Random: spilled wax

Nytrosfinder

was doing some stuff with candles (fire source) inside the house->yeah i know big mistake

spilled some on the carpet... any ideas how to get it out without hurting the carpet? (its brand new 8 months ago)

Tried hot water and got some of it up by whipping it with a towel....

Take a paper towel, put it over the top of the spot of wax. Take an iron, and have it on DRY not WET (steam) and turn it on the lowest or second lowest setting. Once it's warm, move the iron in a circular motion over the paper towel. The wax will melt and the paper towel will absorb the wax. Don't push too hard because that will just press and mash the wax in there. Do that as many times as necessary.

Edited by Kingman

haha I cant remember if he said he had a gf or not...if its new carpet and he didnt try to grab it as soon as it fell and grind it into the carpet it should come off pretty easily...i've got a nice spot of grease in the hallway that I have to get out before I move but thats in like 4 months so i'll worry about it when the time comes...figured the carpet will get dirty as a whole and if still stands out i'll spot clean it later

was doing some stuff with candles (fire source) inside the house->yeah i know big mistake

spilled some on the carpet... any ideas how to get it out without hurting the carpet? (its brand new 8 months ago)

Move.... quick!! :D

So what were you doing with candle wax...?

/\ Do you really want to know???

I've heard of the iron trick too -- just be careful you don't melt the carpet. Honestly... Google it! Better than making an even worse mess!

You are not very lucky lately ?! ...haven't you had an episode with your Pathfinder...and your dad's cherokee not long ago ? and now the carpet ? or am i all mixed up ?

Edited by Pinip

''You are not very lucky lately ?! ...haven't you had an episode with your Pathfinder...and your dad's cherokee not long ago ? and now the carpet ? or am i all mixed up ?''... that was my firtst thoughts...

Second thoughts : it may appear moralistic

From what i read, you are young, and you have a long life in front of you... and it is precious as long as you take care of yourself...thus of it... Even danger can be sport..as long as it is calculated and taken in account...

Edited by Pinip

You are not very lucky lately ?! ...haven't you had an episode with your Pathfinder...and your dad's cherokee not long ago ? and now the carpet ? or am i all mixed up ?

Yeah I have had a streak of bad luck lately.... Can't stand it... FML...

Yeah I have had a streak of bad luck lately.... Can't stand it... FML...

...better days to come !! It happens to everyone... at least once in a life time... ;) it just takes a little courage to get over ...the hill... :D

What FML means ?

Edited by Pinip

thick towel on top of wax - warm iron on top of that + time = all gone. been there before at my buds dads house, his sister spilled wax all over "the mansion" floor