Where are all the OZies

Cyril

been bloody quiet round here. whats happening peoples.

Howdy Matt , been flat out working , 4bying , buying stuff and building stuff .

hey Cyril, where did your 2dr 3.8 Pathy go?

I'm guessing it's from the pic above with the Navara , that's a mates brothers and was here for a front Lockright Locker install .

Here's mine .

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

The Mate bought me this for the help on his Patrol . GME CB .

IMG_1770.jpg

And an interchangeable aerial with 3db and 6db .

IMG_1769.jpg

A new 16mm 16 speed drill and cut off saw to make stuff

IMG_1766.jpg

ARB tyre plug repair kit

IMG_1771.jpg

This bar is for the auto elec's Patrol , it's not finished yet .

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

I didnt go through all 66 pages of this thread, just read a couple and tacked on the end.

I'm here from West Gippsland in Victoria.

Commonly known as Nickj on PCOA and 4x4Earth forums.

I see a few familiar names here.

Nick

Edited by Nickj

Welcome Nick , another east coast OZie to the site . :welcome:

Cyril, did you end up taking on those sliders for the R50? Let us know how they go.

Dave , yeh i've taken the job on but the metal supplier can't get the thickness on the RHS i want . So still looking . Been sick this week so the mojo has'nt been to high . Will send another email to the engineer about a crush zone . It's a good size job to do with it being a monocoupe chassis .

I'm loaded with work for the rest of this year ,

*finish the front bar for the auto elec

*Jasun's R50 sliders

*Doing a complete chassis strip from a GU Turbo Diesel 4.2 into a 2.8 GQ Patrol ,ie - motor g/box transfer diffs suspension

*and maintain my 38hr normal job

So will try in Jan Dave for 2 sets for me and you and anyone else who wants them .

Hey Cyril

Hmmmm, R50 Sliders! I am about to tackle a set myself for my R50 with the view of making a couple of sets if they turn out ok. I've got lots of pics of a production set on someone's car and I think I have enough to go on with. I would be interested to see yours when they are done, although i may have mine done before then. I have damaged my drivers sill for the 2nd time and don't want to do it again, or at least have some protection.. First time was $3800 repairs and the second time $1000. I plan to use 50mm x 5mm square tube with 40mm x 5mm supports. Would have liked to use the OEM step mounts but I don't think they are strong enough.

Yeah Dave, I did recognise the name and the Terry too.

Nick

Hey Cyril

Hmmmm, R50 Sliders! I am about to tackle a set myself for my R50 with the view of making a couple of sets if they turn out ok. I've got lots of pics of a production set on someone's car and I think I have enough to go on with. I would be interested to see yours when they are done, although i may have mine done before then. I have damaged my drivers sill for the 2nd time and don't want to do it again, or at least have some protection.. First time was $3800 repairs and the second time $1000. I plan to use 50mm x 5mm square tube with 40mm x 5mm supports. Would have liked to use the OEM step mounts but I don't think they are strong enough.

Yeah Dave, I did recognise the name and the Terry too.

Nick

Your right about the step mounts thier not very strong but the engineers designed them to be the best stress points for a monocoupe chassis . 50 x 5mm SQ for the slide section with the same back to the body with 6mm plate as the body support with 32NB pipe as a side protector / step . Jasun dropped the OME side steps off today so will model plates similar to these but with extra bits for strenght .

The chassis will bend before the sliders will .

Matt you now the Warrigal area ,

Had the pleasure of a snow 4by at mount Baw Baw and a 10 day 4by at the Big River area .

nah mate lived there when i was a kid. done the mountain bike thing across mt baw baw. but that was when i was in grade 9 and 10. @!*% that was ages ago. still got friends there though from high school.

3 days of beach fishing. and maybe kill a rodeo.... hahahahaha

Love beach fishin , and for 3 days take plenty of food and :beer: . You could always turn it on it's roof and polish it .lol .

Love beach fishin , and for 3 days take plenty of food and :beer: . You could always turn it on it's roof and polish it .lol .

ill just burn the bloody thing. but not expecting to catch much though

well im a little shocked. The boss is letting me take his 4by up the beach this weekend. 2008 hilux with all the mod cons. be good to see how it goes on the beach. Ill post pics on monday. Have a great weekend all. Not shure if ill have reception out there or not.

Cyril

I will be very interested in seeing the finished R50 sliders. There are so may people on PCOA looking for some including myself. Like you, I just got to find the time and money atm.

I live about 25km from Warragul in a very small town clled Heath Hill. Perched up on a north facing hill, we can see Mt Baw Baw to the east and Westernport Bay to the west with Bunyip State Forest in front of us.

Actually, we were up in Walhalla area 2 weekends ago. Heres a link to my trip reports if you interested.

http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/trips-gatherings/5103-saturday-trip-report-jericho-tunnel-otooles-09-team-nickj.html

and

http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/trips-gatherings/5104-sunday-trip-report-deep-creek-1-tk-otooles-09-team-nickj.html

Hope you enjoy them.

Nick

Edited by Nickj

The steel is here , it's 50 x 5 SQ full lenght / 40 x 4 SQ 2.6mtrs / 32NB 3.2mm wall full lenght / and a couple of 45 degreee elbows and a mtr of 6mm plate .

A full length of 50x5! Is that 6 or 6.5m? Do you run one for the slider and one to butt up beside the pinch weld? Maybe you have some left over I'm thinking. I was thinking of running 50x25 along side the pinch weld on its end.

Maybe yr plans are different to mine.

Nick

A full length of 50x5! Is that 6 or 6.5m? Do you run one for the slider and one to butt up beside the pinch weld? Maybe you have some left over I'm thinking. I was thinking of running 50x25 along side the pinch weld on its end.

Maybe yr plans are different to mine.

Nick

8 mtrs of square and 6.5 of tube . The sq will run on the outside of the body seam with the tube welded to the outside of that to protect the outer edge of the sill and act as a step . Will have half the steel left over , but customer will only pay for what he uses . It seems my plans are different but there's not to many different ways to make them . When these are finished the 4by will twist before the sliders will .