My obsession with Nissan vehicles...

tekazgtr1984

What's up everyone?

Being a NPORA member these last few months, I've come to feel part of a really unique and exciting phenomenon in regards to Nissan fans and 4x4 enthusiasts. To some degree or another, each of us adore the Pathfinder (therefore Nissan) as well as other Nissan vehicles, and we all enjoy making the most of our experience wheelin' in our rigs.

I've had my R50 since April of this year, and in that time I've come to love it in just about every way, modifying it to suit my interests and my day-to-day needs (the former easily takes precdence however). Owning a Nissan for the first time has also peaked my interest in Nissan vehicles, especially the trucks. In all honesty, I've been a die-hard Nissan fan since I was a no-good adolescent: with the launch of the Gran Turismo series back in '98 (same year as my Pathy!), I fell into a deep obsession with Nissan's JDM line-up, specifically the Skyline GT-R and Silvia... Back then, nothing was cooler than getting 930+ horses out of a R33 GT-R V-Spec and rippin' it on Special Stage R11. Ahhh, memories...

But I digress... the reason I'm bringing up GT is for the sole fact as to how much of an impact it had on car enthusiasm. Take a look at GT5 Prologue now and it's practically real life. Serious R&D which, for over a decade, actually helped design Japan's latest (and second in production terms) supercar: the beastly GT-R. That makes me wonder: if a 4x4 game of this calibre existed, would there be a similar result? Would we see a production Pathfinder capable of handling serious off-road duties but still function as a day-to-day city driver? Or a 'supertruck' in the form of a Nissan Titan? Considering the benefits of CAD (computer-assisted design), wouldn't it be just as beneficial to have a off-roading simulation game? Imagine a Gran Turismo 4x4 edition...

The speed and excitement of mud racing, the technique and meticulousness of rock-crawling and hill-climbing, the endurance and calculation of rally expeditions... It's seriously mind-boggling such a game has not yet been made. I can't afford to own all the toys I want (the list is stupid long) and having a game like GT has at least allowed for some idea how it feels to drive a GT-R... The same would be cool for a jacked-up Titan rollin' on 40" mudders and tearing sh*t up.

Anyhoo, forgive me for the lengthy post... Just wondering if anyone else has ever thought of this. It would be boss for this dream to become a reality.

Edited by tekazgtr1984

i have a playstation2 offroad game that has a 1989-1995 pathfinder in the lineup..... i thinks its called ATVoffroad fury 4

I will hit up EB games to look for this tomorrow! :jig:

Yeah, I've played a few "4x4 simulation games" and only one of them has had any nissans, and they were the xterra and frontier..

4x4 evo & 4x4 evo 2 by terminal reality.

I got addicted to the 2nd one for a while, the gfx are kinda weak but they have frontiers & nissans and you can race for stillen and install a sitllen prototype supercharger.... and other teams have their bonuses too!

Did "Dirt" have any specific vehicles besides Subarus?

As a matter of fact, Dirt is probably the latest entry which really only skims the surface of the 4x4 truck category. It's predominantly a rally car game; there are, however, a few trucks available in the Rally Raid category, and only one from Nissan: the Frontier. Dirt is easily the pinnacle in terms of games in the off-road category and it is a pure blast to play; it does leave me wanting way more. There is no actual modification/customization in terms of parts and upgrades; the tuning is pretty in-depth which is good.

But I'm talking a game where you can choose from dozens of real-life 4x4 rigs and modify and tune them for numerous off-road events, where speed isn't always the way to win (Need for Speed ain't my cup o' tea) and some actual vehicle knowledge makes the difference. I'm wondering if CodeMasters (the makers of Dirt and Grid) have thought about this because their two latest racing entries are excellent games.

It would be pretty sweet to immortalize my R50 by being able to use it in a video game. It be equally sweet to mod a Patrol... they aren't available in Canada.

Yeah, the closest to that was the 4x4 EVO I&II. What was lacking in those (besides needing a wider range of vehicles and styles) was the terrain to be more reactive. The terrain was "pretty" for a game of the time those were made, but nothing really changed unless you drove through mud, but even then it didn't develop ruts, just slowed you down and gave a splash animation.

It would be nice to see something that took into account the actual dynamics of suspension systems and such like a GT game, or schooled you in how to drive like a GT game does.

It would be nice to see something that took into account the actual dynamics of suspension systems and such like a GT game, or schooled you in how to drive like a GT game does.

Agreed! Maybe the makers of Dirt will stumble across this thread and that'll get the ball rolling.

Or a petition!! Hehe

http://www.theeasyco.com/projects.html <------ Motorm4x

Probably the closest thing I've seen that really focused on offroading, it just came out, however, it was developed by a small company so its only for PC and the graphics aren't near that of GT5. But I played the demo and thouht it was alot of fun. The environments are huge, and you can customize several parts of the car, though there are no actually "real" vehicles, they are all made to look like ones that exist.

Gaming designers and companies are all about making money. The ammount of people that are interested in 4x4ing isn't nearly as large as the ammount of people that just like to race fast pimped out cars. Sure, the people that like to 4x4, chew mud, rock crawl and hillclimb are going to play these games, either because they're amazing anyway, or there are no other games that suit their driving style. People that like playing games that are all about high end high hp tuners wont play specific 4x4 games... in my opinion.

I believe it's all about money, and making a specific 4x4 game wouldn't yield nearly the same ammount of profit as say GT, NFS and such.

Just my opinion though. I'd dig a 4x4 game though.

I gave up on NFS games when they went ghetto with the "tuner" crap. #3 was the last one I bought. I'm sorry, but if I'm buing a racing game I want a Lambo or Ferrari etc. for what I'm racing around in, not a pink Honda Civic.

I've been more into the Burnout series as of late. Let out a little frustration by seeing how big of a wreck you can cause is always a good thing!

Wow I guess im not the only one!! Lately I've been looking for the same thing you are. As mentioned earlier the only game that comes close is 4x4 Evo which has a R50 Pathfinder and Xterra. It has a nice selection of vehicles however I wish you could do some slow speed off-roading instead of speeding down a dirt road.

i have a playstation2 offroad game that has a 1989-1995 pathfinder in the lineup..... i thinks its called ATVoffroad fury 4

Makes me want to disconnect the ps3 and hook the ps2 back up, have the game but have yet to even play it(dam you ps3 and your online deathmatches on gta!)

Makes me want to disconnect the ps3 and hook the ps2 back up, have the game but have yet to even play it(dam you ps3 and your online deathmatches on gta!)

Did you buy the 40gig? My 80gig model will play PS1&PS2 games.

No obviously "Nissan" copies, but Motorstorm is pretty good for an offroad racer.

• 3 months later...
http://www.theeasyco.com/projects.html <------ Motorm4x

Probably the closest thing I've seen that really focused on offroading, it just came out, however, it was developed by a small company so its only for PC and the graphics aren't near that of GT5. But I played the demo and thouht it was alot of fun. The environments are huge, and you can customize several parts of the car, though there are no actually "real" vehicles, they are all made to look like ones that exist.

I'm wondering if it'd be possible to download the cracked version, and load it on to the PS3 HDD and make it playable...?

Better yet, maybe it'll get ported over the console world... :scratchhead:

Did you buy the 40gig? My 80gig model will play PS1&PS2 games.

No obviously "Nissan" copies, but Motorstorm is pretty good for an offroad racer.

Motorstorm is excellent, as is Pacific Rift; both really arcade-inlfuenced, though. I'm more of a simulation-based racing enthusiast myself; I am not much of a speed demon. :lol:

And I made sure to pick up a PS3 that plays both PSOne and PS2 games. :aok:

Motorstorm is excellent, as is Pacific Rift; both really arcade-inlfuenced, though. I'm more of a simulation-based racing enthusiast myself; I am not much of a speed demon. :lol:

I agree there, but I doubt there will be a rock crawling, mud running, trail riding simulation that isn't time/speed based. Why 99% of the games these days are spray and pray FPS games, kids can't think anymore, so the technical stuff bores them.

I agree there, but I doubt there will be a rock crawling, mud running, trail riding simulation that isn't time/speed based. Why 99% of the games these days are spray and pray FPS games, kids can't think anymore, so the technical stuff bores them.

Damn kids... :lol:

I want an off-road sim!!! :D

And I bet if they didn't have sh*t games like NFS to ruin these kids' perception of reality they'd come to appreciate simulation games for the realism and effort required, and consequently, the enjoyment offered by these types of games. :happy:

BTW, that MOTORM4X looks pretty sweet. :aok:

I'm wondering if it'd be possible to download the cracked version, and load it on to the PS3 HDD and make it playable...?

Better yet, maybe it'll get ported over the console world... :scratchhead:

Nope. OK maybe if you install Linux on your PS3 and then use Wine to play it, but at that point you'd just be better off hooking up your PC to your TV.

And I made sure to pick up a PS3 that plays both PSOne and PS2 games. :aok:

I'v got an early 60gig model. Hardware PS2 emulation :D

There is a new game coming out called fuel, it looks awesome. Cool storyline...

This one screamer 4x4 looks amazing, especially the physics, at the start i thought it was real for a second

there are also some impressive russian PC offroad games

this one says it wasnt released but you can get it free

this game looks amazing

this one looks interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcQJ_6KF9zw...feature=related

Edited by slade420

this one says it wasnt released but you can get it free

That is EVO II. I have the PC version around here someplace, AC actually has advertising in it.

That last one you posted does look good, the rock crawling looks better than any I have seen to date. Still looks kind of simplistic graphicly though.

i want to buy an xbox360 just to play "dirt" i am still stuck with my old trusty PS2 (on a 40" LCD HDTV - what a shame!)

howvere that stuff is MONEY and im hesitant to spend $350+ just to rot my brains out

someone mentioned that "Dirt" is made by codemasters - is this true??? I have an old PS2 game called "colin mcrae rally" and its made by codemasters, its OK for an old game but the fact that i have to spend money on their website for cheat codes unique to my disc, is LAME!!! Did they do this with dirt??? (unique codes for every disc so the codes cant be spread on the internet)

Dirt is endorsed by Colin McRae and created by Codemasters. It is essentially the same as CM Rally on the PS2. If you're going to go next gen console, do yourself a favour and stick with Sony. PS3 is the sh*t! :aok:

BTW, Dirt on PS3 looks amazing on my 40" Bravia. You'll love it! :jig:

Looks even better on my 56" JVC :sly:

Probably... :new576:

I got this Bravia for a steal, though. When I have some better cash flow, I'll be getting the biggest Bravia money can buy. :jig:

For now, 40" of delicious LCD display more than gets the job done in my room. :aok: