Where are all the OZies

Cyril

Have been tempted to run two for the extra air , and the mates recons i should do it . Why don't you do it Matt and i'll see if it looks crap or good . lol .

i was going to do it to run the intercooler of one instaed of putting in a scoupe

I stopped to help out a chicky babe and her boy the other night on the side of the road near our place. We are in the country so you know when people aren't stopped on the side of the road for the fun of it.

It was an oldish Range Rover with a delaminated tyre. He didn't have a clue. He did manage to find the wheel brace and fit it to the nuts and the jack was under and lifted.

Apart from the odd truck tyre on the side of the road, I haven't seen a car tyre do that before. The whole tread was off the tyre and it stuffed the back of the Rangie on the way out!!

I had a fridge full of cold bottled water in the car for the following days hay pickup in the paddock. They thought I was god when I offered them some as it was in the 30Cs temp. They must have pent ages trying to get the nuts undone. They looked stuffed!

Nick

hope everyone had a great xmas. I spent the day moving into my own joint so i wont be on here much till the i net is conected. But hope everyone has a great new year hoping all is better for everyone here. Great friends and family.

We did Matt , the usual stuff happened and now were gearing upfor New Years eve , but it's supposed to rain here so the beach camp might have to be canned .

Been busy doing this for the last 2 days . A 2.8 out and a 4.2 into the GQ Patrol .

Front diff out

Gregsconv1048.jpg

4.2 starting to go in

Gregsconv1058.jpg

Gregsconv1069.jpg

The Mate sh!ting himself

Gregsconv1061.jpg

Almost in

Gregsconv1075.jpg

Here's what we have been doing. We went up to Licola at the south side of the Victorian High Country over the New Year.

Where do you post trip reports round here? Also, how many images can you have on a post?

nye2.jpg

Heading out on Dingo Hill Tk

nye3.jpg

The scenery is typical of the High Country

nye4.jpg

Some of the tracks were quite over grown as they have been closed since the 2006/2007 fires, mudslides and floods that devastated the area.

nye6.jpg

Justin crossing one of many river crossings along the way

nye7.jpg

Yours truly

nye11.jpg

Caledonia River Tk - overgrown.

nye12.jpg

Craig under a high obstacle across the track.

After about 10mm of rain overnight, we all headed out for an easy drive to take in some bush huts in the area. It certainly helped to keep the dust on the tracks down, but also turned the river very muddy and cooler which stayed that way until we left on Sunday.

nye16.jpg

McMichaels Hut. Quite a large area with a nice river closeby.

nye17.jpg

Howitt Hut - we stopped here for lunch. Many other cars did the same while we were there.

nye18.jpg

It was eiry driving back through the low clouds.

Hope your New Years Eve was as nice as ours. Thanks to our friends who helped with the great time.

Nick

Looks like a top trip Nick , got to love the High Country .

I think it's around the 6 / 7 pics , have had trouble also with too many pics but thought it might be the pic size that stopped me posting more . You can always just do it in sections with say 6 pics then another add reply and another 6 pics .

Trip Reports : Here in the Oz section , Pics and Video's , Members Rides .

Went for a run today up the beach to put the GQ / GU project through it's paces and everything went perfect . YEH .

A couple of pics .

Tin City

060110005.jpg

Anti Tank Devices .

060110011.jpg

No worries bud, thinking I am going to have to get my a$$ onto the beach now, see if I can get a decent shot.

It's a good idea as you can't really stuff it up . Still trying to learn how to use my canon eos :headwall: .

Hey Cyril

What's your EOS? Mine is a Powershot S5Is. Great little camera, does almost everything, except for multiple shots per second. I can't really justify a DSLR and 2 or 3 lenses. One of the guys that came away had a Canon 3D with about 4 different Canon lenses - Awesome!!

Nick