Best Brand Of Spark Plug

yar1

What's a sprak plug?!?! :tongue:

I've used NGK platinums, want to try the NGK Iridium plugs, and have run the Bosch Platinum +4's. My truck didn't seem to mind either. Just make sure, at minimum, that they're gapped correctly, and they're platinum.

Since I purchased my Pathy used with 78k, I did check the plugs. The ones in there now are Bosch Platinums. They seem to work and I have been getting decent fuel economy without knowing how old they are. They looked newer when I pulled them out so I just put them back in.

I really like the NGK Iridiums that I put in my Honda CRV. When it's time, I'll change to those. More money, but they seem to perform to my liking and they will last longer. I've got 30k on them now and the last oil change I checked them and they still looked like new; clean and just the right color and virtually no carbon tracing.

Yup, it took me over an hour to change that one plug. :shrug: Had to find the right combination of extensions to be the proper length.

Yeah that freakin #6 plug im glad that i put in an iridium so i wont have to change it very often.

HA! #6 is easy as pie. Although, my previous vehicle was a Ford Van with a 460 V8 in it. Now EVERY plug on that was a #6 pathfinder plug. Every single plug required tons of socket extensions or universals or extra elbows in your arm.

As for brand, I use autolite double platinum and have no complains.

HA! #6 is easy as pie. Although, my previous vehicle was a Ford Van with a 460 V8 in it. Now EVERY plug on that was a #6 pathfinder plug. Every single plug required tons of socket extensions or universals or extra elbows in your arm.

I heard that! i'd rather change my water pump and timing belt again, rather than changing spark plugs on a v8 ford van!! what a pain in da A!!! :P However, i like NGK plugs! always have great luck with em! :happy:

just replaced with ngk no complains. ngk was in there before and it still runs great. just watch out for that bastard number 6 plug on r50

Yup, it took me over an hour to change that one plug. :shrug: Had to find the right combination of extensions to be the proper length.

Yeah that freakin #6 plug im glad that i put in an iridium so i wont have to change it very often.

Hahaha yes the dreaded number 6! I think they all suck to change but yea that one is the worst.

Try getting the inside bolt in when you're changing the thermostat and tell me how that goes lol.

As for me I'm running bosch copper's and they work alright.

I heard that! i'd rather change my water pump and timing belt again, rather than changing spark plugs on a v8 ford van!! what a pain in da A!!! :P However, i like NGK plugs! always have great luck with em! :happy:

There is a tool under the rear bench seat in a black leather bag in all Pathfinders that is designed to remove the #6 plug. It takes 5 min. with the tool to remove the plug.

*everybody rushes out to check under their seat*

I've gotta wonder, does the 3.5 r50's have this? I looked once before and couldn't find it. Heck, i looked for my plugs today, and couldn't find them! I don't have a rotor or distributor either supposedly. How the heck do i change them? :shrug: Search, here i come lol.

Edited by PDCCD

I've gotta wonder, does the 3.5 r50's have this? I looked once before and couldn't find it. Heck, i looked for my plugs today, and couldn't find them! I don't have a rotor or distributor either supposedly. How the heck do i change them? :shrug: Search, here i come lol.

I believe the 3.5 uses individual coils on top of the plugs. This may be NDIS, I'm not sure. No distributor cap/rotor or wires to change, only 6 easy plugs.

There is a tool under the rear bench seat in a black leather bag in all Pathfinders that is designed to remove the #6 plug. It takes 5 min. with the tool to remove the plug.

even with the tool it still took me about 30-45 min for that plug, once i got the wire off i lost the plug and couldnt get the tool on it. Also some pleople dont have that handy little bag

I just replaced my plugs on my 97 XE with the factory recomended NGK BKR5ES-11's and let me tell you the ones I pulled out were well worn. They showed all of there 60,000 miles (according to records). What a difference. better throttle response, smoother running and hopefully better MPG. best of all no more miss. I also installed a set of NGK Plug wires @ the same time as they were OE and have 132,000 miles on them. you guys are rite the # 6 Plug in the back on the drivers side is a b**** to get at and change.

Edited by mikeysentra

Unless you buy the car used and the previous owner has lost the black leather bag. Before the next change I will buy it from the dealer; expensive, but worth it I am sure.

• 1 month later...