look at my truck now...

Illusionist

no wd21 i've ever seen has bags...unless they slammed it to the road...that could have been a rare option but i dont remember the FSM talking about it anywhere...

man thats rough...but seriously..i'd pop the hood....pull the bumper and beat the fenders away from the tires...duct tape the turn signals on...replace the radiator and drive the hell out of her...thats what i had to do in my 87 after my dad decided to get pissed at mom during their divorce...i drove her a couple weeks with duct taped lights and what not till i could get bumpers/grill/fenders...i had to bend the @!*% out of the latch assembly to get it to latch back after popping the hood...

and after seeing wheelmans "totaled" truck i wish i would have had the $ to buy it cuze i pulled the bumper off of the front tires and fan shroud...i drove it around the neighborhood/campus with no issues...i was checking to make sure the engine didnt take any @!*%

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can check the vehicle safety reports online, they said that no WD21 pathfinders were made with airbags. Infact I don't think Nissan used airbags until 1996 vehicles.

In general most vehicles before 1996 don't have airbags as a standard.

Might be possible if you installed an after market steering wheel?? never looked that up before :)

-Mike

Guest SuperSon

sorry to hear about your accident dude and glad your ok............

ok now we know hes ok and no airbag on his pathy.case settled! P... I get the first dibs on factory fog light and rear wind deflector. I know some of you are just waiting :D:P

Edited by SuperSon

Wow let the poor guy mourn his pathfinder before you vultures get your hands on it, and i got dibs on the dash dimmer switch. lol Sorry about the accident man, been there done that twice with my first '95, the last accident made it a write off, but i went out with my big insurance settlement and bought another one. Even without airbags i think its one of the safest suv's out there.

i would say yes... on this basis...

front end:

05060617436nd.jpg

back end: (bumper tailgate and tire carrier (didnt mess up the mounting or side panel)

2359897_5_full.jpg

thats the damage that caused totaling the vehicle? what speed was the impact? ...and it doesnt look like much damage at all...

He was at a dead stop and an F-150 rear ended him and pushed him into an R50...its "wheelmanLS1"'s pathy before the stripping action began...if i would have had the $ i would have bought the whole truck off of him...i pulled the front bumper off of the tire and drove it around as i mentioned b4 b/c i was buying the engine and wanted to make sure it didnt get damaged...

i was really shocked when i saw it and they totaled it b/c it was in mint condition...

He was at a dead stop and an F-150 rear ended him and pushed him into an R50

* Wonders if the blacked out taillights had any thing to do with the rear end accident :P:hide:

i was really shocked when i saw it and they totaled it b/c it was in mint condition...

My mom used to work for an insurance company, she said that they are totaling pretty much every thing these days.. don't know why.

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike

Glad to hear that you are OK. Any word on the lady that caused it? Ladder frame + steel bumper = battering ram. I rear-ended a lady a few years ago in my '95. I swerved as I realized I was going to hit her so the impact was the left 1/3 of the bumper. The bumper levered off the frame rail and pushed everything back about 6" into the tire. A little bashing and I drove it home. $20 for new head and running lights at the junk yard and it passed inspection. Not bad considering that my insurance company gave me almost a grand! If I hit her square my truck would have been fine but the compact I hit would have been destroyed.

A word on Insurance: I live in Mass and last year a friend had his car totalled when he was rear-ended. The insurance company offered him $3500 if he wanted to keep his car or $4500 if it was totalled. He took the $ and bought a truck. And if he had kept it he would have needed a special title showing that it had been wrecked. He never got an explanation why.

so... i didn't get even an offer to keep my truck, but i just got home from looting some goods! I couldn't remember all that everyone had asked for but i did get the dimmer switch, hazard switch and defrost switch. i also got some other small things, can't remember what all else. If interested leave a comment and i'll let you know if i got it.

so... i didn't get even an offer to keep my truck, but i just got home from looting some goods! I couldn't remember all that everyone had asked for but i did get the dimmer switch, hazard switch and defrost switch. i also got some other small things, can't remember what all else. If interested leave a comment and i'll let you know if i got it.

a lot of times u have to ask for that...but man im sorry u had a bad deal on the pathy...hopefully u can find another 1 soon...

Guest SuperSon

Dude you gotta ask them what your options are,See if you could buy the truck back if they totalled it and how much.

Dont be scared to ask your insurance company.youre paying them and the least they could do is offer you the option to buy it

Wonders if the blacked out taillights had any thing to do with the rear end accident tongue.gif chair.gif

i would have to say yes b/c 3 days B4 hand i was behind him thinking damn those are dark...the state trooper didnt know about DOT #s and the owner of the truck and trooper decided u could see them well enough...lucky for him...