Rough Country UCAS for cheap!

beastpath

Did not really know where to put this, so mods can move it to an appropriate place if need be.

Many of the people on here hold the belief that Rough Country UCA's are the way to go when planning on doing a basic three inch lift. It used to be that you could call Rough Country and they would sell you just the Hardbody arms and bushings for about $150 or so. But then they got wise and demanded people buy not only the arms, but the whole Hardbody Kit, for $300 plus!!

So it seemed the only reasonable way to go was to get second hand UCAs that people would sell occasionally.

Well, do not despair, for there is another way...

I stopped by a local 4x4 shop today called Off Road Unlimited. Never been in before, and out of curiosity asked if they could get me the UCAs by themselves.

They called Rough Country, proceded to tell them that they had a customer who had been in a car wreck and just needed replacement arms. He explained that my "Hardbody" still had the shackles etc, so I didnt need the whole kit. No Problem!

Each UCA came to $45.65, and shipping was $30! Grand Total of: $128.56!!!! Including bushings.

They also gave me the part numbers, thought they might be useful for people on here.

Controll Arm Passenger Side: 94026065

Controll Arm Driver Side: 94016065

So everyone should just tell them you have a Hardbody and have been in an accident. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...
no i didnt get shocks, just the UCAs

see, I think thats where alot of the $$ goes, cause another 120 bucks would include the 4 shocks and shackles.....idk, i'm thinkin i'll go your way, cause i don't NEED shocks to fit 33's, just need the tire clearance....hmmm oh well....i'll call on monday to see if i can trick my way into it!

If his idea doesn't work for you 4 wheel parts carries the superlift UCA kit with bushings and ball joints for $278. The rough country UCAs are the superlift ones painted black. The superlift part number for the kit is K297. When you call 4 wheel parts they can look it up by this number.

Edited by Morningwould

Also as far as the shocks go. I ordered mine online from rough country. All 4 shipped for $152. That is for the RC8000 shocks. The part numbers I ordered from rough country are 8109 for the front and 8105 for the rear. The shocks that rough country sells are actually heckethorn shocks. If you want the RC9000 shocks the part numbers are 9109 for the front and 9105 for the rear.

Edited by Morningwould

have someone here buy them for you and ship them.

Yeah, I though about that... I could buy the parts from here and send to someone in US and then have it shipped to here. Anyway, I still have to find someone there and get a quote on the shipping rates.

If his idea doesn't work for you 4 wheel parts carries the superlift UCA kit with bushings and ball joints for $278. The rough country UCAs are the superlift ones painted black. The superlift part number for the kit is K297. When you call 4 wheel parts they can look it up by this number.

That's interesting. Thanks!

Edited by BrSurfer

• 1 year later...

I've been lookin into lifting my path and reading other posts. With the kits from AC and Calmini you get new torsion bars. I know aftermarket torsion bars have a higher "spring rate". The qustion is do you need the T-bars with the higher "spring rate". AC has a 3" lift for $665. I'm trying to figure out if its cheaper to buy the kit or to buy the UCA's, Shocks, Springs, and torsion bars(if needed).

Pathfinder Suspension Package

SKU: SPAC5593 $665.00USD

1987-1995 Pathfinders 2 or 4WD

This lift provides a true 3" of lift

Complete suspension package includes:

◦Upper Control Arms

◦1.5" Lift Coils

◦4 Rancho RS5000 Shocks

◦Heavy Duty Torsion Bars With 30% Higher Spring Rate

◦Idler Arm Brace

◦Bushings and Hardware

◦Installation Instructions

Edited by jwmyers23
  • Like 1

I don't think you need new tbars. I put the AC ucas and 3" springs in mine and just cranked the front end. It aligned perfectly. Though now with my ARB they are sagging a little but I can always re index them.

I think it would be cheaper for you to source things out yourself. I got my Rough Country UCA's for $50.00 each side and the total shipped to the US address I provided was $126.00. Those type also correct for improper ball joint angles once lifted. You can buy the rear coils and brace from AC as I've heard good things about AC's 3" lift coils being a smoother ride then the cheaper JGC or Ford coils people get from the wreckers. And as for Ranchos, there's plenty of deals out there man. Rancho puts out a TON of different deals all the time. I got my Rancho 9000xls for $63.19 a shock due to a 100 dollar rebate they offered on the purchase of 4 shocks. I think you could do better on your own personally.

I just got off the phone with ruogh country. I asked about getting replacement UCA's for my hardbody (told them I had one get bent). I gave him the part numbers too (94026065 & 94016065). The guy on the phone said they don't have those UCA's any more. :wtf:

Superlift actually makes the Rough Country control arms, they are identical other than the RCs are black paint and the SLs are zinc plated. I believe about a year ago SuperLift stopped producing the Rough Country version bu still sells their version, at a higher price of course.

I'll post up some picts when I get home, I think I found a new type of aftermarket upper control arm. I don't know if they are still made, but it's worth looking...

B

• 1 month later...

I have a question regarding the route some are suggesting to be taken, with buying each thing individually as you need.

Will the AC HD T-bars make ANY difference for me if I dont replace them, but instead replace the rear springs and UCA+shocks all around(to achieve the 3" lift)?

Edited by feyded

Torsion bars provide 0 lift from model to model. Some are stiffer, yes, but the only thing that provides lift is cranking the torsion bards. I had a full set of skids, ARB Bumper, Winch and lights all on stock T-bars in both my WD21's with no issue, and currently have the same setup (add sliders) on my WD22. Stock t-bars are fine, unless you want a stiffer suspension in the front.

Sounds good, that was what I thought but its better to be safe than broke.

Thank you so much Simon.

Doesnt sound like it makes sense to get the WHOLE lift package then.

:headwall: DAMN-IT!

Well, when I take my Calmini lift off the other Pathy & put it on this one, I know not to get new TB's. Just get UCA's. I have the JGC springs for the rear. Now, I just need to get things done.

Thanks for all the info everyone! :beer:

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone,

will this work on my 93 pathy? Super Lift Front Suspension Lift SKU: SPSL4WDARMS6065 1986.5-1997 Hardbody 4WD? just curious cause i was looking on ac..... wanted to pc my suspension together as well. 3" suspension and 3" body would be great, I think there were 3 body kits on ac and only diff I noticed was the price. Anyone know anything about the calmini hd steer system..... does it work well? is it worth the money? or is there something better out there? t bars? mine seem to be sagging, should i go back to stock? I cranked these up to high after I replaced my auto trans, going over speed bumps felt like i was gonna eject out of my seat, brought them back to ride height but dont want a stiff ride...any ideas... this is a daily driver as well as soon to be weekend warrior.