It's Official

LD50

why... Tacoma payments need to be made. I would have kept it for my pleasurecraft if I had somewhere to park it though.

What would a fair price be for her? (see how close I got)

why... Tacoma payments need to be made. I would have kept it for my pleasurecraft if I had somewhere to park it though.

What would a fair price be for her? (see how close I got)

Wait wait, you sold your Pathy (which was paid off) to make payements on a Yota Taco?... really?!!!

Probably because of the milage limitations (overages are expensive), the manditory maintanence records (ie shop/stealership), no modifications, full coverage insurance requirement, etc...

Leases can be more expensive than people think or the original paper states. Then there is paying for something just to use, not own, kind of like an interest only mortgage loan. It can become self perpetuating.

All that said,

You know your needs better than us...

I just hope it works out like you planned/need. :beer:

B

Then there is paying for something just to use, not own, kind of like an interest only mortgage loan. It can become self perpetuating.

Thats the main reason. I watched my dad spend payments on a truck that he loved & at the end they wouldn't allow him to buy it cause they had "already sold it to another customer." Needless to say that was the 1st & last time my dad ever leased a vehicle.

yea my dad leased a 4runner (first and last lease) but in the end he sold it and payed off the rest of the lease and made like a 2 grand profit so it doesent always go bad. oh did u give the new owner of ur paty directions to NPORA.

Probably because of the milage limitations (overages are expensive), the manditory maintanence records (ie shop/stealership), no modifications, full coverage insurance requirement, etc...

Leases can be more expensive than people think or the original paper states. Then there is paying for something just to use, not own, kind of like an interest only mortgage loan. It can become self perpetuating.

Exactly, it's like you are paying a long term rental. But with a down payment up front and a stack of fees and fines to be paid at the end in addition to the monthly payments durring use.

Well I'm not too concerned about it. I got a nice low interest rate (certainly lower than I would have got if I got a bank loan to buy it), insurance is marginally higher than what I paid for the pathfinder. Assuming no problems with the truck, I plan to buy it at the end. If something changes, it shouldn't be hard to sell the truck for more than what I owe anyways. If keeping a receipt for my oil when I do an oil change is the worst part of it, I think I can manage :D

Edited by LD50

Assuming no problems with the truck, I plan to buy it at the end.

Key note...

If keeping a receipt for my oil when I do an oil change is the worst part of it

Better make sure this complies with the maintanence terms...

Like I said before, you know your needs and I hope it works out well for you. I've just known a few friends that got burned during the lease craze of 2000ish.

Some by milage, some by maintanence, some by dents and deductables... :shrug:

Personally, I'd only be cool with a lease if the company I worked for leased a car for me...

B

I dont personally like leases because of mileage restrictions. But if you got the money for it then go for it. My brother and his wife own their Acura MDX for personal traveling etc and he leases a car continually which has worked out well for him. He likes it because everytime his lease runs out he gets a new ride. But in all fairness he has alot of money.

Sorry to hear about that LD, Im sure you took the time to crunch the numbers for what was more cost effective for you, I hate seeing nice pathy's go, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Enjoy the Taco

I'd rather throw a bit of money into my pathy than have monthly payments......Just because I'm in college and have like no money, so I can slide a little on the oil changes (synthetic) and non important mechanical repairs (a/c, minor leaks yadda yadda yadda)