Wtf... Were They Thinking At U-haul

Slick

:huh: i had the most AMAZING meeting with a lady with a '95 black auto pathy (she had it for 1 year) who was dropping a 6x12' trailer at my place.

first off, great lady. i wont give backround on her moving to CA, but anyhoo....

so, apparently , the brand new trailer she got had a short int he wiring somewhere.... so 3 times our mechanics along the way came out and rigged her up.. cut HER wiring in the process trying to fix the issue... P...

so, she asked me if i knew how to get her pathy out of 4-LO..... i was like HUH????? :wtf: is it doing in 4-LO???? "well, they said i had to tow the trailer here in 4-lo, and they put it in 4-lo for me"..... i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! she was like... WHY??? so i explained....

anyhoo..... i get the trailer off, fix her wiring, and she tells me the horror story of how she got raped for almost $500 for 2 TIRES in Arizona.... whoa.

her front tires also had some funky things going on and are now ruined (gee...wonder what could've caused that? 65mph in 4-LO perhaps???) :blink:

anyhoo, so i get to browsing over her pathy as she had no clue how to pop the hood..... so i pop the hood and amazing... no coolant (ok, a drop at the bottom of the resevoir) so i fill er up with coolant. then i see no trans cooler.. so i HIGHLY suggest one and tell her i will install it free if she buys the cooler.

i tell her a bit about her pathy, give her my phone number, and she agreees to call me.

all in all, i told her to SUE the u haul center that did that to her truck.

oh, BTW, did i mention she moved here from NEW JERSEY??????????????? :lmao:

yeah, 3k miles in 4-LO..........

WTF??????? I can only imagine what the inside of her T-Case looks like.... Think she would be a good find for Andrew???

yeah. i had a HELL of a time getting her pathy OUT of 4-lo...... i am sure there is uber amounts of damage in there that will rear it's ugly head. her brand new tires are already destroyed...... i can imagine what else..... :(

Nice. You gotta love U-Haul. I called them up last year to rent a car dolly when I had to tow my Pathy (broken brake line). Before they even gave me a price they wanted to know what I was going to tow and with what. So I figured I'd humor them and told them a 90 pathy with an F-150 as a tow vehicle. They said I couldn't use that "configuration" because the tow vehicle wasn't big enough to tow and the (what I thought was the kicker) the pathy was a 4x4 and couldn't be towed on a dolly because of the tranny and transfer case?!?!?!?!?!? When I told them I could tow it with the transfer case in neutral, they argued black and blue that this would damadge my tranny. But I guess towing a trailer on paved highways on 4 lo is good for a tranny/transfer case.

sounds to me like slick is the only one at u-haul that knows what the hell their doing. i work with a couple of guys that used to work at u-haul and they have some interesting stories of u-haul mishaps.

Edited by aries247

Something seems wrong here. I can't imagine she could drive 3000 miles in 4 low on roads without something failing. I believe that 25 or 30 mph is max recommended speed in 4 low, so how did that work?

You sure she wasn't trying to pull a 'poor stupid 'lil old me victim' scam?

*born skeptic*

B

You keepin' tabs on this lady, Slick? We want to know what happens! It's like a soap opera... o.o

she has my cell # and the NPORA site.... i am giving her my 2 bridgestone duelers (31's) that were on my Chevy, so she'll be calling me ;)

:omg: I bet she didn't have any problems pulling that trailer up the mountains. :laugh:

funny.... that's what i asked her... "bet it pulled like a pair of shire horses uphill huh" :chairfall: