Car Suggestions?

LD50

Well, May need to park the pathfinder for a while in the near future for a little while. Looking for something to drive in the meantime, but I'm not sure what. The cars that get good mileage and are sensible to own have no appeal to me. I want something relatively decent looking with some potential. What do you guys have for me? +/- $5000

74 superbeetle

240zx

Ford fiesta with a wing on it

Isuzu Trooper, just to go roll it

I could go on, but I'll have to agree with Dan. #1 was serious though.

B

Another second for a 240sx. Sentra SE-R's are nice too.

Definatly no on the Porsche, unless you like getting to repair your daily driver every couple of weeks. I have had two friends get those, and both were the most tempermental hardest to keep in running order cars ever. When they did work they were fun, but definatly not worth the hassle.

Outside of Nissan's: Accord, Civic Del Sol, MR2, VW GTI, and mid 90's Honda Prelude.

The house is originally what caught my attention to that ad!

And basically, I was just looking for any Porsche under $5000 and that one had the best picture. LOL I know the 944s are piles of crap, but what a good picture of one!

Outside of Nissan's: Accord, Civic Del Sol, MR2, VW GTI, and mid 90's Honda Prelude.

Del Sol has ZERO practicality. For that matter, neither does the MR2.

VW GTI (depending on the year, but a $5k one is going to be a 94-97 (depending on mileage), and those are just as temperamental as the 944s.

Mid 90s Prelude I agree with. Go for a 96+ with VTec and you'll be happy. Though they're not much more practical than a 240SX, but I think they're a lot more fun. The 240s just don't have the oomph that the Preludes do. Granted the Preludes are FWD, they're still sweet for a DD.

Another option would be to go with something newer, and American. 98-99 Camaro/Firebird. Maybe a Mustang. Though, those won't get much better mileage than the Pathy.

Your best bet is to find a Japanese 4-banger econobox for about $3000 and save the $2k for the Pathy. You can get a good early 90s Accord, or mid-90s Civic for that price if you look around a bit.

This is what happens when you buy a 240sx for a daily driver.....

(no before pictures... was a bone stock auto s14, with black leather interior, SE model...beautiful car stock..)

DSC01358.jpg

You take it all apart, and it cost you 25K to put back together lol.

IMGP09022eJPGmsg96B64B91-577F-4BAB-.jpg

AND i haven't driven it in over a year, lol.. Get ready to start driving your pathy again the second you buy one. :)

But i'm still going to recomend you do..haha

Del Sol?? Are you serious?? You better be cute (gay or female) to drive one and about the same for an mr2!!

B

The DOHC VTEC Del Sol's, while hard to find, are super quick and you only have to pay insurance for a base model Civic since there was no special branding to distinguish the DOHC models.

Same goes for Turbo 2nd Gen MR2's (plus you can put an air intake extenstion over the roof on it and pretend its a snorcle! Go offroading! :tongue: )

Ok, I get the point Andrew, but if you want to look like a 'super quick' biach, be my guest...

You want super quick, get on 2 wheels!

Lmao @ wheeling the MR2 though, maybe put those 3's on it? :tongue:

B

I would stay away from 2nd gen MR2's if you're not ready to spend lots of money on repairs. as nice as my younger brother's car is, he has spent an astronomical amount of money to keep it running properly. They do look sharp with a fancy set of wheels. I would look for a 90-93 miata. they're fun, bullet-proof and cheap, although not very practical.

img0464za6.jpg

that house in the ad is nice btw. good masons on that one.

Edited by skrillaguerilla

get a 300zx man. we can hang out. mines only costing me like 5400 to get here from japan. then again i dunno if you wanna wait a month to get it. im parking my pathy for the summer to drive that ;D

get a 300zx man. we can hang out. mines only costing me like 5400 to get here from japan. then again i dunno if you wanna wait a month to get it. im parking my pathy for the summer to drive that ;D

I don't know about that ordering business. I have to make some money and pay off loans this summer, then if need be I will acquire a car. The pathfinder work isn't urgent. even if i did get a 300zx, I'm based outside of Edson all summer and who knows where after that. That may put a damper on the 300zx hang out sessions. :lol: At least I'm out of the city, man I hate cities.

I'd say :

VW GTI/Golf/Passat With the 16v 1.8 liter or a 16v 2.0

Geo Prism/Toyota Corolla - runs for ever

Honda CRX - ultra Cheap, awesome on gas

Nissan Sentra coupe (mid 90's to later 90's) Quick and run forever once again

just my 2 cents

• 3 months later...