Where are all the OZies

Cyril

Hi guys new to the site and new To 4x4ing all together.. From Rockhampton QLD.. Recently bought a 1987 wd21 pathfinder 2 door body. Completely stock atm. But wanting to put a lift under it and chuck some 31's on it. Do you guys know how to put a lift under it?. I went to my local suspension dealers and say they can give me a 2 inch lift in the rear but only a 30 or 40 mm lift in the front, because of a bar that stops the torsion bars winding up. Just asking if this is true. Also if it isnt can you guys supply me links with 2inch kits for pathfinder please thanks anyway. Pics will be up soon as well.

Daniel

G'day Daniel, if you want a cheap 2" lift, you could just do a body lift, very easy to do. We did mine in about 4 hours with a few bourbons and plenty of chattin going on, only cost me 15 bucks because I had the blocks made up at work. If you want to do a suspension lift, try https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/pathfinder-deluxe-suspension-package-with-rs9000xl-shocks-p-1627.html this is a true 3" lift according to the website, or there are a few options to change the springs in the rear and you could crack the torsion bars.

Dont let the suspension mob fool ya, mine has a suspension lift of approx 2-3", then has a 2" body lift under it too, so it can be done.

Thanks Dave you have been the most helpful person so far. Is there any where in australia i can buy the lift from? Im not interested in a body lift atm just want a suspension lift 1st so i can throw some 31's under it

Thanks Dave you have been the most helpful person so far. Is there any where in australia i can buy the lift from? Im not interested in a body lift atm just want a suspension lift 1st so i can throw some 31's under it

Ironman do a Pathy kit, they say 30mm, but given yours is an 87 its almost guaranteed it has sagged a bit so you will see roughly 2" GAIN. you should be able to run 31's stock as they were an option on some models. Check out the link below for the Ironman kit

http://www.ironmandealer.com.au/pathfinderterrano.htm

Not sure of the laws up thier but a call to your local RTA will tell you if a lift needs to be engineered to keep it legal for insurance reasons as each state is different .

Generally you just wind up the front Torsion bars a bit or get heavy duty one's to help with any extra weight over the front . For the rear most companies like Lovells , tough dog , ironman will have a spring to suit what you want to carry or tow or for the terrain you like to drive .

31's will fit under a 40mm lift .

Do you know the offset of your rims to see if it fowl the body on full lock ?

Hi there fellas after a trouble free 100k kms the auto g/box has decided to pack it in.

I did oil and filter changes and an oil cooler but still it cooked the oil and then started slipping in 2nd gear.

Contemplating getting it fixed anyone know of a wothwhile place in Perth that will do a good job and know what there on about with these box's

Also how about getting it shift kitted while its there ideas opinions much appreciated

Thx

Addz

Hi there fellas after a trouble free 100k kms the auto g/box has decided to pack it in.

I did oil and filter changes and an oil cooler but still it cooked the oil and then started slipping in 2nd gear.

Contemplating getting it fixed anyone know of a wothwhile place in Perth that will do a good job and know what there on about with these box's

Also how about getting it shift kitted while its there ideas opinions much appreciated

Thx

Addz

Not good Addz, looks like Im in for a clutch myself, still going, but sure isnt well. Only gearbox place I know of is the one in rockingham, I did a few days work there as a temp, the guy who ran it then was a good bloke, but not sure if hes still around. I know terranoNZ did a gearbox rebuild with shift kit, I'll see if I can find the thread.

Shift kit install

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23830

Yeah not good but its the first time its been rebuilt in 250k kms so i guess its pretty due given the amount of beach work it does. Tho thought the cooler and regular filter changes would have kept it goin.

Still no wiser for where to take it, gotten quotes from a few places from $1500 up to $4500 :/ ahhhhhh someone even wanted $500 just to drop the pan and have a look lmfao 5hrs labour to drop the pan ????

There has to have been some Perth ppl havin it done on here ??? Wonder where and how well it went

oh well keep lookin at least it still drivable, might ask on the forum what it would be if its slippin in 2nd bands etc ???

thx

oh and

Go the Ozzy for truck of the month

I should be getting a new clutch in the next couple of weeks, hopefully at trade cost. Then just have to figure out how & when to change it. Where the bloody hell is Matt when I need him.

hello. sorry guys havnt been on for a bit. still feeling sorry i lost the terrano. it still @!*%s me. but my 11 year old son has been given a holden rodeo 4x4 so im in the middle of fixing that for the moment to get me back out 4wdriving. but been missing this site. still havnt got the net and i have to move again soon so hopefully will have it on in the new place. A big welcome to the newbies. good to see a fellow queenslander. if youre ever in brissy look me up. body lifts are a piece of piss. i think i done 5 of them in perth for me and the boys there. ill catch up soon. Matt

• 3 weeks later...

G'Day All ,

Haven't been here for a bit as the new job is takeing up lots of my time , how's everyone been ?

What new job mate? Havent spoken to you for a while, might give you a call tomorrow after work

The new job is Maintenance Team Leader . 13 men ( fitters and eleco's ) and about 250 Million in machinery . So it's been keeping me very busy ( work mobile - bloody thing ) days nights and weekends . Went to the Hunter Valley Caravan camping and boat show yesterday which was good but still got 2 calls to deal with crap at work .

Will try and be on here a bit more and if not abuse over the phone Dave .

Nick , it's good to see a R50 having a go . Nice pics .

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Dave, getting the car back.

Nick ' date=' it's good to see a R50 having a go . Nice pics . [/quote']

Cyril, it was the longest, deep crossing I have done. I would not be heading back up there to play around in it. It would be different with a full gas tank underneath as the car would not tend to drift downstream along the way. Was fun but I didn't have time to enjoy the scenery as you normally would.

We went for a 4wd picnic last weekend with 4x4earth forum. Took the Commodore, till someone said, "let's go for a quick drive". 3.5hrs later. 1 bog-holed GU requiring winching out and fan belt reinstall, some rock steps that I normally wouldn't bother doing as there was far from enough clearance. 45cm high steps! You know when you sit at the start of a track and take a deep breath before proceeding (you do don't you, it's not just me) Well, the top of the rock steps was the 2nd on this drive for me! No appearant damage to vehicle, haven't been underneath yet.

http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/trips-gatherings/7144-joks-bbq-pics-quick-1hr-drive.html

Might take the muddies off for the winter rest, wont get much driving in before spring.

We have a huge gathering in the High Country in November if you guys are interested? There is no public post yet, I will let you know when there is one if you are interested. I'm on the organising committee. We had about 50 odd cars last year.

Nick

I have a fully functioning truck again, they didnt reset my T-bars (they left the front 100mm lower than the rears), so I went around to new member Bradh79's place last night and used his tools to do it. Is actually pretty damn easy to do, still needs a little tweaking, but is heaps more level.