This oughtta make their heads spin!

vengeful

The great white north has a place that is soooooo polluted that nasa uses it to test the moon rovers????? That's a little scary.

On a different note. Texas is adding lots of new reactors to the existing nuke plants. Even tho the cancer rate has gone thru the roof in the areas around them since they were built. Welcome to our world... :hide: Can we bend over and take a bigger sh!t on it??? :shrug:

Yeah, no kidding...

And with that plant in Canada, there's got to be more just like it around the world...And Al Gore wants me to stop driving my Pathfinder because it's the SUVs that are causing global warming....What a crock...

Good point. I was far more impressed by the VW TDI motor (or whatever, you know what I mean) that delivered decent power and excelent gas milage. For some reason, it can no longer be imported into Cali due to emmisions but the cummins 350CI (awesome motor!) is still fine for 3/4 ton 4x4's that people use to drive to work in. I just don't get it. :shrug:

Politics are far to involved to allow efficiency and the majority of people are clueless. Well, thats my opinion anyway.

*hopes for America to wake up*

B

Thats a trip...

You gotta love the fact that so many people praise themselves for driving hybrids and they don't even know the facts about the production of there precious Prius....

Is the there a PRIUS forum like ours...

It would be funny to post this there... :idea: :lol:

Edited by Hud

Good point. I was far more impressed by the VW TDI motor (or whatever, you know what I mean) that delivered decent power and excelent gas milage. For some reason, it can no longer be imported into Cali due to emmisions but the cummins 350CI (awesome motor!) is still fine for 3/4 ton 4x4's that people use to drive to work in. I just don't get it. :shrug:

Politics are far to involved to allow efficiency and the majority of people are clueless. Well, thats my opinion anyway.

B

Well you can still get diesel VWs and such in Cali, but you have to buy them used from out of state. Most dealers will do this for you (transfer a used diesel from another dealership to CA).

I know its blasphemy here but one of those CRD Heep Liberties would be nice...

Good point. I was far more impressed by the VW TDI motor (or whatever, you know what I mean) that delivered decent power and excelent gas milage. For some reason, it can no longer be imported into Cali due to emmisions but the cummins 350CI (awesome motor!) is still fine for 3/4 ton 4x4's that people use to drive to work in. I just don't get it.  :shrug:

The TDI engine was the reason I started looking at VW's, still kick myself to this day for buying a gas model. When they are tuned right they can actually make better numbers than my 8V 2.0 Gasser. 50+ mpg out of the box doesn't hurt either.

SC88 has a point though, its only the new diesels that can't be sold in the wussier states. Whereas VW & Dodge have been manufacturing and selling great diesel motors for years.

Hell if nissan sold the 2.7TD in the states I'd drop my VW in a heartbeat for one. Some days I still miss my old 6.5TD GMC, was only a half ton but got damn near 24mpg on its better days.

I wouldn't hold your breath ;)

Edited by Harbinger

Never thought about the production end, but I did know that those huge batteries that most hybrids or electric cars require were "environmentally" unfriendly at the end of their life, not to mention what kind of hazard they cause if damaged in a crash.

Anyone else watch the "Future Car" or whatever it was called on Discovery? They had 4 shows about the future of cars. Quite frankly about 90% of what they were planning for the future was quite scary. Things such as complete "fly by wire" and autopilot type things. You can't legally use a full hydro steering system because if it fails you have no control. What happens when your "fly by wire" only controled vehicle all of a sudden has a short in the steering feed, or throtle feed?

I think the smarter we think we are, the stupider we get -thnkboutit- .

It was a good read. And then I decided to check statements.

http://www.cyberbeach.net/~seajay/sudbury.html

Funny, doesn't look much like author described. Credibility = 0.

Like the local tourism commitee is going to post a bunch of wasteland pics and say, "Come visit here :D" -thnkboutit-

Land reclaiimation= buldozing the bad stuff under a thin layer of good soil (then no one will see it ;) ).

how would you know? :P:D:D

I actually was reading a pruis board... they hate on anything that runs gasoline, and there are actually guys putting rims on Prius'es!!!