Calmini Suspension Kit - Anyone Know About It?

pathy689

Ok here's the scoop. I tried AC's and was far from satisfied. Just put in the Calmini's, couldn't be happier. Just by taking them out of the box they came in I could tell it is a far superior product. From the sleeves, bushings, arms, to the new set of ball joints they even toss in, it is a great kit. It may be a few bucks more, but trust me, I've had both, and Calmini's product is Quality. I can't say enough about how good it is. Just don't make the same mistake I did.

M.M.

• 2 years later...

Don't waste your money, IMHO. Get a set of Jeep Grand cherokee coils, and some Roughcountry UCA's and you'll get the same amount of lift, for like 1/3 of the price.

As you can see... Some people here dont like it. I liked it just for the fact that everything came from one place, One "KIT"... Other than the squeeks I have not complaints...

If I were to do this whole thing over again. I would definately consider what Simon had mentioned. To date my SL has been picture perfect P...

There's a thread on here started by SkinnyPedal making reference to premature wearout of his Calmini Upper Control Arm bushings. He only had them on for 25,000kms, and already the bushings are shot, not to mention the squeak that almost every Calmini customer experiences with their arms. That's not NEARLY good enough, for the price of them.

I did exactly what Simon suggested. Bought a set of NEW Jeep Grand Cherokee coils ($47), a set of Rough Country UCA's ($169 shipped) and a set of Pro Comp ES9000 shocks set for a 2" lift ($159 WITH as steering stabilizer). So for under $400 and a bit of sweat, it seemed worth it to me.

I have had the Rough Country arms for 2 years with no complaints. They are great quality and cheap. Seems win win to me. I did get the Calmini coils and they are good but have sagged a little to much for my liking and are too soft. With camping gear and people it is draggin a$$. I would probably get Rubicon Express 3.5in lift coils and trim them till I liked them.

• 6 months later...
I did exactly what Simon suggested. Bought a set of NEW Jeep Grand Cherokee coils ($47), a set of Rough Country UCA's ($169 shipped) and a set of Pro Comp ES9000 shocks set for a 2" lift ($159 WITH as steering stabilizer). So for under $400 and a bit of sweat, it seemed worth it to me.

where did you get them for $169 shipped, all I keep finding is the package with shackles and all that.

You have to order just the UCA's and bushings on the phone. Roughcountry.com had them for that price, last I checked.

I'm not sure they work the super cheap deals anymore, but its worth a check, since I got them for $130 or so + shipping, but I heard somebody got fired like 6 months later because of this. :rolleyes: This was about 2 1/2 years ago, so things have changed, I'm sure. $169 seems very reasonable considering the competition, but if so, be SURE to specify the UCA's bushings are included. I went through a run-around with Rough Country because they *forgot* my bushings and figured I wouldn't need them anyways. Right. I dropped $10 in the mail, and it was solved quickly and to my satisfaction, just a heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

since this is a thread about not getting lift kits but instead getting all the parts separately, i thought i'd ask if this is a good deal or not:

some guy wants to sell me a set of sway away torsion bars, balljoint spacers and rear springs for $300 USD.

is this a good solution for a lift kit? and what's the point of getting BJ spacers? is it to eliminate the need for different UCA's?

thx for your help.

P.S. i'm new to npora/these forums/lift kits and this is my first post. i'm looking to lift my pathy in the near future. after reading the forums here, i feel i can make a good decision on what to buy. thx again.

since this is a thread about not getting lift kits but instead getting all the parts separately, i thought i'd ask if this is a good deal or not:

some guy wants to sell me a set of sway away torsion bars, balljoint spacers and rear springs for $300 USD.

is this a good solution for a lift kit? and what's the point of getting BJ spacers? is it to eliminate the need for different UCA's? Correct

thx for your help.

P.S. i'm new to npora/these forums/lift kits and this is my first post. i'm looking to lift my pathy in the near future. after reading the forums here, i feel i can make a good decision on what to buy. thx again.

Have a look at this re: your new status :D Start a thread :aok:

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showforum=19

is this a good solution for a lift kit? and what's the point of getting BJ spacers? is it to eliminate the need for different UCA's?

thx for your help.

Welcome, and you're right, as TNZ said, the ball joint spacers are SUPPOSED to eliminate the need for new UCA's. However, they don't always work as advertised, and there have been people who had issues running them in the past. 88pathoffroad ran them and destroyed his stock UCA's when he had them in.