stupid me - stuck in the mud

thethirdjq

I have had my pathy for about a month now. I went down to charleston to visit the girlfriend and took her mudding after a day of biking. We went down a dirt road that a former potential client wants to build 200 houses on - def. no worry about trespassing. I have not been able to go off road since buying the truck and with all this rain as of late - i just had to get it dirty.

So, we made some great runs through some sandy mud. slinging dirt everywhere and had some good fun for about half an hour. On our way out of the mess - there sat a nice big mud puddle off of the side of the road. thought I would take a run at it - make a mess and get a giggle out of the girlfriend. This mud was a little different - being black mud - instead of the sandy stuff from earlier - and the pathy sunk right down in it. Man did I feel stupid. I tried to get out, but i just don't own all the tools at the moment and don't have enough experience with being off road.

I had all four wheels spinning and it just sunk down deeper. I almost rocked it out, but just couldn't get enough weight on the front left side of the vehicle to keep traction.

Luckily, the road was actually in good condition and not far from the main road and town. Called a friend and had him pull me out with a chain. Came right out, drove home, laughed, drank a beer, ate mexican. Girlfriend had a good time all in all and we both laugh at ourselves now. I washed all the mud off underneath and inspect to make sure nothing broke. I got lucky in that sense.

I know you guys are probaly going to point out exactly how wrong I was for doing this by myself without any kind of plan for recovery. I know exactly how stupid I was at the very moment that mud grabbed me.

I bought a foldable shovel, tow strap, two led flashlights today. I already had on me - drinking water, food, blanket, matches, spark igniter (flint and magnesium), and assortment of tools. and two bikes

enjoy the pictures - go ahead and let me know how bad it is ;)

mud01.jpg

mud02.jpg

mud03.jpg

mud04.jpg

Great pics :aok:

Last weekend I had to tow out a guy and his Mrs. I was on my way out and they were on the side of the road. Had to drive up a track about 1Km to get to their Smurf :lol:

They were VERY grateful :beer:

That stuff looks like goo! Like YOZSI said...some mudders, front and rear locked and the go pedal would have got you out.....but i should shut up now since i did the same thing, except the "pudddle" i hit dropped off 3 feet on the passenger side and buried me almost up the passenger window.

I know you guys are probaly going to point out exactly how wrong I was for doing this by myself without any kind of plan for recovery. I know exactly how stupid I was at the very moment that mud grabbed me.

heh i've only done that 1 time (the getting stuck without a recovery) b/c my comealong was not long enough...it was snowing and I was still partially buzzed from the night B4...luckly I called my buddy with his jeep and he came and pulled me out I was making good until I hit a spot where folks were stuck b4 and all 4 wheels were off the ground...after a good half dozen or so snags he got me...some wanna be country momma's boy came up in a jacked up silverado and was like haha you got stuck...ran over my rope and I was within inches of kickin his ass but just took a low blow when I asked him to cross it and said he couldnt do it and i told him he could leave his woman with me and I'd show her out to get across the puddle with a better line of attack...he was not happy and she just smiled

I miss the mud/rain...glad to be comin back east for the holidays and hanging out in the Gods land, the good ole south...looks like fun :aok:

Nice... glad to hear I'm not the only one :tongue:

My bro an I were up target shooting in his yota 4-runner went to drive through a mud puddle ended up being an underground spring... passenger side sunk up to the door handle :tongue: (looked a lot like yours) then some guy came by and cussed us out ... said "we are killing nature".. we must have been 2ft off of the road... so the guy calls the cops on us and they come out and laugh at us.. they said ppl get stuck there all the time... then some nice dude came buy and pulled us out. Very embarrassing but now I can laugh at it :) The worst part was that cows graze there so the "under ground spring" was half cow crap... and we had it up to our elbows :P

Just thought I would share....

Awesome pics!

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike