Wicked Lean

Is it more pronounced in the front or back? If moreso in the front, it could be that a torsion bar has snapped, or that the anchor, or adjuster has let go. Or that it's simply sagged more than the other, though, 2" is quite a bit of difference between the two.

If it's moreso in the rear, I'd check for a broken coil, as again, 2" is a lot of discrepancy between coils if they had just sagged. Also look, in the rear, for a broken spring perch.

well your name is phattbaztard

:hide:

true but i am on the other side and still do not level it out.

actual that whole side of the truck is leaning. it is not a full to inches, but enough to notice. it kinda looks like the tires are flat on that side ( yes I checked, still have air)!!!

ok guys i just crawled under the truck and nothing appeared to be broken. just to make sure i went ahead and "bench pressed" it a few times, and didnt hear any wierd noises. however i remebered that the last thing i had done prior to noticing the lean was fill up the gas tank.

i am new to the whole pathfinder thing, but my s-10 would lean a little after i filled up.

anyone???

R50 Pathfinders do lean a touch with a full tank, as their tanks run along the side. The WD21 Pathfinders, like yours, do not, as the tank sits dead center at the back. That definitely is not your issue.

Try cranking up the torsion bar on the passenger side a bit to see if it levels out. If you don't know how, search around, the info is here.....

Depending on what shape the rig is in. It could also be a broken or rusted out body mount. I had broken a front body mount on mine and it made it look like I had a weak torsion bar in the front.

meh, just put some more weight on the other side and it'll be all good.

but maybe one of your shocks has failed internally? I know that my pathy leaned on the passenger side to the rear and i found out that shock had failed internally, if that can even happend (its what i was told)

Shocks will not make it lean. They're sole purpose is to put resistance against the wheel when if it forced up or down by a bump. This makes for better road contact and less bounce from the spring.

A bad shock would only make one side of your rig more bouncy on one side.

Ok I guess technically a shock could seize in it's downward most position and hold the suspension down making it look like a front end sag. But Sammy has said.....the rig would ride like hell.

I'm assuming the Junkyard shock might have been seized either in the accident or because it sat for a while. Most of the shocks I've seen go bad on a vehicle due to wear leak and just go limp.

Edited by denisb

Try cranking up the torsion bar on the passenger side a bit to see if it levels out.

After I swapped engines I adjusted my torsion bars to take care of the sag that almost 20yrs can cause. Over a bit of time they settled down below where I had adjusted them too, which is normal after adjusting them. But the left hand side settled to a lower point. It looked as if like the rear was sagging more, but after adjusting the T-bar the whole truck leveled out again.

I would give that a try and see where that puts you :aok:

ok so what it sounds like is that the majority of you all think its a torsion bar issue. i have tried to search for how to's, but nothing is specific enough to me ( :shrug: ) !!! if anyone has a step by step or pics please feel free to share.

My 89 does the same thing, I'm thinkin that the springs are just sagging a bit. Another thing to think about is that it was engineered to ride level when the driver was sitting in the drivers seat, I have read many articles about haveing to put weight in the drivers seat to get it to align properly for this reason.

ok so what it sounds like is that the majority of you all think its a torsion bar issue. i have tried to search for how to's, but nothing is specific enough to me ( :shrug: ) !!! if anyone has a step by step or pics please feel free to share.

Torsion Bar Adjustment:

http://www.nissanoffroad.net/how_to/torsio...orsion_bars.asp