packie88

Which torsion bars are you going to buy or do you already have  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which torsion bars are you going to buy or do you already have

• Sway Away
    • Calmini
    • AC
    • SLR

which ones do you think are the best for a 3 inch suspension lift. I can find the calmini ones and the AC ones no problem but am not sure which Sway away ones it would be, a link to that would be awesome

i have the TM lift, and the t bars are nice n beefy, for mini me i am going with the sway-a-ways.... or any after market/stiffer t bars i can get at a reasonable cost.... :contract:

They hold the vehicle up better and don't sag as quickly as stock bars do. My stock bars are about shot, so I'm giving the SAW's a shot. I figure if the front suspension does less up-and-down cycling when hillclimbing and wheeling, the other parts will probably live a little longer cause the side-to-side wheelplay will be toned down. They're also less likely to allow the front suspension to bottom out over hard bumps or jumps.

i'm saving enough money to get the sway-away t-bars from steve's rugged rocks company. I think he's selling them the cheapest on the intrawebs at $125 or so.

I've run Sway Aways for about 4 years now, no droop or sag, and no issues. This has been at a full 2 1/2 - 3 in crank. I prefer them over the stock ride, slightly firmer overall on the highway, but they get very compliant around corners and on humpy surfaces.

By the way, I bought them back in the day on AC as "supposedly" AC parts that were white in color according to their website and 30% stiffer than stock. However, they came shipped as Sway Away parts in a nice red color, repackaged in a crappy box with some very generic instructions for any Nissan between the 70's-90's on a photocopied page. Works for me, I later painted my JCG coils in a rubberized red paint to match. :)

Reindex 'em by two splines and leave them on. They should be fine.

Anything special I have to do for the dual stage bars? I've read up on it, and it seems pretty straight forward, but none of the write ups I've read mention dual stage t-bars. Sooooo....if you know post up.

Thanks -bounce-

I know that I asked this in the Newbie area, but let me ask it again. With the lowered torsion bars, Wouldn't they be prone to breaking when going over logs, boulders, and on 4 wheel drive trips?

Could be, but people have broken t-bars without the Trailmaster kit.

Where's the option for stock?

I like having a more compliant suspension - it lets the wheels follow the terrain better, which is good for traction.

Very true, but not so good for taking bigger bumps and bounces at the sand dunes where the front end slams up and down to both limits constantly. Stiffer bars work better there.

Dunes? Dat's what the Raptor 700 (quad) is for!

But seriously... You do have a good point. How you use your truck and what you want it to do is what should drive decisions. Not what everybody else is doing.

I just like to point out that sometimes stock is better than aftermarket. We use our pathy mostly for exploring at reasonable speeds. If not jumping, stock spring rates work extremely well.