OMG OMG!

davekell

My wife wont let me put a snorkel on my path! should i divorce her? Beat her? I tried to reason with her, " ok ill use it only when 4x4'n and remove it when im not" but....nooooooooo! Is this a unpardonable sin? I dont want to pay child support, but i dotn want to suck water in my engine either :furious:

Go get yourself another (matching) fender, cut the whole in it and hide it.

Then accidently damage your trucks fender and "go look for a replacement" of course the ONLY replacement you will be able to find, will be one that "had" a snorkel mounted to it onces already. And the only way to cover up that unsightly hole would be with another snorkel :D

My wife wont let me put a snorkel on my path! should i divorce her? Beat her? I tried to reason with her, " ok ill use it only when 4x4'n and remove it when im not" but....nooooooooo! Is this a unpardonable sin? I dont want to pay child support, but i dotn want to suck water in my engine either :furious:

Compromise.....Just do it :D

Is it her truck? Will she fix it if the motor blows due to water intake?

Glad I'm single I just removed 80% of my dash :D

What is her reasoning behind denying your want and need to better your Pathy?!?!?!? And this is something that could save a whole lot of money by preventing the drowning of it. I say talk her into it. Let her "pick" the one that she thinks looks good. Then get the one you want. If she notices the difference, just tell her that the picture was for a different year and that this is the same thing just for my year. lol It's got to work. It just has to. If that fails, Just go with the, "Isn't this the one you picked? Oh, it's not. I'm sorry baby, I can't take it back now... It's already been put in."

Is this the family car that takes the kids to school? If that's the case she' got you by the uh um. (Can't bring myself to say it.) If this is the vehicle you drive daily to work she can only get mad if you use it to date chicks.

Your probably going to do it anyway, so do a good job of it. If fails and water gets in, your going to get an ear full.

Finally engines are cheaper that child support.

i say DO IT. if she doesn't like it. direct her towards the garage and the tool box. B)

unless, as above it is HER vehicle, and or it takes the kids to school everyday.. then i think she's SOL

does she put out a lot?  If not, put it on anyway.

MWaahaahaaa :clap:

But yeah, I say do it. Hell, if for no other reason than to see what all is involved so we can do it to my rig, then Thomas's, then Jeff's then James's (if he ever returns)

:beer:

You could plumb under the hood for it like normal and put a louvered vent in the fender like a Land Rover has. Then pop the vent out and attach the rest of the snorkle when needed. That way you wouldn't have to worry too much about the looks of it since it won't be permanently mounted. It could be a completely home made ugly contraption she'll never have to see unless you take her wheeling with you.

Nah, forget it. GrimGrg's idea is better. :aok:

exellent all of ya!

the reason she doesnt want it cause of the look, yes after 12 yrs of marrage she still puts out :). no its not the family rig, we have a vr6 jetta for that.

I was thinking that i might manufactuer a quick conversion, a black hard rubber peice over the hole that swings, when i go out i attach the snorkel and when im not i can remove it. relocate the washer resivore 1st hehe.

yes ill be able to find many easy places to use a snorkel here in WA. u know the traffic is bad so ill just submarine under the bridges, :allclean:

had another side thought to my whole remove the fender and dont...run it thru the bulkhead (firewall) up to the vents on the hood and then u could take that off really quickly and have a quick connect that runs across to the a pillar and up so it doesnt obstruct your view

:shrug:

12 years of marriage and you still haven't discovered It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission

I came home with a 7 ton backhoe once and mine never left. "Honey, I thought you loved surprises."

Good luck.