Anyone else play guitar?

DanCamm

I play VERY badly. I just don't practice enough really, and my brother got the musical talent anyways.

Electrics: Fender Telecaster Squire

Stinger Stratocaster Style - Made by Martin

Stinger Les Paul Style

PRS Santana Edition

Acoustics: Fender 12 String

Some off brand 6 string dreadnought (sounds great though)

Martin travel guitar

I've been playing bass for over 30 years, if that counts. Fender Jazz neck on a home-made body with all kinds of oddball parts, and a Genz-Benz 600 head/ 410XB2 cabinet that, when it's turned up past 5, breaks things in the house.

I'm a bassist also, for only 15 years though.

Yamaha 4 string fretless

Ibanez Sound Gear SR400

Peavy Sarzo Signature (4 string, neck through, with active electronics)

I play through a Crate BX200 into a Peavy 4x10 stack.

I love the warm tone of the Sarzo, but it is a beast, so I tend to use it for recording only. The fretless is nice for smooth slides, but it lacks some depth. The SR is great for stage use, it is light, and has a really thin neck, still not a great tone, but it is much richer than the fretless. I had a BC Rich Warlock at one point, more for fun than anything (it was lavender), because it had the worst tinny sound ever.

grim

I've been looking for another bass just for a backup, or maybe to take over the Jazz's duties so as to preserve it, but I can't find anything that measures up. It would have to play as sweet as this one, at least. I got the neck by accident after somebody ordered it and never picked it up - was one of the last american made necks 25 years ago.

As for my mods - I built a maple body, then added a badass bridge and have used a variety of pickups. At one point I had a switch that let let me go from parallel to series w/ the two Jazz-style pickups - which made it sound more like a P-bass. I took it out when i discovered i rarely used it. Current pickups came out of an ESP bass (I think).

dunno how many watts your Crate is, or what style you play, but I have to do everything from blues to metal and I used to have an Ampeg SVT III pro that was just barely adequate. This Genz-Benz 600 just blows its doors with only one 410 cab. Might be due to the G-B cabinet - it's a monster! Would love to plug an SVT into it to hear the difference.

I built some fretless basses back in the 80's, but since I play more precise stuff now, i haven't bothered with one since then. It does look cool to play one tho.

Edited by carwilef7

dunno how many watts your Crate is, or what style you play, but I have to do everything from blues to metal and I used to have an Ampeg SVT III pro that was just barely adequate. This Genz-Benz 600 just blows its doors with only one 410 cab. Might be due to the G-B cabinet - it's a monster! Would love to plug an SVT into it to hear the difference.

I built some fretless basses back in the 80's, but since I play more precise stuff now, i haven't bothered with one since then. It does look cool to play one tho.

It's a 200watt, most of the time I just used the line level output on the head and ran straight into the PA when we were on stage. I was in 1 Metal band, 1 Industrial band and 2 Goth bands in the 90s. 99% of what I played was original music. Only ever had 1 drummer to compete with in practicing, the rest of the bands were sequenced drums.

I got a Fender Stratocaster back when they were only $300 now their $500. I also have a new Fender Acoustic and a ****** little bass guitar that seems to work fine. They all have the sunburst finish and I jam on all of them a few times a week. I only have the acoustic because it helps me get laid quicker. :happy:

Fender acustic.Got it and a hard case for 300 bucks.

I can play good but havent been able to play in like a year since I have to tune it every 10 minutes and that got old fast.

Usally play G-funk rr,steven stills,and other good music.

I have been playing for like 10 years now, but haven't really progressed for about four years now since I have been working non stop. I used to have 3 electrics, now 2, sold the ibanez, but I still got the 84 squire bullet, and the cheap epiphone special 2, and got my dad's 36 year old yamaha acoustic. I have tuned them all up and even replaced the truss rod on the squire. Love it, wish I had someone around who actually pushed me to play more.

Fender acustic.Got it and a hard case for 300 bucks.

I can play good but havent been able to play in like a year since I have to tune it every 10 minutes and that got old fast.

Usally play G-funk rr,steven stills,and other good music.

Have you ever tried to tighten your tuners? Maybe you need to try re-stringing it and use some nut lube too. It works great.

Have you ever tried to tighten your tuners? Maybe you need to try re-stringing it and use some nut lube too. It works great.

You said nut lube.

Sorry, had to.

Been playing for about 20 years. I have a 97' Gibson Les Paul Standard, a 1966 Gibson Melody Maker and a 2003 Fender Telecaster Custom 72' Reissue. I've also got a ****** 100watt Fender solid state half stack and a Sovtek Mig60 with a 2-12 cab. Sovtek sounds amazing.

Theres quite a collection of nice guitars in this thread,

Ive been playing about 13 years, I have:

Washburn Dime333 (dimebolt)

yamaha APX-3 Acoustic - Tabacco sunburst colour

yamaha electric bass, ($200 cheap-o)

My brother has a fender stratocaster- deep red/purple with white pick guard

A fender acoustic from the 70's... (I found it in my friends basement crawlspace)

A Ovation Celebrity acoustic ( rounded back)