so... Nissan Pathfinder was copied by Honda Passport ?

Pinip

some look alike...with Mitsubishi engines...but Honda always had burning or leaking oil problems... with those engines...

http://www.edmunds.com/honda/passport/1994...ktid=ik16231730 :clickdalink:

still impressive to know that Honda tried to copie the Pathfinder...they had a good reason... Japanese were investing massively in Americas...a foreign rat race in America's invasion...

...i guess the Pathfinder really had a high hand then... and surpassed even more with it's engine...

Edited by Pinip

the passports are nice...they have a little more power than the pathy (or at least feels like it) my buddy that is coming out today had a 95...and funny thing is the passport is the same thing as the rodeo but the rodeo used "2nd hand parts" or so from what i hear from a couple of mechanic buddies...and almost every single one of them have lifter tap unless you give it some seafoam

A friend of mine used to have an Isuzu Rodeo back in high school. Really nice truck and quite peppy when you hammered on the gas. I noticed it lookd identical to the Honda Passport, which, if my memory serves correctly, was never sold in Canada. :scratchhead:

I don't think it's half as good as the Pathfinder, though. I don't have the statistics in front of me but I think the Pathfinder/Terrano is one of the highest-selling SUVs ever. I highly doubt Honda or Isuzu can make that claim. :D

We have an isuzu rodeo, granted it's newer than the one in your link. The only problem we've had with it is the dumb mechanics who replaced the clutch under warranty messed it up. Other than that it's a solid rig, has a 3.2 l v6 that feels way faster than my pathy, I think its around 210hp. Plus, It gets like 25 mpg on the highway.

We have an isuzu rodeo, granted it's newer than the one in your link. The only problem we've had with it is the dumb mechanics who replaced the clutch under warranty messed it up. Other than that it's a solid rig, has a 3.2 l v6 that feels way faster than my pathy, I think its around 210hp. Plus, It gets like 25 mpg on the highway.

Isn't the 3.2L in the Rodeo/Passport a DOHC?

I never liked the pasport and rodeo because of their imposterness. My dislike grew oneday when a passport owner appoached me and my 89 @ a gas-station and said.

"Is that an Isuzu? It looks like my passport, its nice huh?"

I told him it was a nissan and that I loved it (the truth!) But maybe my tone squashed his small talk 'cause he just shrugged and walked away.

I never seen a 2 door pasport or rodeo so I'd think the mixup would be harder to make.

I believe the engine is DOHC, but I also think it was an Isuzu sourced motor (IDK why they would use a Mitsu motor), thus the problems with it. They just don't look as nice as a Pathfinder or a 4runner, hell even the comparable Explorers look better.

And my guess is that the 4runner sold better than the Pathfinder, at least in the US...just a guess though

The older passport had a SOHC 4cyl and a SOHC 6cyl, with the 6 making 190hp.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com...-passport-8.htm

The newer one had an Isuzu sourced DOHC 6cyl, making 205hp.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com...-passport-8.htm

Edited by laxman0324

I'm certain the 4Runner/Hilux has higher sales numbers than the Pathfinder/Terrano but I chose not to mention it. :lol:

I wonder why Nissan never made the VG33E as a DOHC... :scratchhead:

I am no engine expert but I am sure there are properties of the SOHC engine they wanted to have in the Pathfinder...

I am no engine expert but I am sure there are properties of the SOHC engine they wanted to have in the Pathfinder...

A lack of balls is the only thing that comes to mind... :lol:

Seeing as how Nissan made the VG30DE, why not a VG33DE? :scratchhead:

A lack of balls is the only thing that comes to mind... :lol:

Seeing as how Nissan made the VG30DE, why not a VG33DE? :scratchhead:

I have heard of VG33de and vg33dett. I think some Z32 guys made them, and Badass was the word for the VG33DETT!

too bad the DOHC heads are too wide to fit in the pathfinder.

Edited by MY1PATH

I have heard of VG33de and vg33dett. I think some Z32 guys made them, and Badass was the word for the VG33DETT!

too bad the DOHC heads are too wide to fit in the pathfinder.

Really? Damn, that could be awesome in a R50 with a supercharger! :D

Oh well... I'll have to tinker with the VG33E when I can afford/locate a QD32ETI. :happy:

Passport and Rodeo are the same car. All were made by Isuzu, the Honda's are just re-badges. This was done as an agreement between Isuzu and Honda. Honda wanted N.A. market share for the SUV sector, and so they contracted Isuzu to make SUV's for them. In return Honda produced cars (Japan only) and minivans (Isuzu Oasis) for Isuzu. Similar to the Pathfinder and Hardbody, the Rodeo and Isuzu Truck used the same frame and same parts from the steering wheel forward.

Last time I went to Hollister we had two separate groups of people ask us if our trucks were Isuzus/Hondas. :ar15:

They get good mpg causr the g-ratio isnt as low.4.1 for 225/75r15, 4.3 245/70r16,the valves are suposed to be adjusted every15k,the 4x shifter is messed strange to shift and there a winter driving button that allows you to skip 1st and 3rd gear.There strange trucks.

Edited by nismothunder

Only the auto has the winter driving button. Our 4x4 is shifted with a button on the fly, but you have a lever to go into 4 lo. I kinda like it.

The one I looked at had a U-shaped t-case lever.Push forward 4hi,left and back 4lo.kinda odd.There a vid on youtube with a nice one wheel hardcore over rocks,stumps and stuff...it cool since there at a event and there bluegrass music playing during the whole vid...and yes you to...get off of my cloud.