Burger

Precise1

same here. i would do them inside on one of these, but i don't have a range hood so it makes my kitchen greasy and smokey when i do them in the pan. I don't mind cleaning these cast iron pans, you don't even have to use soap!

41TAES3Q7XL._SS500_.jpg

yes fries and mayo is so euro. i think the dutch or belgians were responsible for it. mixing mayo with garlic and herbs is really good too, but most of the time i just have plain mayo.

Pinip your are lucky to have raw milk cheeses in quebec. everything in ontario is pasturized :(

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here. i would do them inside on one of these, but i don't have a range hood so it makes my kitchen greasy and smokey when i do them in the pan. I don't mind cleaning these cast iron pans, you don't even have to use soap!

41TAES3Q7XL._SS500_.jpg

yes fries and mayo is so euro. i think the dutch or belgians were responsible for it. mixing mayo with garlic and herbs is really good too, but most of the time i just have plain mayo.

Pinip your are lucky to have raw milk cheeses in quebec. everything in ontario is pasturized :(

...yes, everything used to be pasteurised here also, but there is still quite a bit of polemic relating to raw cheese... politics have a a proneness to panic when they can't control bacterial mutation of natural products...

Edited by Pinip

Me thinks someone needs to feed Pinip.... :D

...lol... yes ... seems strange, but i, eventhough i don't weight more that 190 american pounds, i have a strong appeal for anything that relates to cooking and tasting wich does not mean necessarily eating... that is one creative aspect, very inspiring and tasty... if you say Gorgonzola by exemple, i'll have the taste in my mouth, and i already have in mind, of the wine that marries with it... just like painting or composing music... i imagine... :)

...but i must admit, i went back in France few years back... zig-zaggued across, and i remember that we were under the impression, that we were always hungry, and always eating, spent hours at the table, ...it was so delectable...every village has its specialty... it's carved in...taste is addicting...

Edited by Pinip

a little something to balance out my fries and mayo:

img3863q.jpg

went down pretty good with some valpolicella

is it spinach salad with tomatoes and feta or blue cheese with rice (basmati or rissoto... not minute rice ?! :-( and i suspect fish... looks like salmon with lemon ? ...very healthy...#... sorry i'm still traumitized by the hamburger... bon appetit !!

Edited by Pinip

Well, I took B's lead tonight, although I found out after the fact that we didnt have any burger buns,

I started with some bacon,

DSC00252.jpg

Then 5 star premium beef mince, chilli, garlic, onion & green capsicum, once I had pan fried the burgers, I topped them with some good old cheddar cheese (don't like the idea of blue cheese :ill: )

DSC00253.jpg

This was followed with an egg (its an aussie thing) & some oven roasted green capsicum

DSC00254.jpg

I then followed up with some fresh tomato & lettuce, topped with a little bit of mayo. With a side of fries.

DSC00256-1.jpg

No red wine here, was accompanied by a JD & Max.

Overall, this was one of the best burgers I have had, fresh everything, just enough chilli to give it a sting, but not too hot that you couldn't enjoy it.

Well, I took B's lead tonight, although I found out after the fact that we didnt have any burger buns,

I started with some bacon,

DSC00252.jpg

Then 5 star premium beef mince, chilli, garlic, onion & green capsicum, once I had pan fried the burgers, I topped them with some good old cheddar cheese (don't like the idea of blue cheese :ill: )

DSC00253.jpg

This was followed with an egg (its an aussie thing) & some oven roasted green capsicum

DSC00254.jpg

I then followed up with some fresh tomato & lettuce, topped with a little bit of mayo. With a side of fries.

DSC00256-1.jpg

No red wine here, was accompanied by a JD & Max.

Overall, this was one of the best burgers I have had, fresh everything, just enough chilli to give it a sting, but not too hot that you couldn't enjoy it.

wat is JD & Max. ?

How I make burgers 99.99% of the time. Only time they see a pan is if the gas on the grill ran out.

Yeah, BBQ's and burgers are synonymous as far as I know. :D

Burgers in a pan aren't bad but the flavour is significantly different from the 'cue. Actually, the first I had pan-fried hamburger patties was in Japan, topped with cheese and smothered in mushroom gravy. It's quite a common "Western" dish and is known as Hamburg Steak. For an apparently Western dish, it was news to me. :lol:

Jack Daniels & Pepsi Max

Mah... i should have guessed... :stickwack:

talking about burger...i have seen (in the movie Australia, ) they were eating Kangoorou... seemingly, they aren't on the interminable list of endangered species... i imagine it is eatable... what's the taste like ?...have you ever tried kangoorou burger mouahaha !!

Edited by Pinip

DOH!! Still, you were resourceful and overcame the hurdle... :D

Yeah, I still don't get the egg thing, but hey, I haven't tried it... :shrug:

Capsicum? I'm guessing a bell pepper? Mild green chili perhaps?

And that is what matters... :beer:

I havent had kangaroo myself, but have been told it is good.

I'd give it a go!! If it was good enough, I'd buy a rifle and a freezer... :D

B

Its definitely and Aussie thing, even our version of Burger King (Hungry Jacks here), has what is called an Aussie burger, which has an egg in it

Capsicum? I'm guessing a bell pepper?

:aok:

Spot on

The reason they are a pest in some places is cos your not aloud to shoot them, unless you have a farm and get the right permit. I've never been into shooting, never had a gun, although I was going to drive around Aus at one stage (was a drunk weekned when a mate and I were planning it, didn't ever get off the ground. If we went I would have picked up a rifle.

DOH!! Still, you were resourceful and overcame the hurdle... :D

Capsicum? I'm guessing a bell pepper? Mild green chili perhaps?

And that is what matters... :beer:

B

...i knew it !!!... i would have bet you'd bite into the bate ...mouhahaha... foodwise :-)... I'd give it a go too

Edited by Pinip

So, last weekend the GF asked what was for dinner, so I said "Uberburgers??". She was all for it so I went to town...

The ingredients (my insistence is for the lowest fat content pulped bovine I can find):

Hey Dave, I put the egg on the inside!! :D

Burger3001.jpg

The Patties and assorted accessories:

Burger3003.jpg

Prepped and ready to go (garlic seperated for me):

Burger3006.jpg

The beauties all dressed up, except for...

Burger3009.jpg

The cheeze that the GF requested!! (the last of the gorgonzola)

Burger3010.jpg

And of course some avocado and... more cheese!! :D

Those are baked sweet potato fries in the back ground. They don't need ketchup... ;)

Burger3013.jpg

The last picture I have of the lovely couple before they were devoured by animals....

Burger3016.jpg

RIP

B

...What was that garlic juice bottle ?... and you don't have moutarde de Dijon ? lol ...well !! you got to kill that Swine bacon with something !! :ar15:

Edited by Pinip

The garlic juice bottle is a bottle of garlic juice... Cold pressed garlic juice with no preservatives and a pump spray top. A must for any cook!! Need a bottle?? :D

Yes, I have 2 types of Dijon mustard, but I don't think it goes with the flavor of the burger. I prefer it on sandwiches and with sausage... :shrug:

B

The garlic juice bottle is a bottle of garlic juice... Cold pressed garlic juice with no preservatives and a pump spray top. A must for any cook!! Need a bottle?? :D

Yes, I have 2 types of Dijon mustard, but I don't think it goes with the flavor of the burger. I prefer it on sandwiches and with sausage... :shrug:

B

that's technology... never heard of sprayed garlic juice before...i'm from the old school... and the best mustard i ever got my hands on was Amora... but i guess they don't import anymore... this one would go right up your nostril...

Good job B, now I'm hungry. I am going to see if I can find some garlic in a bottle, never seen it over here.

...a little shot or two in the mouth... no more Swine flu and nobody around you 10 feet around !!

BTW, how'd that SPF's turn out?

:scratchhead:

Good job B, now I'm hungry. I am going to see if I can find some garlic in a bottle, never seen it over here.

:D My pleasure!! :bow:

This is the stuff and I can find it in local stores, although at first I had to buy it on line. I can't describe how good and handy it is, especially for garlic bread, marinades and directly spraying on meats (BBQ !!).

http://www.garlicvalleyfarms.com/product1.html

If you can't find where to get it, I'd happily ship you a couple of bottles at cost...

(seriously, I swear by it!!)

...a little shot or two in the mouth... no more Swine flu and nobody around you 10 feet around !!

I use it as deoderant spray and mouthwash...

Here is something you have to read before you take the stinky herb attitude... ;)

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-garlic-juice.htm

http://ezinearticles.com/?Benefits-Of-Garl...e&id=117059

:beer:

B

:scratchhead:

:D My pleasure!! :bow:

This is the stuff and I can find it in local stores, although at first I had to buy it on line. I can't describe how good and handy it is, especially for garlic bread, marinades and directly spraying on meats (BBQ !!).

http://www.garlicvalleyfarms.com/product1.html

If you can't find where to get it, I'd happily ship you a couple of bottles at cost...

(seriously, I swear by it!!)

I use it as deoderant spray and mouthwash...

Here is something you have to read before you take the stinky herb attitude... ;)

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-garlic-juice.htm

http://ezinearticles.com/?Benefits-Of-Garl...e&id=117059

:beer:

B

Interesting i must admit... i personnaly eat garlic like i bite into oignons like an apple... but i make sure, my agenda of the evening doesn't implicate any one else...after the meal...although i love the smell and the taste of garlic... i do not use it as deodorant... i don't speak much, so it doesn't smell much when i shut it... but i love the smell of garlic from somebody else... i have been around, in my youth, with big everything italian mama with square teeth smelling garlic...

... but in the subway (no more Path !), I try to avoid this type of deodorant ( unless i really want to sit down :rofl: )...

about that garlic in spray, i imagine that you must refrigerate it... ?

Edited by Pinip