NPORA header pic

88pathoffroad

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i personally like the leaf one....nice going pezzy.....so what? our header doesnt have to contain what we talk about does it? B)

*instant memories of the ads from late 90's and early 2000's for various dot-com companies with their nondescript ads that leave you wondering "what are they selling, anyways???"* I still find myself asking... "why?"

It's the leaf that kills it for me the most :shrug:

What exactly does the dead leaf have to do with... Pathfinders, offroading, dirt, mud, trucks, etc. etc. etc. etc.? This is a forum about Pathfinders and people offroading Pathfinders, people with Pathfinders, people with Pathfinder question. Why is there an issue with having Pathfinders represented in the header to the masses? :huh:

Ok well when this topic was first posted I started some, then things got a little busy in life and it slipped to the back burner :shrug:

But now I got back into it.. started fresh then noticed that JDPathy's design was along the same lines of mine, only it was done... so I stole it! :P ....hope you don't mind JD? :unsure: (if so, then I can make a new background :aok:)

They still do not address the width issue.. but who knows

The background in the first three just an initial image to get started with (since my background was not done) but I thought they look "ok" so I included them. :shrug:

nporaheaderpicsakj0.th.png

nporaheaderpicsbnz9.th.png

So yeah... I went a little overboard :D

sssh  just a thought. although this is called NPORA...... a lot of our new members have not, and will never be going off road.... therefore i say use pics that people of all walks of life can identify with.. in other words. no heavily modified, unrecognizable rigs doing insane things..... and maybe (if 4 pics are used for example) 2 be on road/poser shots and 2 be off road... don't want to scare new members by letting them think we are strictly hard core off roaders here..... just my .02  -study-

The leaf isn't representative of what we are here...and 88, it was you the other day the disagreed strongly with Slick when she suggested anything other than 100% offroad pics, to more accurately represent the forum population that didn't venture offroad, because you felt that's not what we're about. Not only are there no Pathy's included in that header pic, but there's pavement behind it!

Nah, this is the Nissan Pathfinder OFFROAD Association. We're here to offroad and talk about it. Not pound curbs and wheel on grocery store parking lots. I don't care who wheels or not, but that's our theme.

:shrug::shrug: This header isn't exactly what you described you were after the other day. Just my .02, though. RedPath's last 12 are superb, IMO :aok:

Edited by navygz19

This gives me an idea though, why don't we use Pezzy's pic as a footer and put the link to Npathfinders.com somewhere else, and use something else for the header just so that people know what we are representing. Personally I think that it would look much better if we do something like that. Don't get me wrong though, I think that Pezzy's compilation looks really cool.

:cool2: -thnkboutit-

:mellow: OMG PEOPLE!

It's a Joke...

HA. HA.

*shakes head*

If you thought that was a serious effort, please re-read my sigline.

Yeah, that's what I figured... since your a Leaf fan and all :lol:

*I think most of the responce came from the fact 88 put it up on the board... I know that is where mine came from ;)

Edited by RedPath88

I put it up as a ha-ha kinda thing, don't get all y'alls panties in a twist. Doesn't Pezzy do good work though? :) I'll switch it out and we'll have Pathfinders up there, I was just messing around.

RedPath88: Good work! The "T" looks funky in that font and I don't really dig the fog over the Pathy pics, though.

How about we come up with new ones every so often and we switch back and forth? Variety is the spice of life!

I put it up as a ha-ha kinda thing, don't get all y'alls panties in a twist. Doesn't Pezzy do good work though? :) I'll switch it out and we'll have Pathfinders up there, I was just messing around.

RedPath88: Good work! The "T" looks funky in that font and I don't really dig the fog over the Pathy pics, though.

How about we come up with new ones every so often and we switch back and forth? Variety is the spice of life!

I thought the same of the "T"... I did in earlier ones correct that, and I can probably do it the same in these.. I can actually mix and match any of the pics/text without any trouble. Same goes for changing the background.. if someone has something better, it can easily be swapped in.

The one you put up as the current header has the background sharpened and uses both the "Glowing" gray and "glowing" black text... the black was placed on top of the grey... with just the black, it made the text to hard to see.

With the limitations of the software and your permissions, would it be possible to set up a random header pic? So that each time a NPORA page (any page) loads, it could be something different?