What is the fastest you have gone in your Pathy?

NismoSkyZ

What is the fastest speed you have reached in your Pathy?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What is the fastest speed you have reached in your Pathy?

• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100
    • 100-110
    • 110-120
    • 120+

I personally went a little over 120 after trying to topping out, then hitting a steep descent. I am 99.9% sure that it will never happen again. On flat road, I top out at around 100-108. I never go over 85 with other people in the car, it's not like it's any safer than 90, I just don't like to do it. Also, this is a speed you reached on a closed course *wink*.

It's not a race car, So I drive it as such, especially with no sway bars, 3" lift, and 32" MT's. Even when it was stock, I didn't feel terribly safe at high speeds, not to mention that having it rev over 3K for any length of time allows me to watch the gas guage plummet to E FAR too quickly.

Back in August I made a road trip to VA. Beach and back From Missouri....did 90 mph the whole way back and hit 100-105 mph once or twice, too old of a pathy to be doing that though....I figured she might have wanted one more adrenaline high before she went on into her senior years....she loved it. :o

Edited by govols74n

My pathy is pretty much stock except for the 31x10.50 BFG's which are close to stock IIRC. She runs down the highway ok but she does not like the uphills or the wind of colorado. I once pushed it to about 105 and she held it nicely and surprisingly sturdy but I could hear this swish from the fuel guage as it went from 3/4 to 1/2 all to quickly. When I take her on trips I dont push it as let's face it these trucks are not meant to be driven at highway speeds for extended periods of time. They are ment for trails with lots of mud!! Atleast that is when mine is at her happiest. :)

Top speed in a pathy? umm, who cares?

It's like asking how many dysfunctional ugly people you've taken to bed. You'll never impress anyone even if you win...

Agreed.

I do 75 on most every highway I travel, my days of "topping out a car" have past. It's stupid and unsafe anyways...

Additionally, I doubt the speedo in a 97 Pathy w/ almost 100k on the odo. is credible at said speeds anyways...

Your right. My gps says 75 when my speedo says 80. Meh, I think you are all talking sense into me.

160km/h = 100mph I think. Had the old '92 auto around there few years ago, had the '95 m/t up to 150(km/h) this summer, felt like it had alot more left compared to the auto. I didn't feel like pushing the limits though.

These things are scary enough at high speeds when they're stock. now with the BL and larger tires, I won't be testing any speed limits :crazy:

I pulled out to pass a guy the other day and put my foot down. She kicked down to like 2nd and right at the point of swing the rev limiter kicks in :o I proceeded to have an argument with the steering wheel and crap myself. No swaybars no high speed ty :D