packie88

Which torsion bars are you going to buy or do you already have  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which torsion bars are you going to buy or do you already have

• Sway Away
    • Calmini
    • AC
    • SLR

i'm saving enough money to get the sway-away t-bars from steve's rugged rocks company. I think he's selling them the cheapest on the intrawebs at $125 or so.

Dayum, that's cheap! Way less than I paid. :( I haven't checked his store in a while... looking good.

K so I have the dreaded Pathfinder curse where my T-Bars sag. I could either get Brand new tortion bars (stock) with mounts and installed for about 700.00 or I could get a Calmini lift for around 750.00. Do you think that 31's would look ok or rub very much on the stock tortion bar replacements or do I need a lift?? Thanks

-T$

700 seems awfully high for torsion bars..they are usually around 150 bucks....and you can install them yourself, its pretty easy. If you havent reindexed yours I'd suggest doing that before you buy new ones...and if you're going to spend 700 bucks, Id definately spend it on a lift, not T-bars. Just my 2 pennies.

HAHA No I meant on the fender. I'm not that big of a nub. How hard is it to install a complete lift like Calmini sells? And does anyone have a brand to suggest other than Calmini?? Thanks

-T$

Stay away from Crapmini. I've heard far too many horror stories about them. Get yourself some RoughCountry (rebranded Superlift) Upper control arms, and a set of Jeep Grand Cherokee front coils. Much cheaper than the Calmini kit, and the Superlift arms, by all accounts, are far superior to the Calmini.

Local wrecking yard for the JCG Coils ($20-maybe $60)

Or a local parts store for some new ones.. probably $80-$100+

Call Rough Country directly and order just the Upper control arms for a Nissan HardBody... not the entire HB lift kit, but make sure you get the hardware for the arms (bolts, bushings, etc)

Not sure what they are going for right now... $150-$160 shipped to your door?

That price isn't including the tortion bars though rite? Ok so I was thinking the other day about how everyone says that if your front sags then get new tortion bars but then people talk about how it's not really the tortion bars that are going bad, the mounts are. Or bushings or whatever. anyways when you get aftermarket tortion bars does that include the mounts/bushings/whatever?? Thanks guys, you have been a lot of help!!

-Trevor

That price isn't including the tortion bars though rite? Ok so I was thinking the other day about how everyone says that if your front sags then get new tortion bars but then people talk about how it's not really the tortion bars that are going bad, the mounts are. Or bushings or whatever. anyways when you get aftermarket tortion bars does that include the mounts/bushings/whatever?? Thanks guys, you have been a lot of help!!

-Trevor

The torsion bars sag by themselves, there are no bushings or mounts involved that contribute to that. Cranking them up will work for a while, but they will eventually sag again and then you will need to reindex them because you won't be able to crank them any more. I have run stock t-bars for going on 7-8 years now, just so you know.