My Pathfinder is gone

Trainman

Basically economic considerations forced me to get rid of the Pathfinder. It was (and will be for its new owner I am sure) a good truck but was not needed for its off-road ability. I can count on 2 hands how many times its been in the bush the last 2 years, and none of those trips required 4wd of any kind. As a business vehicle, it needs to make sense and the Pathy did not any more.

What replaced it? NOT a Jeep :tongue:

But another built in Japan goodie, a 2009 Subaru Forester X with the Canadian Touring package. I did a work trip to Fort St. James on the Pathy a month ago and used 200l of premium fuel. Did the same trip with the Foz last week and used 145l of regular fuel and traveled 300 km more to boot. I estimated over the first 2,000 km of driving I have reduced my fuel costs by about 40%. And with 30,000 km/yr of driving, mostly highway, that adds up to big savings for a small business.

The Pathy will be missed for sure, it was a good, solid truck.

I removed the BP skid plates and will be posting them for sale in the for sale section sometime when I can get my act going. I also have winter tires on rims for it that will also be up for sale. But you will need to come and get them.

I will hang around here, this is a good community and will be too hard to give up.

Like has been said, I see the reasons and can not argue... I'm just glad it served you well for the time you had it. Why were you running premium fuel though?

But another built in Japan goodie, a 2009 Subaru Forester X with the Canadian Touring package.

I hope it serves you well, and yes, you better stick around or I'll wire down a flounder on top of your muffler!! ;)

B

Thanks everyone, the comments are much appreciated.

Yes,. the 3.5 requires premium fuel although I was able to run it for a couple of years on regular without any real issues. But as the kms accumulated and maybe the fuel quality around here went down, it started to require the good stuff. The change from premium to regular has saved me 10-15% just on the cost difference. That's the reason I did not get the turbo Forester, just the regular one.

Edited by Trainman

Trainman, I am really sorry to hear about this. I hope you do stick around, I've always appreciated your posts here.

By any chance, did you sell the cargo barrier you had with the truck?? (I think you had one)

I too appreciated all your posts...not too many with the VQ R50 posting around here...maybe just my opinion but there it is!

Sorry dude...I sent a pm requesting the skids--shipped...did not read well enough! If I could coax you into shipping them then please send me a quote!

...and though you bought a suby, please let us know her real handling disposition as well!!

I am on the road this week (Nelson, Grand Forks, Cranbrook) so will respond to the requests for shipping prices when I get home or if I can figure out how to do it while on the road. If I recall right, the shipping in Canada was almost as much as the cost of the skids themsleves, so I am not sure if it is cost effective to ship them south of the line.

Trainman, I am really sorry to hear about this. I hope you do stick around, I've always appreciated your posts here.

By any chance, did you sell the cargo barrier you had with the truck?? (I think you had one)

Thanks Pezzy and yes I still have the cargo barrier. Its a $100 Canadian Tire item, not sure its worth shipping to Ont? Also, I may use it in the Foz so will be hanging onto it for a bit.

I too appreciated all your posts...not too many with the VQ R50 posting around here...maybe just my opinion but there it is!

Sorry dude...I sent a pm requesting the skids--shipped...did not read well enough! If I could coax you into shipping them then please send me a quote!

...and though you bought a suby, please let us know her real handling disposition as well!!

No problem and yes, updates on the Foz will occur if wanted. Here is a picture to start. Its pretty dirty but the colour hides it well:

IMG_2272.jpg

Subaru, I didn't know you were a lesbian?

:jk:

Seriously though, I think I would have given you more cred if you HAD bought a Heep.

Hmmmm, lesbian? That would require quite a bit of modifications that I am not sure my wife would approve of :ohno01:

And I would give you more credit if you drove a R50 :D

Ha Ha........

I am on the road this week (Nelson, Grand Forks, Cranbrook) so will respond to the requests for shipping prices when I get home or if I can figure out how to do it while on the road. If I recall right, the shipping in Canada was almost as much as the cost of the skids themsleves, so I am not sure if it is cost effective to ship them south of the line.

Thanks Pezzy and yes I still have the cargo barrier. Its a $100 Canadian Tire item, not sure its worth shipping to Ont? Also, I may use it in the Foz so will be hanging onto it for a bit.

No problem and yes, updates on the Foz will occur if wanted. Here is a picture to start. Its pretty dirty but the colour hides it well:

IMG_2272.jpg

Are those Black Panther skids? I'd like 'em if possible! :D

That's a sweet-ass Sube by the way. Nice colour and excellent off-road capability.

It does reminds me of that commerical with the sumos though... *shudder* :ill:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

Nice colour and excellent off-road capability.

Agreed with the color, but Dude, it's a car... All wheel drive and whatever, but it has car clearance. 1 real rut and the wheels are hanging and there is plastic to pick up. It's a perfectly good vehicle for what it is meant for but it does not have "excellent off-road capability"!!

B

Agreed with the color, but Dude, it's a car... All wheel drive and whatever, but it has car clearance. 1 real rut and the wheels are hanging and there is plastic to pick up. It's a perfectly good vehicle for what it is meant for but it does not have "excellent off-road capability"!!

B

It has 9" of ground clearance, 24 degrees of approach angle, 27 departure and 30 breakover. The GC is more than the published number for my departed 02 Pathy.

What it does not have is a low range.

And its NO CAR Dude!

:chairfall:

What I like is they have tucked up all the under-guts so there is not much hanging down, unlike some other cute-utes that leave things like the muffler exposed.

Now has 3,700 kms on it, averaging 8.8 l/100 kms (or 32 mpg for you metric challenged types). Waiting to get some good rubber (General Grabber AT2 seems to be the preferred tire for this truck) before doing any serious off-road stuff.

Clean pictures:

Sept2808_03.jpg

Sept2808_1.jpg

actually our 98 forester has more ground clearance than a stock xj....

Well, thatss another unibody vehicle I would not agree has 'exceptional off-road capability'... :shrug:

The GC is more than the published number for my departed 02 Pathy.
:blink:
It has 9" of ground clearance

Is that the same 9' you tell your... Forget it.

And its NO CAR Dude!

LOL

I'm not saying it is useless, a POS or anything, I'm just saying that again 'exceptional off-road capability' is not a description that applies.

It makes complete sense that you got one Trainman, and I hope it is as reliable and useful as your old pathy. Just don't tell me we are going to go out wheeling... ;)

The GC is more than the published number for my departed 02 Pathy.
:blink:

All the more reason I drive a WD21... :D

:itsallgood:

B

I'm not saying it is useless, a POS or anything, I'm just saying that again 'exceptional off-road capability' is not a description that applies.

It makes complete sense that you got one Trainman, and I hope it is as reliable and useful as your old pathy. Just don't tell me we are going to go out wheeling... ;)

:itsallgood:

B

No problems B, I was just pointing out that it has more potential than maybe some might give it credit for. I would not even dream of taking it where the Pathy would go, but it will go places most cute-utes won't.

And I miss the Pathy and not having to worry about the trail conditions.