Wife wants to upgrade

nunya

As the title sais, my wife wants to get into a Pathfinder as well as me, she just wants to go a little newer than me and my little 88. Proably gonna start lookign and pricing 09s this weekend. Anybody know of any reasons to stay away from the new style, besides the fact they only come in 4 door form? Figured I'd try to get some input here even though I know there isn't alot of new-gen owners around.

Figured it was more a general question if ANYBODY had any input, since most people on here I at least see active are wd21 and r50 owners.

We do have a few R51 members... if you wanna check out the fun stuff they can do with them, have a looksie at the aussie pathy board. Lot's of R51 members there.

Tons of power, great on road handling. If you're looking for an on-road SUV, it's a great choice. With the independant suspension all the way around, I'd be wary of taking it offroad anywhere even slightly serious. Skinnypedal has an 05, and just recently sold his WD21, and he HATES the 05 offroad.

We do have a few R51 members... if you wanna check out the fun stuff they can do with them, have a looksie at the aussie pathy board. Lot's of R51 members there.

I saw one just yesterday. Lifted, tires, exhaust and it was a nice change from the Expedition/Tahoes everyone seems to drive. It didn't seem to have any trouble towing the full sized sea ray ski boat behind it either.

I have no idea about their off road ability, but it sounds like the wife may not care about that too much??

B

It's my wife, the most it's gonna see off the paved path is when camping, nothing too serious. Local dealer only had 2 on the lot and don't want to work at all with prices since they can't get it through their heads we are NOT trading mine in. Got a couple other dealerships to try though. I don't personally have to like the style, all I have to do is ride in it and work on it, heck she don't even have one yet and has been searching for mods. Been around me too long.....

We test drove an 08 and we did like the way it drove. It is alot bigger/taller than a R50. Alot more powerful than the 3.3V6 we have but what isnt.... In my opinion I didnt think the fit and finish was as good as a Japanese made R50 but if I was in the market I would definitely give the V8 a look (they didnt have a V8 at the time on the lot). As far as not dealing, they are out of their mind....