Check out my $500 find! :)

kafercup

I got this '92 SE V6 from a buddy at work that just wanted to get rid of it. It's a manual tranny 4WD with the red interior. The only real issues at purchase were the non-working gas gauge(fixed), non working speedo (needs VSS), 3 broken exhaust studs (to be fixed soon), cracked windshield (fixing next week), baaaaad tied rod ends (fixed), and non working central locking (needs a lock timer. The seller is the super clean type, so the interior is PERFECT!!! Not one tear, crack or discoloration. Still has the original mats, tool kit, sunroof panel, sunroof storage bag, manual, and remotes. I just did a tuneup and oil change and it runs like a top!!

Anybody got a lead on a VSS for this beast?

And P.S......No rust anywhere!!!!!!!!!

And now the pics......

** 1/28/10 Lock timer fixed, thanks for the link headpeace!:aok: **

ThuJan07165103AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

ThuJan07165111AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

ThuJan07165117AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

ThuJan07165123AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

ThuJan07165128AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

ThuJan07165147AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

ThuJan07165140AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

ThuJan07165128AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

ThuJan07165132AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

Edited by kafercup

Good deal man beer.gif

Anybody got a lead on a lock timer or VSS for this beast?

Go to the Classified section and look through the Parts For Sale threads, if you don't find it there then post in the Parts Wanted area thumbsup.gif

Sweet!! You have a few things to make sure of, #1 being the timing belt and when it was last replaced. What is the mileage anyway?? Sorry about the interior though, I don't like red so that would probably make me vomit every time I got in it.

Red said it well, look around/request parts here. I have a part out truck, but I think they are different units for the 95s.

Sounds like you have a few things to deal with yet... No worries, we'll help you out. ;)

B

I really like the interior color/style compared to mine... <_<

500 bucks in michigan will get you a rusted out pathy with no motor and the rear frame completely missing...

Actually $175.00 got me a decent one....Almost no rust on the frame at all! I'm using parts off of it like crazy.

The truck has been running beautifully, but I decided to clean the MAF sensor and throttle body as a bit of preventative maintenance. The throttle body was pretty gummy, but cleaned up well. It was a pleasant surprise to see what a big difference this little bit made! The truck runs even smoother and revs much crisper now. I love this truck! :) Next up is the timing belt, tensioner/roller, water pump, thermostat, bypass hose, and belts.

Now for a body lift..........

You are a LUCKY man.....I can't find anything atall

sorry to :jacked:

You are lucky, I looked for a while and then finally gave in and paid $1800 for an 87. It only has 107,000 miles and is really nice shape, almost everything works even the factory alarm. My gas gauge doesn't work either I need a new sender for the tank, anyone know where I can get one?

James

:aok: Nice truck! same exact one as mine.. cept mines and 91. If you want a little lift real quick u could crank the t bars.. looks a bit saggy in the front.

I was just under the truck yesterday planning out that exact project! :)

The truck has been running beautifully, but I decided to clean the MAF sensor and throttle body as a bit of preventative maintenance. The throttle body was pretty gummy, but cleaned up well. It was a pleasant surprise to see what a big difference this little bit made! The truck runs even smoother and revs much crisper now. I love this truck! :) Next up is the timing belt, tensioner/roller, water pump, thermostat, bypass hose, and belts.

Now for a body lift..........

I highly recommend changing your differential oils, brake fluid (expecially if it has any color to it) and the MT oil if applicable.

Yup, my pumpkin still has it's sticker!

Yes, most do.

B

• 3 weeks later...

wish I was you! you don't need a new door lock timer, just fix the one that's there, super easy. check out this link

fix

Just did the solder repair on the door lock timer and the locks work perfectly now! Thanks for the link to the repair, it saved me a good chunk of money.:my2cents:

Edited by kafercup