Sad sad news

I had just moved to the Phoenix area, acquired brand new AT tires for my beloved pathfinder, was going to go get a parts donor in a few days to fix her up nad some careless snatch yakking on her cell phone turned in front of me and I had no time to react, I slammed into her 2002 Dodge truck and now my Pathfinder is demolished. I went to the hospital by ambulance, my nephew is having neck problems and the dumb kid didn't have insurance or a license. Aside form the obvious concerns about my health and the health of my nephew, my beloved Pathfinder is gone, destroyed. I'm going to try to get her back here to my house and strip her bare then sell the junk for scrap.When it comes up for parts, I'll be letting everyone know. As soon as I get enough money, I'll be getting another Pathfinder.It was the toughest vehicle I have EVER had in my life. Best overall stock 4x4 bar none. I still can't believe she's gone.

Farewell my love.......

post-4359-1251178322_thumb.jpg

Sorry to here about the loss and hope to see pics of a new Pathy.

Glad to see you were wearing seat belts (no imprints in your windshield!-)

Hope you guys heal up quick.

That blows old goats...Sorry to hear that.Hope every thing works out for the better.

Funny; was that goat painted in Viking Colors with a shaved #4 in it's coat duct taped in a trunk? :shiftyeyes:

Oh Crap!! I'm very sorry!! I would be quite upset also...

Ok, pathy aside, I'm more concerned about you and the others. Good luck and quick healing is what I say.

Two points, how does someone without a license or insurance drive a 2002 Dodge truck around? Are they at least being held in jail?? Also, maybe not the time, but I thought someone in AZ was selling their truck now... The good news is that there are plenty of WD21s around for when you are ready.

Best wishes Bud!!

B

That picture above is from way before the wreck. Here are some links to the after pictures.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Pira...finder%20wreck/

I'm pretty sure that slapping a couple of fenders on won't do the trick. I'm going to try to get it back and strip it out and sell some parts. As for the girl with no license, it was her parents truck and she wasn't supposed to be driving it. After she bounced off of my Pathfinder, she hit a minivan. She's is in a lot of trouble. She got cited for failure to yield as well. I got cited for nothing. There is a red light camera at that intersection to prove that I didn't run the light. I will own the socks off her cute little feet when it's all done. I go to see an attorney in the morning. As for another pathfinder, I will definitely be getting another one when I get the money for one. She was absolutely the best vehicle I have EVER owned. She took all the off road abuse I could dish out to her and while the 4x4 worked, I NEVER got stuck. She sacrificed herself so that my nephew and I didn't suffer more serious injury or even death. She will live on as donor parts for other Pathfinders.

Edited by DreadPirateRedBeard

Yep...that's a pretty good lick...so I'm guessing you were still running no doors?

Honestly I don't think there is going to be much salvagable off of her...I would guarantee the engine is trash (if it still runs it will give up to the ghost very soon) the tranny may be ok but I would suspect some form of damage there too. Other than that I don't see that you will be able to sale much off of it unless you have a locker, crawler gears or some other upgrade.

I have stripped 2 pathy's and I'm about to throw away the same parts that i threw away off of the 1st on on the 2nd one b/c no one really buys the stuff, unless you have another hookup to getting the stuff sold

Edited by unccpathfinder

How fast were you going when you hit her? Ouch 0o'

Damn, I hope you're feeling better - this pisses me off terribly. That truck just saved your ass BIG time, and yet some bitch sued Nissan for "insufficient crash safety"... UGH!

Sad news indeed. I hope you and your nephew don't have any lingering consequences from the accident. I hope your lawyer rips that b@tch a new one. Having been there I know how bad it is to lose a big metal friend. It's been almost 18 months since I lost my Shakira. I'm in my third Pathfinder since then and I still miss that truck. Every time I see one in the same color I'm tempted to ask the owner if it's for sale.

Edited by KovemaN

How fast were you going when you hit her? Ouch 0o'

Damn, I hope you're feeling better - this pisses me off terribly. That truck just saved your ass BIG time, and yet some bitch sued Nissan for "insufficient crash safety"... UGH!

I was doing between 35 and 40 absolute tops. The speed limit was 35 and I tend to do no more than 3 or 4 mph over the limit. I owe my life and the life of my nephew to that beautiful truck. She sacrificed her life so that we didn't die. People expect some sort of all protective bubble these days and when they get the slightest bit hurt over whatever, they flip the fskc out.

Heh, don't mind him - I can understand where OSR is coming from - I've been hit 3 times the last few months and it's done no damage... much less hurting me. Granted, it wasn't at 40 MPH, so yeah XD If you've never had an accident, you dont' know just how much it can hurt :)

crumple zones and pathfinders a re the @!*%.. they absolutly have savedd lives i think someone should show that idiot who sued nissan how lives are really saved and that shes lucky to be alive

glad you walked away man. out here in az though, nice and dry, not as much of rust problem and no added things like salty snow to make it worse. the place i got mine from had had a nother one awhile back so they're here good like finding one that suits your needs. there's that guy out in ca selling a really pretty 87 with a roll cage in the back instead of seats on here...

Yeah thanks we're OK.

Ha, I had already deduced that you didn't die, and in my experience alot of times, people who are in crashes don't wanna 'relive' the experience or something like that.....idk personally as I haven't gotten in a situation like that..

And in my defense, you hadn't posted pictures yet, so I wasn't sure how bad the damage was or how serious the crash was :)

Edited by OldSlowReliable

Jesus christ man,I'm glad everyone's okay. some people just don't deserve to have licenses. Then again,she didn't in the first place,so maybe some people shouldn't be allowed within 15 feet of a vehicle.

I'm from upstate NY, And I consider myself to be a good driver. i drove I-10 and 60 between my hotel in peoria and my grandmother's in Queen Creek in Late March/Early April and i have never felt more uncomfortable driving in my entire life.

Rough. Ouch.

So how about hiring a private investigator to see if the young woman has anybody with wealth in her immediate family and suing the pants off her?

Why bother? Sue her anyways!

For a second...i thought you wrote 'pirate investigator' hehe