Sway bar disconnectors

DavefromOZ

Wanted to keep my sway bar on as the missus likes to drive the truck and tryin to get her to not drive it like a sports car would be too hard. So I had the boys at work machine me up a set of disconnectors using solid 16mm & 25mm 304g stainless. Original hangers were cut down & threaded, then the 16mm parts were tig welded to the shafts, I still have to get some heavy duty shock cord to stop it from dropping too far. They can easily be disconnected & reconnected in seconds without having to get under the truck.

This is the finished product in the back of the truck

apart.jpg

Installed but disconnected.

disconnected.jpg

Then reconnected.

connected.jpg

Overall I am pretty happy with them.

You just saved me alot of thinking, if you don't mind the fact I want to steal your setup for myself as well.

Go for it, the forum is here for us to share ideas/information. I will post drawings up later today, need to get them changed from the original design.

the alternative is buying some diconnects already made from 4x4 parts...

as far as keeping it from hangin low I was gonna use shock limit straps

True, 4x4parts has some, but at US$105 plus what ever to get it sent to me, I figured it was better to do my own, didnt cost me anything and I would say stronger too.

Who wants to buy what they can make themselves!!! Just carry some zip ties and wire cutters for keeping stuff from dangling when disconnected. Pretty sure most of the trucks on here that leave the paved path have soem hidden somewhere anyway.

In all reallity you only need to disconnect one side, as the bar will just move freely with the side it remains attached to, no worry about anything dangling/dragging.

X2. People always buy 1 more disconnect than they need.