Rising up from the Ashes

Dowser

*taps mic* testing, .....1 ..... 2...... testing......... can you guys here me in the back?......

Ahem..... evening all.

Well.... as some of you may remember me, I sort of fell off the face of the earth a little over a year ago. But I've been lurking here and there in the background always reading but keeping the ol yapper shut. Many of you don't know me so to you this is sort of a hey, to you as well. Since I'm not a new member I'm gonna post this right HERE in the General Forums.

I'll try and make this a quick little update. As you Veterans know, I moved to the Great North of Alberta to a little town called Fairview, about an hour and a half North of Grande Prairie. Which reminds me I noticed we have a couple members in Grande Prairie now... where the hell were you guys when I needed someone to wheel with. *grin* It was cold in the winter and sucked royally. I WAS there for about 2 and a half years and to say the very least we hated..... no.... hated is not a strong enough word by any sense.... Loathed... yes... that fits a bit better.... We LOATHED it... Grande Prairie wasn't too bad but population 3400 of Fairview was a little.... well...... Inbred.

While up in the Vast Wasteland of nothingness... and by nothingness i mean as far as the eye can see in ALL direction with little to no trees obstructing your view, I did 2 things of any value. 1, I went back to school to start a second career. and 2, had massive amounts of sex which lead to a bouncing baby Girl.

I wont scare you all with the newborn baby shots as every baby regardless of how cute they are, if they aren't your you generally just think they are aliens anyway. So heres one of her a few weeks later and now after having her 1st Birthday on Sept 11.

5 weeks

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/Ad...wser/5weeks.jpg

and one of her around May since I haven't uploaded the last few months from my camera yet... Ya... I'm lazy.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/Ad.../Dowser/may.jpg

She's a ton of fun.

This Year has also been nasty to us...

We lost both our dogs in the last 6 months. After 12 long years my Boy... My Son, Zeus was unable to recover from a 57 driving hour trip home from Niagara Falls. He hung on for about a month after but ultimately his Liver was failing and he quit eating entirely. He had given up long before I did and after a week and a half of very little to eat,( no matter what I made for him, t-bones, chicken, tuna, everything and everything i had in the fridge) I had to make the hardest decision of my life. I was with him to the very end and the Vet came to the House so he could have his final moments in a familiar place with those that loved him there. He Passed on March 3rd. For those of you that don't know, he was my best friend and had gone with me everywhere. I'm an avid mountaineer and lived in the Squamish Valley, he was a 135 pound Rock Climbing Rotti and had been MANY places Im sure no other dog of his breed has been. Even had his own custom Climbing Harness so I could get him up things that were obviously not for the 4 legged.

Miss him Daily.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/Ad...Dowser/Zeus.jpg

And Marduk, My First Daughter who was also 12 but a little older then Zeus. We got her for a case of Beer in Squamish 12 years ago. She came from a Litter of pure bred Rotti's and no one wanted her cause she was the Runt and a little different. (We think a Terrier might have slipped in there at the last minute.) She had a Wild Woman hair Syndrome and the Greatest temperment a dog owner could ever have. When Marduk was 1 Rachel and I split ways for about 4 or 5 years and Grew to be very attacked to Rachel. She was a Momma's Girl to say the least and it's amazing how much a dog can take on a lot of the same traits and personality quirks of its owner. Her and Zeus were in love and she was heart broken when he passed. she went thru a pretty bad depression and refused to eat for quite some time. I managed to keep her around for the last 6 months again trying everything in the fridge to keep he at least eating. Ultimately she too passed a little over a week ago on Sept. 13th. 2 days after our Daughters Birthday. We miss her very much, she was such a gentle soul.

Marduk

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/Ad...wser/Marduk.jpg

ok. so, on with the show... So as I mentioned it gets freaking COLD up there. And Rachel and I weren' up for a 4th Winter. so we decided that it was time to move on. She looked for a Job back closer to home which was the Niagara Region in Ontario Canade where Pezzy and Simon reside.. Hey guys. be nice to see you 2 again. And k9sar, I'll see what I can do now that I'm a little closer to snapping a Calander Shot for you *grin*

So found a Job in Chatham, Ontario... 3 hours from Niagara Falls roughly so a MUCH better situation. Housing in Northern Alberta is F'ing RIDICULOUS to say the least. Bought a 800 square foot house there for 154k and sold it 1 year later for 185k..... ya.... RETARDED.

Which situated us in a nicer Victorian home in Chatham that was completely refinished which has 3 floors and a unfinished basement, and i have NO IDEA what the square footage is but i could EASILY fit 5 of my last house living space in here. And best of all.... a NEW 4 year old double car garage with ample space for work space.

Now i know what your all thinking.... What about the Pathies? Well sad to say..... I was put into a bit of a pickle when i first went out there as some of you may recall.... a lifted pathy with 33's and VERY leaky steering box and countless steering woes doesn't hold up well when trying to pass an Out of Province safety inspection which led me to buy my 2nd Pathy. which was a F'ing LEMON. Here's 2 shots of them at least.

Dowser

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/Ad...wser/dowser.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/Ad.../dowserrear.jpg

and The Lemon

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/Ad...er/thelemon.jpg

And at least it was good for SOMETHING.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/Ad...uckerinFord.jpg

Well, They are both gone now.... ya... and it was a last minute thing too which really stings cause i couldn't wait another day before I left and no one was wanting my 2 for 1 deal for 3000. Even though one had the Crapini A-Arms, Rancho 9000's and Sway a way T-bars.

so since no one was biting and I kept trying to get lower and lower near the end, (3400 people is not a BIG audience) I ended up handing them over to a Young guy for 500 bucks.... ya.... BOTH of them..... what a waste for me......

WHICH...... leaves me now..... Pathiless.... Which is temporary.

I've made up my mind though this time.... and I NEED NPORA's Help. Since this will be my 3rd Pathy.... I'm gonna make it right. So I'll be looking for a 4 door 1995, Manual, (Maybe an Auto but still want to hear from you dedicated auto fans and hear from Precise since I know he feels the same way as I do) Black 4wd pathy with or without the tire carrier from ANY STATE that has NO Salt use on the roads... I want this Frame to look like its a year old instead of 60 like everyone up here.

I've been doing a TON of research over the last couple years on SAS and all the different ways to go, 3 link, radial, coil over, leaves, and I'm still assessing a few things but it will be one of the first things I wish to do. I've already told Rachel that my next vehicle I'm spending 10000 whether it be a 10,000 dollar vehicle that needs nothing or a 100 dollar car with 9900 dollars worth of aftermarket and so forth. The SAS and rear long arm is getting done PRONTO.... If I can get someone to give me a hand that is *grin*

Since I havent been posting though, i still have many questions from a few lucky SAS guru's out there that I'll be speaking with later.

SOOOO the NPORA help I was refering too.... Just keep your Eyes Peeled.... I've been scouring Craigslist from area to area and found a couple options, but I need the help from the community to maybe head on by if your close to the location and check it out first hand for all the Problem areas that us Nissan lovers face. I have no issues of heading out on a road trip to Sunny Cali to pick it up that's for sure so anywhere without Salt or other Rusting agents so let me know if you see something out there. Need a vehicle by late November early Dec. Perhaps I'll buy a 500 dollar chevette and drive it in the winter hahah.

Anywho... I've rambled enough in this post... I'll be around more now.

Dowser

Edited by Dowser

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... as some of you may remember me, I sort of fell off the face of the earth a little over a year ago.

LIES!!! ALL LIES!!! The real Dowser died over a year ago. I should know, I helped shovel frozen dirt on his rigid corpse!!! Be gone foul demon, lest I am forced to use the power of Tequila against you!! P...

Ehem, is that really you? It writes like you... Still, I am not sure. Send in your first born for testing, we will determine the truth (ground shipment is prefered).

LOL, no crap, Dowser?? I thought you died and went to bum fark Canada or something!! Oh, yeah, well.. OK then!!

Jokes aside, I'm sorry about your pups. I didn't click on the links 'cause I didn't want to be sad and have no idea what to say other than it is inevitable and it sucks. Just remember the good parts, right?

Congrats on the larva, perhaps it will grow into a human. Call me when that happens...

Bought a 800 square foot house there for 154k and sold it 1 year later for 185k..... ya.... RETARDED.

LOL, I'd buy that before breakfast... Congrats on the new home though, sounds like you are far better situated than before. Me, I'm still saving... :shrug:

So I'll be looking for a 4 door 1995, Manual, (Maybe an Auto but still want to hear from you dedicated auto fans and hear from Precise since I know he feels the same way as I do) Black 4wd pathy with or without the tire carrier from ANY STATE that has NO Salt use on the roads... I want this Frame to look like its a year old instead of 60 like everyone up here.

Well, the damnest thing happened a few weeks ago...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19658

Yeah, I now drive an auto and the old 95 is a parts pig (but I'm saving the manual tranny and parts for good luck). How do I like it? As a manual driver for 20 years, I can say it is weird as hell!!! I forget to put it in park, to keep my foot on the brake at a light, stop trying to slap it into neutral when I coast down, step on the clutch when I start it, etc. I look like a special ed kid in a go cart... Ok, once I manage to get started and moving, it seems ok, other than how I can't control the rpm, have little compression braking and often wonder why nothing happens when I step lightly on the gas. It's a new world!! More convenient as I can hold my latte while I talk on the cell phone easily, but the tranny's lack of response unless I stomp on the gas pedal (which spills the latte on my shirt and makes me shove the cell into my ear) is REALLY annoying. All that said, if you find THE truck except that is an auto, buy it. Hopefully the auto is well maintained and lasts, but even if it isn't, you can swap it out for a manual... ;)

I'll be looking for you but out here, the pathys are generally more expensive than elsewhere. Of course, they are usually in better shape... Too bad though, last month there was a guy selling a black 95 in New York (115k or something) for $1000. :shrug:

Good to hear from you again Dowser!! Best wishes and good luck for you and the family. Don't worry, we'll find you a pathy... ;)

:beer:

B

About time you post up! :D Seen you lurking around off and on for a bit now... welcome back :beer:

Sorry to hear about you kids and congrats on the newest addition! B pretty much covered everything else (jabbing, jokes, etc) And he did in fact turn to the dark site, yes he drives an auto now :blink:

Located in Western WA, I will keep my eyes open for a good, low prices 95 for you :aok:

Damn, we were more than half way to your place last weekend (St Thomas).

Good to hear from you again Dowser... as Simon said, we should meet up soon.

Simon is another one that went from having a manual to an auto... not so much by choice, but the options were slim, and he needed a pathy. It was lack of frame rot vs. the transmission, and we found one with a decent frame. Simon doesnt mind it (no where near as much as he expected to). Based on his experience I would have to agree with B, if you find the right one, don't worry about the transmission...

Thanks for the welcome guys and gals.... again. haha

Precise

Ya I think the whole stepping on the pedal and not having the immediate response is what would be the part that I'd not be liking. And I know what you mean about always wanting to shift and stuff... Rachel has an auto Hyundia Tuscon 2006, (which i don't personally recommend, we hate it for numerous reasons) and im constantly doing retarded things in it, I've even shifted it into Neutral a few times when driving on Auto Pilot thinking I was going from 4th to 3rd.

I'm still so hesitant too. I went to the wreckers today to see if they had any pathies there and they had a 95 that the bought off someone from the street a few weeks ago. I asked what was wrong with it and they said engine runs fine but she wont move. Yet another crapped out Tranny. I was thinking of asking them for the whole truck so I could use it as a parts truck but looked at the engine and its leaking oil at the Head Gasket, and from around the Pan too. not that those are huge issues on their own to deal with, but there was quite a bit of oil and who knows how bad the leaks were or how well he monitored it. No sense buying it with a completely crap engine.

Redpath88

Thanks for keeping the eyes peeled appreciate it.

Simon and Pezzy

Ya can't say how happy I am to be home and away from all that mess. Sorry to all you NPORA Northern Albertans but I think your all Nuts. Northern Alberta was like the Wild West man. I swear. You can do anything you want there and no one stops you. In fact the average speed limit on most of the highways up there was 140+ Somethings wrong when your driving a 135 and people keep blowing by you cause your going to slow. There doesn't seem to be an sort or LAW there. and its funny cause now that we're here there is a OVERWHELMING police presence and we both kind of feel like the MAN is trying to control us now hahaha. We'll get together sometime soon for sure. You guys really aren't all that far now. Especially since I'm still used to driving an hour and a half for groceries.

Grimgreg

Thanks for the Info, I looked into that Craigslist you PM'ed me. seems like he maintained it great that's for sure.

Slick.

Thanks for the hug but you just spilt all kinds of Jack Daniels on my shirt.

Crazy

Hey man nice to meet ya. Thanks for the link. Thats an idea, but WOW the price of those are about the same price as a Pathy. I can't even imagine the shipping costs either. Hate the Idea of buying a BRAND new frame just to cut and weld it for a SAS too. haha something about that seems wrong somehow.

I was looking at this one out in Missouri and think I could probably talk him down to around the 2500 range.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/794395511.html

Still waiting on more info and pictures from him.

still searching as well.

179,000 Miles- These are mainly highway miles. Brand New Timing Belt,

Ok, I'm suspicious... Why brand new timing belt @179k? Change intervals is every 105k for a 95. Did he let it go until it jumped a tooth or two, then had it replaced just to sell? Definitely ask what up with that. He doesn't mention that the water pump is new...

Honestly, I think you can do better than that; I know I can out here. 179k is fairly high milage, I got my 95 with 95k for $3300 (3700 asking)...

I'd pass on the junk yard pathy also, sounds like a headache... Seriously, look for a lower milage solid base truck and be patient.

Ya I think the whole stepping on the pedal and not having the immediate response is what would be the part that I'd not be liking. And I know what you mean about always wanting to shift and stuff...

It's not as bad as it seems, just takes a different driving style. Remember, if you buy an auto and then get a frame rotted basket case with a manual tranny cheap, you can install the manual for virtually no additional cost. Well, maybe the cost of clutch parts... :shrug:

Here is one I'd at least call about (for me it's local). can't tell if its manual or auto though...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/852797308.html

$2k for 140k mile manual...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/852797308.html

Crap, I have a 130k mile motor in the red 95 that could be swapped!!!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/852279769.html

For the 2 door lovers, this one looks CHERRY!!! 1987 and only 137k...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/848275902.html

Ok, you get the point. Check out plane tickets to San Francisco... ;)

B

My T-belt is out of "interval", I put a new one in any time I need to dig in that far. :togo:

Same here, I changed mine at 150k, I have no idea if it was ever done but it looked brand new when I took it off.

Most people just put the key in and drive these days. I got one mechanic who told me it was a chain :wtf:

Yes, but do you wait 100k miles on a 60k mile rated belt?? :rolleyes:

Be my guest...

B

No, but my point is that might be the second or even third T-belt that has been changed on it. Just because at 179K it has a new T-belt doesn't mean it was the first time it was ever changed.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/860448871.html

1995 Nissan Pathfinder - low miles!! - $2000 (Bellevue)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-860448871@craigslist.org [?]

Date: 2008-09-29, 7:08PM PDT

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 3.0 V6, 4WD, 5 spd, 140,000, runs great, tires good condition. Loaded - a/c, pwr steer, pwr windows, pwr locks, pwr mirrors, tilt wheel, cruise control, cd player w/ipod hookup, premium sound system, flip-up sunroof, tinted windows, keyless entry/alarm - key fob needs new button, bike rack on tire carrier if you want it. We are 2nd owner, never smoked in, current tabs. Exterior (black) in good condtion, interior (grey) in EXCELLENT condition.

There are two things you need to know (why we are selling it for less): 1. cracked windshield 2. a/c works, but only blows cool air, not cold (system needs recharge).

Contact info: email us rachelmhoerman @ yahoo.com, or call Jake 425 - 591 - 7869 or Rachel 425 - 591 - 7290

keywords: suv, s.u.v., toyota, ford, chevy

1231gd140ZZZZZZZZZ89t97f2c782117b1b4b.jpg12214c1gbZZZZZZZZZ89tf656383319601974.jpg

1291381gcZZZZZZZZZ89tad5eac6fcf8d130b.jpg1241g2130ZZZZZZZZZ89td81690fe6de0191f.jpg

LOL hey Vengeful... yep... it's me... the one and only... suck really though, cause I wish there were 2 of me... I could get away with a lot more Sh!t that way.

Annnnnnd....

Redpath88.

HOLY man.... Nice score...

Anyone in Seattle? Bellevue Just googled how far it is.... its a Mere 2399 miles, (3936km) lmao Sure would be a fun roadtrip. Do they use salt on the roads in Seattle?

Edited by Dowser

Completely off topic a second but didn't want to bother with a new thread.

Ok get into SAS mode a sec.

I know I've read it somewhere here and I thought I had it bookmarked along with the 400 other bookmarks from all the forums I'm been reading but I can't seem to find it and search is not my friend.

Front axle, HPD44 from the Early Bronco everyone always refers too for a coil setup...

When were talking Early Bronco, what was the year Range again? And regardless of year range, was there multiple options for these axles then, little differences? Gonna start shopping soon.

*edit* Crap... upon further investigation, I also read that with the EB D44, you have to make Oil Pan modifications, Like Datz and Hoohaa did, sooo I guess it will be a Waggy axle instead, Jusr have to clean it up more and get rid of Spring perches and such. Which brings me to the very same question again... What years are we talking here, and are there different variations.

And Doughboy...

thanks man, but although it is an option, I'm gonna hold out a LITTLE bit longer to find something a tiny bit closer. Cost of a Ticket and fuel on the way back was getting a bit pricey... I don't mind spending that on the PERFECT one... but that one just didnt have the full package...

Edited by Dowser

Redpath

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind with my searches although I do hope i can find one in decent shape that fits my criteria a little closer.

Precise

Nice find for sure... Look mind on the exterior, but Alas... its a 90... Im still looking for a 95, and of course... Im gonna be picky and stick with a Black Beauty. 3rd Pathy has to be what I want and not what I can get.

And to answer my own question up above, This was the link I was looking for.

Axle Widths

Anyone near Atlanta Georgia? I think I found a winner but I'm short on time... Just found it 10 minutes ago and auction ends in 1 day 21 hours. heres the Link to the EBAY add... quite nice photos posted. Im interested in it if anyone is close enough to take a look at it and make sure everything is in check. I just hate the idea of buying something without someone seeing it in person. scares me.

Anyway, heres the link.

1994 Pathy SE.