Barack Obama is the 44th President of the USA

Kittamaru

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is 100% true...

DID YOU KNOW, that studies conducted on 3 college campuses showed that 90% of students voted for Obama specifically because of his race, without knowing or regarding his political views or the ideals and views of McCain?

Kids around my school were always talking about how awesome it was that he's black. You know what every one said when I asked them if they even knew anything about his political views? They said something along the lines of "I don't care dude he's black hell yeah! Go Obama!"

...Exactly.

Saying it wasn't a racist election is ignorant and pure stupid. Which brings to mind the famous words of Ron White, "you can't fix stupid."

I thought you were surrounded by "real true rednecks" man...

sorry...kinda...maby...

No, rednecks are a rare breed around here and many of the folk around here are Liberals.

And no, the studies weren't done by CNN or Fox or any of those piece of sh!t news medias. I forget who the study was done by, but it was a private group at the college level, if I remember correctly. One of my friends who's into politics told me about it and then showed me. I'll have to check with here again...

These presidents get worse and worse lol

I'm from NJ where the majority voted for Obama

I was shunned for opposing Obama from the start and I still oppose him at every turn

BECAUSE HE SUCKS AS A PRESIDENT

Talking with people and hearing people talk around where I live, it's been a turnaround in people's opinions. Many of the people that voted him realized it was too good to be true and that they were pretty blind to it all, which leaves me to say "I told you so." ;)

What is sad, is he was halfway a "default" choice, and halfway a racist choice. So many were afraid that McCain would continue right along Bush's path that they voted the only other (real) option. While not all blacks voted for him( I know at least 5 who didn't), a majority did, just because he was at least "part" black and hoped to make a historical event by making him President.

I say whoop-dee-effing-do, he is an idiot who is leading us onto a worse path than anything Bush could even dream of.

We would of been better off if Bill Cosby ran in place of Obama, I would have voted for Cosby over McCain. At least Cosby is a realist, not some utopian, social, idealist.

What is sad, is he was halfway a "default" choice, and halfway a racist choice. So many were afraid that McCain would continue right along Bush's path that they voted the only other (real) option. While not all blacks voted for him( I know at least 5 who didn't), a majority did, just because he was at least "part" black and hoped to make a historical event by making him President.

I say whoop-dee-effing-do, he is an idiot who is leading us onto a worse path than anything Bush could even dream of.

We would of been better off if Bill Cosby ran in place of Obama, I would have voted for Cosby over McCain. At least Cosby is a realist, not some utopian, social, idealist.

Well considering the black population only makes up about 13% of the US population (according to the 2008 US census) it is statistically impossible for the black vote alone to provide this "halfway racist" choice that you talk about. Unless you are suggesting that half the voters for Obama voted for him because of his race, regardless of thier race. In which case it is possible, but I still disagree.

I disagree that Obama is an idiot. A fool probably, but not an idiot. Bush is an idiot. I'm not sure which is the lesser of two evils.

While I don't know 100% what to think yet about his domestic policies, what I find simply AMAZING about the Obama administration is that he has more popular foreign support than any president has enjoyed in years and he is doing almost nothing with it. I don't get that at all. There are all sorts of things he could be influencing to regain American foreign prestige.

People vote uneducated in EVERY DAMNED ELECTION.

The undisputed truth. There is some clever and accurate saying that basically says that the problem with democracy is that 1 million idiots collectively are not as wise as 1 wise man. The upside is that the idiots get to choose how they live, the down side is that they tend to make poor choices... ;)

I disagree that Obama is an idiot. A fool probably, but not an idiot. Bush is an idiot. I'm not sure which is the lesser of two evils.

Fair enough. I'll take the fool for $10, Bob...

B

Well, since today is turning out to be an absolutely godawful day, I will wade into this and lob a grenade or two. :D

Healthcare: Private Insurers are for-profit companies. It does not take a PhD to realize profits are increased by raising revenues and lowering costs. Ergo, by definition, a private insurer is going to increase their revenues (hike premiums) and lower their costs (deny/limit coverage and drop people). Whether you have insurance or not, you are going to suffer from this basic paradigm. They do it in all sorts of fancy ways using a lot of actuarial math and supplementary baloney, but the bottom line is that health insurance companies aren't around to keep you healthy; they are around to make money.

All insurance is fundamentally a probability calculation. "What is the probability this person is actually going to make a claim for $XYZ ?" That's why your premiums go up after an at-fault accident, an illness whatever. That's why they LIMIT clams. In an insurers dream world, everyone would pay their premiums and no one would claim anything. That's why insurance is basically a "fear" game. We see the same fear in stealerships where people are told they need XYZ to make their car run better or they need ABC brand of OEM-approved wiper blades.

That's why I don't understand the whole "Well, why is my money paying for someone who doesn't bother paying for insurance ?" By choosing to HAVE health insurance you are ALREADY paying for other peoples' treatment - other folks insured by the same insurer who are sick. It's just a question of WHO you subsidize, not IF. In fact, basic math will tell you that more people in the insurance plan, the lower the per-insured persons' premium. An insurer with 10 million participants can spread their costs over 10 million people while an insurer with 100 million participants can spread it over 100 million people and each person individually pays less. This is why government insurance plans have such a huge advantage over private insurance plans.

In addition, ultimately you are relying on an insurers' ability to pay. The premiums they collect are "professionally managed" or paid out in claims. If the insurer has not done a good job underwriting, they could get hit with multiple claims - and go bankrupt. This is not an issue with a government plan unless the whole population gets ill, in which case we have bigger problems. :)

As far as the whole,"My taxes paying for lazy people." That's life. I pay exponentially more in taxes than I receive in government services. You know what, that's FINE. Why ? Because there are many many people out there who are less fortunate than me who would LOVE to pull themselves up but CAN'T. How is that possible you ask ? Try chatting with the inner-city kid in Baltimore I mentored for 2 years about the bullets he dodged going to school, the violence in the school, the lack of decent teachers and the like. (Incidentally, Baltimore has obscene property tax rates. Fat lot of good that does for their schools.) With the enormous inequity in this society and the growing barriers to moving up, I don't mind some folks being helped by money. After all, this is the society I choose to live in. The freedoms and privileges that come with it and the opportunities this society has given me make me responsible for giving back.

For the record, I don't carry health insurance. The probability of a 32-year old male with my familys medical history and my lifestyle (more exercise, less Big Macs) getting a deathly illness are very low. If I get hit by a bus, the bus company will have to pay the bills. If I am stupid enough to fall down the stairs and break my leg, I will have to pay for it myself. But I choose not to pay $5,000-$10,000/year to give my personal information away and be told,"Sorry that doesn't qualify". :shrug:

Edited by GoPathyGo

After all, this is the society I choose to live in. The freedoms and privileges that come with it and the opportunities this society has given me make me responsible for giving back.

Well said. Overall a reasonable point of view