Stuck Til Spring?

foxtrot044

So I was out wheelin the other night. Got stuck up in foot and a half of snow and bottomed out on ice. 300+ft off the road and down a really steep hill. Spent 18 hrs yesterday working on getting it out with no change at all. Got a diesel ram on 38 swampers stuck and a rubicon on 35 with a winch stuck 2 both trying to get me out. Of course his brand new warn 9500 winch broke. Did i mention my pathy is stock with 31 mudders. The dodge with the 38's wasnt doing any better than my pathy:) Got a towing company coming to check it out but they arent sure if they will be able to do it or not. So ill post up some pics later let y'all see whats up. Wish me luck guys.

good luck with this... I know the feeling...but luckily for me i was not in an as bad situation as yours... still the feeling is not funny....

For the winch, this is classic.. one more reason why i'm going with MileMarker Hydraulic...

Some kid in here did something like this a few weeks ago. Took a STOCK 2007 silverado, drove it into this mudhole that i wouldnt go through unless i had a truck with 40"+ tires, lockers and some serious power. anyway, he buried it to the frame, then it went down to like -20. They had to use a groomer to pull it out of the hole after cutting out the ice from around the frame & tires with a chainsaw. safe to say his frame got bent to @!*% in the process.

Ok so good and bad news. Good news is, the truck is out and in great running condition. The bad is im now out $700. I have a couple pictures but they dont really do the situation justice but at least itll give everyone a chance to check out my sweet ride. lol. Oh and as for the kid with the Silverado, that sux! okay, so I just tried to upload the pictures but they are too big. Any advice for posting them without really changing the sizes n stuff?

1. photobucket is your frined

2. Depending on the situation $700 bill from the wrecker company is justifiable (yo uknow what it costs to insure them? let alone buy, correctly register-not just slap a pickup plate on it,fuel, maintain, pay someone who actually correctly and saftly knows how to run and operate one?)

3. good you got out unscaithed

1. photobucket is your frined

2. Depending on the situation $700 bill from the wrecker company is justifiable (yo uknow what it costs to insure them? let alone buy, correctly register-not just slap a pickup plate on it,fuel, maintain, pay someone who actually correctly and saftly knows how to run and operate one?)

3. good you got out unscaithed

did any of the vehicles air down their tires? the guys that snow wheel around her run in way deeper snow and rarely get stuck, they all run bead locks and air down to around 5 psi...

x3. that doesn't look like a $700 stuck situation. I am with bitemedoughboy on the air down. Get yourself one of those little air compressors that runs on the cigarette lighter. If you get stuck let most of the air out of the tires and when you drive away from the hole, air them back up.

Edited by Indigent

Got a diesel ram on 38 swampers stuck and a rubicon on 35 with a winch stuck

naw we didnt air down the tires. They both thought they knew everything so didnt feel like the needed to

:laugh:

Edited by sw

He said he was on ice and the pathfinder is a light truck compared to other trucks and dont go far on ice with hard rubber MT tires. Ive bin in 3 feet of powder but once u stop and hit ice it could be very hard to get out. The pictures dont do it any justice but do they ever?

Airing down the tires and never stopping inthe deep stuff would help though. I drive in through couple feet of snow for 6 months of the year and the pathfinder goes so far with even crappy tires on. Get a jackall as well. Its saved my ass a couple times.

Mate, ice or no ice - put her in 4x4 low and ease it on and you should be good... I had to do that once when backing out of a parking spot at the college appt I was at when an ice storm left 2 inches of solid ice on the ground... and my parking spot was around a 15* incline to back out of.

Incidentally, I was one of five students to get to class that day... three in my truck and a friend and his buddy (friend drove a Bronco 2 w/ studded tires)

A Pathfinder isn't THAT light. Curb on a WD is about 4000 lbs.

Take this however you will, but I don't mean any disrespect. You and your friends obviously have no idea what you're doing, so please, save the entire 4x4 community some grief and go wheeling with people who do and get some experience/knowledge under your belt, so that this doesn't happen again. You wouldn't have gotten stuck if you had any inkling what you were doing and aired your tires down to even 20psi.

The Warn 9500 winch, depending on which one it is, but I'm guessing it is either the 9.5XP or the 9.5TI, are the number one and two rated winches under 10,000lbs. There is absolutely NO reason that it should have broken, unless it was used improperly, or very badly neglected. See point above.