accord Coupe is 270hp. At least around there. both are 3.5L's and considered to be FWD touring coupes. They compete practically head to head.

I do like the altima coupe alot more however.

Might have the same HP, but the Altima is to a Monte Carlo as an Accord is to a Buick Regal. Which one will you see Grandpa driving? Get it?

I don't think i've ever seen an older person driving an Accord Coupe. The sedan maybe but that goes for any age. Same with the Altima.

Just don't understand your generalizations at times tbh

http://jalopnik.com/5468551/nissan-juke-coming-to-freak-america-out-with-its-foreignness

500x_nissan_juke_01.jpg

I like Nissan and all but we're getting over saturated with Crossovers. And this thing looks like a more modern Pontiac Aztek. I'm not sure what is going through their heads...

I'd rally one... :)