Mr Jims Pathy

tbecktold

"Before talking to Jim the wrecking yard called me back... but I have a question, who called and implied they were me?? "

I called Yest morning to get the price of 3k but that was the only time I called, and I gave them my name. No calls since you took it over.

I suppose we can figure that out if he gets it back.

I suggest a poll to determine how much $ we can raise. Actually, Ill set one up now...

I still think $2800 is a bit high for a part out vehicle, there is no way they'd make that off of it (but then I don't know what the scrap value would be)

B

Scrap locally for me is $6.00 per hundred pounds. Nissan cats are worth a decent buck but it's missing so there goes a good chunck of scrap value.Scrap price for aluminum wheels is tops $10.00 each and even if the tires are good, you have to pay for disposal.

"Before talking to Jim the wrecking yard called me back... but I have a question, who called and implied they were me?? "

I called Yest morning to get the price of 3k but that was the only time I called, and I gave them my name. No calls since you took it over.

No worries, talking to MudBathFinder it turns out that they just confused his name with mine. Both out names start with an S and our cell numbers are a lot alike... they even asked me what happened to my other number lol :aok:

I appreciate your response. I am in a much better place than I was 4 years ago. I had some health issues and a bad marriage. She was determined to destroy me if I would not be married to her and I can't imagine why she would want that since we weren't happy at all. Who knows what makes some people tick?

I have a 3 day weekend and today I am laying in my boat with blue skies and a slight breeze. I really did lose just about everything in the divorce but managed to hang onto my boat and she tried to get that too, but the judge shut her down. Life is calm now and I am in no hurry to conquer the world overnight. I will just let things fall back into place one day at a time and not let it worry me.

I had to sell my personal car to finance the last stages of my divorce that officially ended in May, so the idea of getting my Pathy back now especially is exciting but I am not getting my hopes up. It means the world to me that everyone is even trying. I do have a company vehicle so I am not destitute. Still, it would be nice to have it back again.

Thank you for your part in this endeavor. I am overwhelmed.

Well said Pezzy!!

Same goes for Simon...

Thanks for the update Mr Jim. I'm glad to hear you are finally free and putting things back together. I can only imagine what you have dealt with. As was said, there is no substitue for happiness and peace of mind, so don't lose it!!

Ok, now about that truck... I'm sure Red will follow up today and get back to us.

I have virtually any parts needed from the Pathy I'm parting out...

We will need to raise the fees to buy it, a place to work on it and some local volunteers.

Chime in with any ideas...

B

I agree that happiness can be elusive and its funny how things happen for a reason. I would venture to say that I put so much effort into establishing NPORA because my home life was empty and void of happiness at the time. I poured myself into NPORA and you all became my family. When I got really sick in 2004, she was not there for me and that was my ultimate queue to leave. I was really sad and depressed. It was a most difficult time for me and that was why I fell away from NPORA. I didn't want to bring that drama to NPORA.

Now, life is simple. I am looking for new woman in my life but I am happy and at peace. I love where I live. I have good friends and I am constantly amazed at the support and feeling of home that I get from the NPORA family.

I don't know if I ever relayed this story, but my neice went to Bagdad for work a few years ago and she had only been off the plane for an hour or so. She was walking through downtown Bagdad with a group of Americans and was overhearing 2 military men talking ahead of her in the crowd. They were talking about trucks and offroading. One kept mentioning his Pathfinder and she finally told him he should check out a site that her uncle started for Pathfinder owners. She told him it was NPORA and he said, "No way! Your uncle is Mr Jim?" She was floored and could not wait to get to a phone to tell me that story. How cool is that? I wonder which one of you it was that she was talking to?

Anyway, yes I am happy. It has been a long road to learn what matters most in life for me. It is this feeling of oneness that we create when we reach out and care for others just because it feels so right.

Talk to you soon,

MrJim

Sounds like you've been through hell, but got the best payback in return: happiness. It is amazing how hard it is to come by. :)

Hey There!

Thank you for the kind words and ex's are in our past for a reason. :)

I would love to get back on the trails again with you all. The avatar pic is an image from my last day offroad when I went down near Tacoma for a huge offroad event hosted by the local Toyota group. My truck did NPORA proud that day but took some damage to the clutch. I managed to leave the crowd without anyone knowing anything was wrong so that the hardcore Toyota folks would not be able to give us a hard time about not holding up, etc. :) It acutally did really well all day long and overall people were really impressed.

Thanks again!

MrJim

Damn gotta hate nasty ex's.....Glad you found the smile again though, that's the main thing. Now on to getting that truck back in action like on your avatar pic!!!!!

Hi,

Thanks... I appreciate the positive affirmations. I am really healthy and feeling fit. I have been able to get a pretty good tan this year too. I am still maintaining my weight at just over 200 lbs which is far less than I was about 5 years ago. I just eat healthy, stay active, and avoid sugar these days. It all adds up.

Here is a photo of a Sea Otter that comes onto the dock beside my boat all the time. Its pretty amazing living here.

Thanks again,

Mr Jim

Mr. Jim... you're looking good and healthy. :beer:

post-2-1248474525_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrJim

Yes, I kept the weight off and got rid of her too. They managed to squirm out of the malpractice suit with high power attorneys. Its okay though. I am so far removed from all that now that it is not even a factor for me now. I had a few more surgeries before things really got to be okay with my system, but I am happy to report that I have been 100% healthy for well over a year now. Its all good...

Here are a couple of pics of me now. Its a little different than my days at 350 lbs....

Thanks for the kind words!

MrJim

Kept that weight off and got rid of that excess baggage as well. Even if the wallet is light (curious how that malpractice lawsuit is progressing or turned out), I'm sure you are better off where you are... healthy and happy.

Good to hear from you Jim.

post-2-1248468434_thumb.jpg

post-2-1248473845_thumb.jpg

post-2-1248473987_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrJim

Hi there!

Glad you found NPORA. Thanks for the kind words. There are trails around here. My island is connected by a bridge so its not like I am really cut off from civlization unless I literally take my boat out to the smaller islands for the night or the the weekend. They have a huge motorcycle run here in Anacortes, WA every year called Oyster Run that you can Google.

Jim

Mr. Jim,

You were already away when I discovered NPORA... the caretakers here are doing a good job and is why I stick around. Sounds like you have had a rough time of it, BS no one deserves. I am sure karma will catch up to those who need it. Best wishes, hope you're 4x4ing again soon.

PS - roughly where is your island (and can you get us on any trails there?) :)

post-2-1248470011_thumb.jpg

post-2-1248474766_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrJim

Those are some beautiful shots! :aok:

Glad to see that you are doing well. Hopefully you can get your pathy back too. I don't know what I'd do without mine, or this site!

Thanks for the supportive words. Its all good now...

Jim

I think Mr Jims EX needs to be disappeared for doing this, if she didnt want it, why take a mans pride & joy. I know a few guys who have lost everything in seperations, always ends up messy, especially if there are kids involved.

Mr Jim, if you happen to read this thread, terribly sorry about the pathy, I think it would be worth going to get it, you spent a lot of your time & money on her.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate your posts. Thanks, Jim

F*ck the news & the media, you do these sorts of things for good peoples & because its the right thing to do, not for any godforsaken attention from those media whores. But yeah it would be cool.

Yeah I know....

Your truck is looking good these days. Not as stock as I remembered it. :)

Thanks for the support!

MrJim

WTF?!?! JIIIIIIIM!

Scott, let me know if i can be of assistance too. This is BS.

Whoa whoa whoa! Check out that pic! Mr Jim doesn't need our help!! We need HIS - I need hot chicks in bikinis too!!! ;):lol:

Just kidding. I'm a newcomer here but the board's been very helpful and the folks here - specially the core group of B, Pezzy, Scott, Tex, Dave and so on - are a very mature, chilled out group. They make it easy to hang out here. To the extent you set the tone, :beer:

Thanks... It wil happen if it was meant to happen. :)

Those are some beautiful shots! :aok:

Glad to see that you are doing well. Hopefully you can get your pathy back too. I don't know what I'd do without mine, or this site!

Thanks and I am glad NPORA has been a home for you like so many others. Its good people that make it such a great thing to be a part of.

MrJim

I was a late blommer to this site.But I can not say thank you anuff for doing this.So thank you very much...and those are great shots.

This thread should be pinned, as a reminder that there are still good people out there, willing to help a guy out.

Very heart warming reading this..... Cheers ya right up :aok:

Great to see you around a bit more Jim :beer:

• Like 1

I appreciate your response. I am in a much better place than I was 4 years ago. I had some health issues and a bad marriage. She was determined to destroy me if I would not be married to her and I can't imagine why she would want that since we weren't happy at all. Who knows what makes some people tick?

I have a 3 day weekend and today I am laying in my boat with blue skies and a slight breeze. I really did lose just about everything in the divorce but managed to hang onto my boat and she tried to get that too, but the judge shut her down. Life is calm now and I am in no hurry to conquer the world overnight. I will just let things fall back into place one day at a time and not let it worry me.

I had to sell my personal car to finance the last stages of my divorce that officially ended in May, so the idea of getting my Pathy back now especially is exciting but I am not getting my hopes up. It means the world to me that everyone is even trying. I do have a company vehicle so I am not destitute. Still, it would be nice to have it back again.

Thank you for your part in this endeavor. I am overwhelmed.

You are welcome.

Not to get too sappy, but I believe in helping others when I can. I tried something similar with Aaron but that didn't work out so well and is another story. :shrug:

If I can do my part with this, rally the troops and lead by example, well, so much the better!! It's all about timing and circumstance, when just a little bit of effort or sacrifice on ones part makes a significant difference to the other person, that's the best time to help. Like right now... ;)

The other side of it is that I have had countless hours of fun here, met great people, gotten good deals on parts, saved a lot of $ by DIY work, etc. Throwing a few pennies in the pot and ringing a bell, so to speak, doesn't compare to what I have gotten. Besides, it is down right embarassing seeing your truck parted out. :D

I don't know if you have taken a look around NPORA lately, but it has really grown and is by far the #1 site for pathfinders. The international membership is huge; the damn Canadians almost have us out numbered alone!! :ohno01: We have a few mechanics that help out regularly and even a Nissan dealership web sales rep!! It's suprising how many people join up because of how friendly members are and still come by to say Hi when they no longer own a pathfinder.

Well, enough of that. Time to focus on your truck. I'm not arguing your beliefs, but mine rarely include 'if it was meant to be' but substitute "let's see if I can make it"... :D

I also like humor, cooking, jazz, moonlit walks on the beach....

B

Say, what happened to the picture of the gorgeous view from your top deck? :scratchhead:

You are welcome.

Not to get too sappy, but I believe in helping others when I can. I tried something similar with Aaron but that didn't work out so well and is another story. :shrug:

If I can do my part with this, rally the troops and lead by example, well, so much the better!! It's all about timing and circumstance, when just a little bit of effort or sacrifice on ones part makes a significant difference to the other person, that's the best time to help. Like right now... ;)

The other side of it is that I have had countless hours of fun here, met great people, gotten good deals on parts, saved a lot of $ by DIY work, etc. Throwing a few pennies in the pot and ringing a bell, so to speak, doesn't compare to what I have gotten. Besides, it is down right embarassing seeing your truck parted out. :D

I don't know if you have taken a look around NPORA lately, but it has really grown and is by far the #1 site for pathfinders. The international membership is huge; the damn Canadians almost have us out numbered alone!! :ohno01: We have a few mechanics that help out regularly and even a Nissan dealership web sales rep!! It's suprising how many people join up because of how friendly members are and still come by to say Hi when they no longer own a pathfinder.

Well, enough of that. Time to focus on your truck. I'm not arguing your beliefs, but mine rarely include 'if it was meant to be' but substitute "let's see if I can make it"... :D

I also like humor, cooking, jazz, moonlit walks on the beach....

B

Say, what happened to the picture of the gorgeous view from your top deck? :scratchhead:

Well B, I gotta agree with you here. Without this place, I would have

A. nowhere that would proably accept me, especially when I'm being moronic.

B. a stock truck that even mall terrains would laugh at

C. spent TOO much money on parts(much rather give to another member than a unknown company)

D. even though have never seen any of you in person, I can still say I consider you friends

E. knolidge that can only be learned from others experience

do I have to go on? The least I can do is help out some with getting the forefather of NPORA back his truck. Just wish I was around for when you originally were MrJim

D. even though have never seen any of you in person, I can still say I consider you friends

QTMFt!

When I was on here all the time, CC knew who I meant when I said slick or b or tex. she had a harder time remembering who friends around town were than friends on the pathy forums were