Cold air intake for 95 pathfinder?

zelix

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one on mine. Check Ebay, they got plenty for around $60 to $100. Don't know if I'd recommend one though. Mine has lost hp I think. Had a lil more pick up with the stock intake. Go with a snorkel, that would be cool and you won't have to worry about water getting into the intake.

I've got one on mine. Check Ebay, they got plenty for around $60 to $100. Don't know if I'd recommend one though. Mine has lost hp I think. Had a lil more pick up with the stock intake. Go with a snorkel, that would be cool and you won't have to worry about water getting into the intake.

thanks, im not down for a snorkel, but yeah i found lots on ebay. i think its impossible for them to make the engine have less horsepower >.> cause its suppose to increase airflow. ones im looking at look really good and advertise 7-15hp increase

INT190.jpg

They are on ebay yeah. But there is no way it decreases your HP. Have you compared an aftermarket CAI to the stock intake tube and such? I know there's such a thing has having too big of an intake. but anything is better than that tiny intake.

or you can do what im doing this week, buy the adapter from autozone for 6 bucks and a cone filter, bolt it on and get some benefit (and the sound) for cheap

$6 cone filter? they don't exist around here. Even the tiny oil breathers are $20

no, its a 6 dollar adapter that goes from your MAF to a cone filter fitting, then you buy a filter for around 20-25 bucks, and you got a 30 dollar WAI

Gotcha. It's been so long since i've had my truck I've honestly forgotten. Pretty sure it's a CAI though. I know it's at least a cone filter.

Is it bad my truck has sat longer waiting for a speed sensor than i've owned it? This is what I get for asking family for help *facepalm*

thanks, im not down for a snorkel, but yeah i found lots on ebay. i think its impossible for them to make the engine have less horsepower >.> cause its suppose to increase airflow. ones im looking at look really good and advertise 7-15hp increase

INT190.jpg

thats the same one i have in my pathfinder and i noticed a increase in power and it sounds cool lol.

img076.jpg

INT190.jpg

Just note what you show there is a cone filter with a different tube to the IM, not a CAI. CAI would be boxed/barriered with a direct infeed from the front or the wheel well.

I'm not saying that you won't notice any difference in power/response, but you are using the wrong nomenclature. :shrug:

B

Just note what you show there is a cone filter with a different tube to the IM, not a CAI. CAI would be boxed/barriered with a direct infeed from the front or the wheel well.

I'm not saying that you won't notice any difference in power/response, but you are using the wrong nomenclature. :shrug:

B

^ why I referred to it as a WAI or warm air intake..

^ why I referred to it as a WAI or warm air intake..

ah, well in Canada where im from its always cold, as long as this gives much better airflow it should give me a little more power :)

ah, well in Canada where im from its always cold, as long as this gives much better airflow it should give me a little more power :)

It is less restrictive than the stock airbox, but you are pulling from the egine compartment, so yeah at higher speeds you are probably getting cooler air, but it is pulling from behind the radiator so it is not as cold as you might think.

B

Correct term for what this is would be a 'short ram intake' IIRC B...

I don't know what the e-bay ones go for but would proably go for the home built kit setups a couple people mensioned and build a box for it as GG said he's eventually doeing with his. Get the full use and potential out of it.

So I am going to do the cone filter idea in my 94, but since I really can't be bothered taking the stock filter off just to measure it, does anyone happen to know the tube's diameter for the adapter piece?

the adapter I just bought last night to go from the MAF to a cone filter is a 3" tube adapter...its intended to be used for putting tube bolted to an air outlet, but it works all the same

• 2 weeks later...

Is a cold air intake really a good idea when off-roading your pathy? seems like a easy way to flood out to me... i dont know about ya'lls trucks but mud and water easily finds its way into my engine bay :scratchhead:

I've got an open filter element on my Pathfinder and S10. Never had any problems with it unless you're trekking through water. But i dunno how they'd react to massive amounts of water and/or mud splashed up. If you build a box for it then it wouldn't be much of a problem.